Menu

Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture - 'Hunger Games  Mockingjay Part 2' Paris Photocall & Premiere

Jennifer Lawrence was the only female star to move onto Paris, France to continue promoting ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2’.

Photocall: Her first look of the day was easily her best. She wore a Christian Dior Couture pale pink dress styled with Dior shoes and belt which gave the look some modernity which has been desperately lacking from her previous looks.

Premiere: *Le sighs*. Yet another horror to add to the pack. Whoever thought this Christian Dior Couture nightdress/sack/tent/whatever-you-want-to-call-it was a great idea for a 25 year old actress, or any actress, needs to sit alone in a corner and re-evaluate what they are doing to this poor girl because pretty much NOTHING is working. If I didn’t know better, I would say she’s having quintuplets.

Where is Elizabeth Banks when you need her?

dior

Credit: Vogue.com, Getty & FameFlynet

Tessa Thompson In Roksanda, Mary Katrantzou, Kimora Lee Simmons, Altuzarra & Rodarte - 'Creed' Promotion

Tessa Thompson In Roksanda, Mary Katrantzou, Kimora Lee Simmons, Altuzarra & Rodarte – ‘Creed’ Promotion

LACMA 2015 Art+Film Gala Red Carpet Roundup

LACMA 2015 Art+Film Gala Red Carpet Roundup

61 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture – ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2’ Paris Photocall & Premiere

1. Dhppy November 19, 2015 at 7:40 am #

I’ll admit it, I like the second look… a lot. I think the whole ensemble is Regency period etherealness.

2. J.E November 12, 2015 at 10:00 am #

She needs to change stylists asap!!!
    I don’t think it’s the Dior collaboration that’s bad but her stylist has the worst taste ever! She/he picks the worst styles from Dior, pieces that aren’t flattering for Jennifer. Anyone here could do a best job tbh.

3. NH November 10, 2015 at 8:25 pm #

“Whoever thought this Christian Dior Couture nightdress/sack/tent/whatever-you-want-to-call-it…” just cracked me up… I love you FC with your witty comments

4. kane November 10, 2015 at 6:11 pm #

Caption for the second look: she’s pregnant, right?

5. neli November 10, 2015 at 5:48 pm #

she has no style.

6. B November 10, 2015 at 5:04 pm #

At this point, I think we all should start a petition for Calvin Klein to help free her from this Dior contract

7. Mavi November 10, 2015 at 3:49 pm #

HOW? WHY? ARGH
    It’s official: Dior hates her.
    The second look is just…just… I don’t even know how to call this disaster.

8. charlotte November 10, 2015 at 11:51 am #

At this point,I am really grateful that Raf Simons is leaving Dior….
    It must be a sign of God.
    No more ugly couture from Dior…let’s hope so

9. Noemi November 10, 2015 at 11:14 am #

I’d like someone to explain me why Dior pays her a fortune to look awful on some of the most important red carpets of the year.

10. amy November 10, 2015 at 10:04 am #

1st look : okay.
    2nd look: oh dear.

11. Lily November 10, 2015 at 4:50 am #

“Whoever thought this Christian Dior Couture nightdress/sack/tent/whatever-you-want-to-call-it was a great idea for a 25 year old actress, or any actress, needs to sit alone in a corner and re-evaluate what they are doing to this poor girl”

hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha this is hilarious………and very true.

12. TinaL November 10, 2015 at 2:54 am #

She really should fire her stylist. These outfits are awful.

• siamsunset November 10, 2015 at 4:10 am #

+1 to new stylist.

13. Aatis November 10, 2015 at 2:09 am #

The 2nd dress is too Pride and Prejudice for her.It’s just a theatre dress.

14. Millie November 10, 2015 at 1:11 am #

I actually like these two looks better than the ones in London. I like it better when she covers herself rather than let her breast hanging out. But again, her red carpet status is definitely falling behind of Lea Seydeux..

