Menu

Carey Mulligan In Oscar de la Renta – ‘Suffragette’ LA Premiere

Carey Mulligan In Oscar de la Renta - 'Suffragette' LA Premiere

Carey Mulligan attended the premiere of ‘Suffragette’ at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater on Tuesday (October 20) in Beverly Hills, California.

There are celebrities styles which I love (Cate Blanchett, Zoe Saldana, Gabrielle Union, Diane Kruger, Lucy Liu, Jane Krakowski, Sophia Bush); have learned to live with (Kate Winslet, Fan Bingbing (when it comes to the shoes); and those who will consistently make my eyes roll (Sofia Vegara, Jennifer Aniston).

Carey was in the “learned to live with” section, but with each passing day I’m feeling a lot of love.

On this occasion she looked every so pretty wearing an Oscar de la Renta Spring 2016 organza and lace halterneck dress with delicate cascading ruffles in a sugary lilac shade.

A contrasting magenta lip and grey pumps rounded out this look.

Thoughts?

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Kim Kardashian In Altuzarra - CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Show

Kim Kardashian In Altuzarra – CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Show

Sienna Miller In Rodarte - 'Burnt' New York Premiere

Sienna Miller In Rodarte – ‘Burnt’ New York Premiere

25 Responses to Carey Mulligan In Oscar de la Renta – ‘Suffragette’ LA Premiere

1. Leah October 23, 2015 at 00:58 #

I’ve always been a Carey fan, so I love when she steps outside the norm and tries something different, like this. Your lists are brilliant, btw- VERY much in agreement, especially on the celebs whose style makes you roll your eyes :p

2. Noemi October 22, 2015 at 11:27 #

I don’t like the styling, the color of the lipstick kind of crashes with the delicate color of the dress and I don’t like the shoes.

3. Yeliz October 22, 2015 at 07:25 #

So lovely and feminine, she looks very beautiful.

4. Nat39 October 22, 2015 at 02:41 #

Charming, perfection, j’adore, I’d put this up for BDOTW.

5. Laraine October 22, 2015 at 02:38 #

She looks lovely! I never in a million years would have chosen this one (for anyone!) off the runway, but it’s really pretty and flattering on Carey.

6. Phoenix October 21, 2015 at 22:48 #

She has had some interesting styles as of late. I like this, although the shoes are a lil off. But I like this change alot and I hope she sticks with it!

7. CreoleLady October 21, 2015 at 22:29 #

I also agree. Starting to pay a bit more attention to her on the rc, no doubt. Not bad at all!

8. Aocc October 21, 2015 at 20:55 #

She’s on a roll! BDOTW

9. Agnes October 21, 2015 at 20:27 #

I am a fan of Carey style. Maybe she had an hectic stage but at the beginning of her career she had lots of hits. I loved the dress for the Bafta ceremony when she won as a best actress

10. Della October 21, 2015 at 20:08 #

I love this so much on Carey. The dress is so romantic and feminine! I adore the lipstick, but the shoes seem out of place.
    I loved her Marc Jacobs suit from a couple of days ago too—pastels really suit her!

11. Chris October 21, 2015 at 18:12 #

I agree, I’m really excited by the new direction her style has taken and from look to look, I’m just getting more excited – love love love this! Soo pretty!

12. Caroline October 21, 2015 at 17:52 #

Her bold make up doesn’t go with the sugar-y thing the dress has got going on and the shoes are a no from me too. Just no.

13. Milla B. October 21, 2015 at 17:46 #

I love how her style is improving lately. She looks great here.
    Btw, I love your faves list. I could predict Cate, Diane and Zoe be in it, but the others were a pleasant surprise. Especially Lucy Liu, who is one of my girl crushes.

14. Alina October 21, 2015 at 17:42 #

I like the dress on her – very delicate, but those shoes are a no. Also… I think she needs another makeup artist.

15. Anna October 21, 2015 at 17:38 #

She’s been using Petra Flannery, Emma Stone’s stylist for this promo tour.
    I’m loving it too.

• Christine October 21, 2015 at 19:47 #

So glad she got a new stylist! She looks great!

• sophie October 21, 2015 at 21:18 #

Phew. She was using Ryan Hastings, who as always, killed her style by making it all black, white, grey, nude or powder pink.

Petra is very creative and is known to push her clients in new directions (see Amy Adams before the snooze of Max Mara snoozeaged her style), so this is interesting. Thank God for the change and I hope Carey stays with Petra Flannery or goes back to Samantha McMillen.

I don’t like it when stars flip flop between stylists.

• Chris October 21, 2015 at 20:12 #

ah! I already guessed she had to have a new stylist, but I didn’t know who it might be. Thanks for the info.

16. meme October 21, 2015 at 17:35 #

No. Too frilly and the shoes are all wrong.

17. Evita October 21, 2015 at 17:34 #

Ι have officially fallen in love with her style as well FC

18. The original AB October 21, 2015 at 17:19 #

I like the change of pace in her recent looks but there is still something about them that doesn’t 100% work for me.

19. pinksugar October 21, 2015 at 17:08 #

Love this. It’s nice to see her in a softer, more feminine look of late.

20. Dee October 21, 2015 at 17:07 #

Don’t like the hair. The middle part is not flattering.

21. Ellen October 21, 2015 at 17:01 #

Agree that the shoes do not compliment; however, dress, hair, makeup all a delight.

22. sophie October 21, 2015 at 16:55 #

Wow, love it! Never would have plucked this off the runway for her, but it is a lovely surprise. I hope she keeps this up. Her style was boring.

Her shoe choice is still an eyesore. She needs to stay away from black, grey, taupe and brown shoes.