15. Phoenix November 10, 2015 at 12:09 am #

Poor girl. The first could of passed if not for those hideous shoes. The second had me staring. She DOES look mega-pregnant in it. Its such a shame that shes forced to wear this stuff.
    When the heck does her contract end w Dior??? It seems like she has been with them for ages….far too long anyways…

16. Dero November 10, 2015 at 12:00 am #

The photo call look is adorable. If Dakoka Johnson picked it and was pulling it off like this, commenters here would be swooning. But since it’s JLaw, it just gets a bunch of “it’s ok”s. The premiere look isn’t my taste but I’ve seen Marion Cotillard wear much uglier and get away with it, so meh.

I officially think Jennifer’s style is underrated here. Both the Berlin and London premiere looks were great, and really matched her personality and style, yet I read the comments here, or FC’s “another horror!” line, and it appears you guys think they were some sort of travesty. Comparing the reception to her looks here vs other places online, including other fashion blogs like TLo, is very interesting to see. I personally don’t think you guys give her enough credit.

• Catherine Kallon November 10, 2015 at 12:20 am #

Dero, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

But your comment appears to be that I am wrong and those other sites are right. There is no wrong or right. There is only a matter of opinion.

Apparently I am not falling in line with the likes of Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar by loving Jennifer’s red carpet style just because she is the girl-of-the-moment.

Sorry, but that is the very beauty of owning your own blog. You are allowed to have YOUR OWN opinion.

I have no affiliation with Dior. I don’t care if they invite me to their runway shows, I don’t feature their advertising on my site so I don’t need to water down my opinion.

With regards to Jennifer, the same applies. I don’t need to keep her or her team sweet in order for feature her on my website, so again, I don’t need to water down my opinions.

You’ll be surprised how people opinions favour something as bad as this dress when they are looking to ensure they have long-term relationship with brand/talent.

• Dero November 10, 2015 at 6:11 am #

I thought I made it pretty clear in my comment I am not talking about your own sole critiques, but rather the consensus formed on this site through the comments section. Although your implication that other fashion blogs like TLo would only speak positively about her last few looks in order to win favour with brands or celebrities is not one I can agree with. At all. That hasn’t stopped them from critiquing her in the past.

• Catherine Kallon November 10, 2015 at 8:40 am #

I didn’t mention the other site you are desperately trying to plug. I am talking about Vogue and Harpers as I said in my comment to you.

I don’t judge my opinions against other sites

• Jack November 10, 2015 at 5:42 am #

I agree with you. I think both looks are pretty good, not because other magazines say so. I just like the Dior asthetics. Nowadays, i feel like there is a lot of Dior haters out there just because they fired John Galliano, they didn’t even try to understand different views of the dress or how it flows. Most people are probably only judging from one photo shown here.

• LeeAnn November 10, 2015 at 11:41 am #

Jack I have seen the dresses up close and am (was ) one of Dior’s biggest ready to wear clients. Whilst I was sad to see John leave I was also beginning to think that his clothes were starting to look like caricatures of the Dior code. I heavily bought into the first few collections that Raf produced and was frustrated that many of his looks did not translate in photos because they were beautiful. The last 2 collections that Raf produced were not. He was actually more Dior at Jil Sander than the last few years. I have not bought any a/w this season from Dior and will probably not buy this years resort.
        I have also seen first hand how they treat bloggers who are given free clothes, accessories and amazing trips. Of course they gush but do they wear it paying with their own dosh ? No.. I accept trips because I buy the clothes but it sticks to see a 15 year old blogger being flown first class and given a suite and free swag cause they have 100,000 followers of whom 99.9% can’t afford more than a perfume.
        So sites like this where real people comment are far more honest and respectful feedback than a Susiebubble who was given a resort coat last year.

I am not judging from one picture. Dior has a big problem with their clothes – in one year Gucci has stolen many of their clients and soon the acessory clients will follow. They have lost a lot of their old clients and are mainly focussed on very young but how many can afford £5000 dresses? They are selling the accessories but the clothes are being burned.

17. liz November 9, 2015 at 11:42 pm #

Isn’t there a loophole in her contract that would allow her stylist to pull from the archives? Because even she must be wondering if this horror is worth the money at this point.

• LeeAnn November 10, 2015 at 11:25 am #

Jennifer is not an archives size. I’m surprised they allowed the boots which from recollection are pre Raf. Seeing dresses like this make me think he either really had run out of ideas or did not have enough time to percolate them. Either way they are not flattering nor are they Dior.

18. Ramsay November 9, 2015 at 11:28 pm #

I actually like both
    The photo call look is her best photo call look so far
    The dress is dreamy and angelic
    Understand that I’m in the minority on this

• Victoria November 10, 2015 at 12:05 am #

+1… minority of 2!

• sara November 11, 2015 at 12:03 am #

+ 3! i think she looks like an angel in that gown, very different from her usual half naked style..

19. Pedro November 9, 2015 at 10:57 pm #

Dior hate this girl!

The second look is WDOTY

20. molly November 9, 2015 at 10:50 pm #

I actually dont hate the premiere look. She is in desperate need of a belt, but its not the worst thing ever. I just dont get why people like Emily Blunt (Guggenheim gala) get these stunning custom pieces from Dior but their main girl gets the looks from their reject list. I sincerely hope that she doesnt renew her Dior contract when its up. If anything, Jennifer should be the face of Calvin Klein who has produced her top looks and seems to match her preference for simple and comfortable clothes.

21. Zara November 9, 2015 at 10:45 pm #

First look- cute but those shoes are soooo ugly
    Second Look- looked MUCH more pretty and ethereal at the premiere- this look doesn’t photograph well. Her makeup and hair are so pretty. Why did she leave Rachel Zoe and move to jill and Jordan ??????????

22. Zineb November 9, 2015 at 10:37 pm #

It’s a known fact that Jennifer Lawrence has 0 sense of fashion / style. She’s the face of a major fashion house SIMPLY BECAUSE she’s a movie star. The girl doesn’t have the slighest idea of what works or not for her.
    Elizabeth Banks, Jessica Chastain, Léa Seydoux, Cate Blanchett now these girls ARE fashion icons. Jennifer Lawrence, not so much. No way would’ve Elizabeth Blanks agreed to wear that.

• Dero November 10, 2015 at 12:02 am #

Jessica Chastain…. fashion icon? Gurl….

• ayatlaw November 10, 2015 at 8:13 pm #

LOL +1

• sara November 11, 2015 at 12:02 am #

+ 3…just no

• Fiona-Brasil November 10, 2015 at 9:25 am #

+ 1

• Milla B. November 11, 2015 at 3:16 am #

23. Shievar November 9, 2015 at 10:24 pm #

She needs to replace whoever’s in charge with her outfit selection.

• Zineb November 9, 2015 at 10:39 pm #

It’s Dior the problem. Her stylist doesn’t have many options. They can only pick from a Dior collection and GOD KNOWS how awful Dior collections have been in recent years.

• Dee November 10, 2015 at 3:08 am #

24. Bailey November 9, 2015 at 10:15 pm #

Two horrible looks. The second one makes her look like she’s dressing up as Princess Leia.

25. justme November 9, 2015 at 10:02 pm #

What in the Victorian nightgown hell?
    The photocall isn’t much better tbh.

Even if Jennifer has bad taste (which I do believe she does), her stylist should step up. He/she keeps failing her.

26. Valissa November 9, 2015 at 9:57 pm #

*sigh* I don’t know who in the House of Dior saw Jennifer and thought “oh yeah, sign her up!”. She makes no sense as an ambassador. But I guess we all know that by now, no use beating a dead horse.

Both looks are obviously a miss. I’m hoping the new Dior designer sets her free and she can start wearing more modern and minimalist designers (CK, Ralph Lauren, Boss) because she’s a beautiful woman who deserve better than this.

27. pinksugar November 9, 2015 at 9:38 pm #

The 1st dress is ok but those shoes look horrendous. The 2nd look is God awful. Looks like she is wearing Ma Ingalls nightgown. Dior continues to be her downfall.

28. Alina November 9, 2015 at 9:35 pm #

These are both dull and extremely unflattering. I don’t get it.

At this point, it’s not about the fact that she’s only wearing Dior. I mean… OK, there haven’t been many amazing pieces from Dior in the last years, but her stylist seems to always find the worst of them.

29. Rachel November 9, 2015 at 9:34 pm #

The first look is not bad, although I prefer the styling of the runway, with that sleeveless sweater on.
    Her hair and makeup are great on both looks, she is really beautiful. I love her blonde.
    Regarding the 2nd dress, I think it’s an incredible dress, the only problem is that should have been worn with a belt or something that showed her amazing figure. The tent like dresses never look good on the red carpet, they should already know that. But I like the fabric and the shoulder details of the dress.

30. Caroline November 9, 2015 at 9:30 pm #

I actually love the premiere look. It looked absolutely ethereal in movement. The hairstyle and soft make up accompanied the gown perfectly and she looked like a vision. The photos really do make it seem like it was a heeeeellll no. The photocall look though is a miss.

• Chris November 9, 2015 at 9:41 pm #

I think that’s the general problem with her premiere looks. They somehow photograph much worse than they are, photos don’t do this girl and her outfits lately any justice. I saw her Berlin look in person and she looked better than the photos make it appear. Her stylists should know better, though and be able to pick outfits that don’t look unflattering and loose their appeal on the photos.

• Charlotte November 9, 2015 at 9:49 pm #

On a documentary on fashion and celebrities I saw on french television, we heard that Penelope Cruz tried a Chanel dress several times and during the fitting she asked her assistant to take her picture from various angles to see how it will be on magazines and web site… at the end she didn’t wear the Chanel dress !
      So maybe Jennifer Lawrence should ask some advices to others actresses.

31. Chris November 9, 2015 at 9:29 pm #

The first one is great.
    The second one… I saw some fan photos on which she looked really nice as well and from those photos I could guess that she probably looked quite ethearal in person. But yeah, it didn’t photograph flatteringly. Thanks to some of the fan photos I saw, I still am intrigued, though.

32. Aminet November 9, 2015 at 9:28 pm #

LOL!

FC- you just read Jennifer & her team to filth in your premiere look paragraph!

This is Paris for crying out loud- something fabulous wouldn’t hurt, Jen. Ugh.

33. Fiona-Brasil November 9, 2015 at 9:27 pm #

The first look is ok but nothing special, the second if I was in her skin I would refuse to leave the room in that…

34. Yeliz November 9, 2015 at 9:26 pm #

I’m also seriously starting to think that Dior hates Jennifer. There can’t be another reason for her premiere looks. This is the worst of the worst so far.
    The photocall look is OK from the ankles up.

35. sanette November 9, 2015 at 9:21 pm #

This is just sad. The question is why would she ever agree to wear this? The first look is nice.

• james November 9, 2015 at 9:29 pm #

I just think she has bad taste. She cannot wear something she doesn’t like. In comparison to Rihanna, she always manages to spice up her dior outfits since she is also an ambassador. She adds up her personality into her dior dresses so she doesn’t look like an old lady.

• Christine November 9, 2015 at 9:55 pm #

Agreed. Someone is setting her up. Atleast her first look she looks youthful. You would think she would have better options.

36. Charlotte November 9, 2015 at 9:21 pm #

I can’t believe she manages to do worst than her London premiere look !
    The second look is awful, this dress…I can’t believe it’s Dior, and the hair and the make up are as much awful.

37. AnderBoBo November 9, 2015 at 9:19 pm #

My god they hate her.

• Char G. November 10, 2015 at 1:49 am #

Maybe it’s she that hates Dior. Or they hate each other. It’s a serious question.

• CTgirl November 10, 2015 at 8:46 pm #

They morphed her into Elsa Lancaster as the Bride of Frankenstein.

• JJ November 11, 2015 at 1:32 pm #

Ha ha! Or like she wore her nightgown. Her stylist hates her.