Menu

August 5, 2015 Premiere

Kate Mara In Valentino – ‘Fantastic Four’ New York Premiere

Kate Mara In Valentino - 'Fantastic Four' New York Premiere

Following her previous three looks earlier in the day, Kate Mara was still on top form while attending the premiere of ‘Fantastic Four’ on Tuesday (August 4) in New York City.

Continuing to keep the hemline high, the actress selected a bow-accented leather dress from Valentino that brings decidedly sleek charisma to the table.

Having worn a succession of sweet frocks, I like that she put forth a darker, slightly alluring vibe to her red carpet look.

YYO569_in_xl

You can buy Kate’s Valentino Bow Drape Leather Dress from Lane Crawford.

Credit: Getty

Greta Gerwig In Rosie Assoulin & Hellessy - 'Mistress America' London Photocall

Greta Gerwig In Rosie Assoulin & Hellessy – ‘Mistress America’ London Photocall

Priyanka Chopra In Cushnie et Ochs - Disney ABC Television Group’s 2015 Summer TCA Press Tour

Priyanka Chopra In Cushnie et Ochs – Disney ABC Television Group’s 2015 Summer TCA Press Tour

19 Responses to Kate Mara In Valentino – ‘Fantastic Four’ New York Premiere

1. Charlotte August 6, 2015 at 3:57 am #

Her makeup was superb….that;s the first thing I noticed.kudos to her makeup artist.
    the leather dress is not something I would expect to see at a big budget blockbuster premiere,however, I personally think she nailed it.

2. sanette August 5, 2015 at 8:43 pm #

That hair and make up makes her look about ten years older. I’m not a fan of her new style either. She should leave these types of dresses to her sister.

3. Phoenix August 5, 2015 at 8:35 pm #

Meh. Its rather ugly n dull. Esp dull for a premiere.

4. Bfly August 5, 2015 at 8:13 pm #

I’m digging her overall look, especially hair and makeup. I don’t hate the dress, but it’s very underwhelming, and the shoes do nothing to elevate it whatsoever. Nudists are to be worn with something more detailed, not something this simple, because then it’s just borrrrrrring! She is a beauty though.

5. Marcel August 5, 2015 at 7:07 pm #

The leather looks stiff, not soft and buttery as it should be The silhouette reminds me a butcher apron.

Horrid dress.

Neck up she looks gorgeous.

6. Nat39 August 5, 2015 at 6:24 pm #

This is one ugly little dress, indeed, save it for a car seat cover, and it may be cool leather but the silhouette, besides being unflattering, is still too twee – what I’d be interested to see her rock is a real sleek menswear-inspired look to match the edgy sexiness of her beauty look which she is rocking convincingly on this occasion, enough of those little frocks. As it is, the look does nothing for her and is way underwhelming for the premiere.

7. CreoleLady August 5, 2015 at 6:17 pm #

There was one reason why I was looking forward to this promo tour — Michael B Jordan. Love him on the rc. Mara’s pixie was a surprise and had me interested in her style for a bit. Kudos, I lIke the cut. But this look has me losing interest again.

• Carla August 6, 2015 at 1:14 am #

I agree about the hair–I actually think it’s her best ever–and I don’t get all the hate–I think she looks spectacular, and I can’t say I’ve ever thought that about Kate Mara. I like that the look seems to reflect her style and not the stylist’s idea of what she should wear to a premiere. It’s far more interesting than having a professional pick out something “appropriate” to wear.

8. Charlotte August 5, 2015 at 5:45 pm #

The fit of the dress is wrong, the hairsyle is bad (as usually), only the make up is good.

9. kane August 5, 2015 at 4:46 pm #

Nice make up, otherwise hugely underwhelming.

10. pinksugar August 5, 2015 at 3:31 pm #

This dress looks like a trash bag. It has no shape and leather in the summer time? No go for me. Her makeup does look nice.

11. meme August 5, 2015 at 2:55 pm #

I am convinced some women will wear anything so long as a big name designer’s is on it. That is one hella ugly dress. She’s done something to her face.

12. dee August 5, 2015 at 1:47 pm #

Neck up is lovely. The dress is ok but it’s not exciting enough for a big movie premiere.

13. Chris August 5, 2015 at 1:28 pm #

I think this is bad… it’s not worthy of a big summer blockbuster premiere… and especially from the side it looks really unflattering. I had hopes because her last couple looks were so good for talkshow appearances etc., but… I was dissapointed, I guess. I like the make-up, though.

14. Alina August 5, 2015 at 1:14 pm #

So… your client is in a big, huge movie and this is what you put her in at the premiere? Why? So disappointing.

• Christine August 5, 2015 at 1:20 pm #

Exactly my thoughts! Mind is boggled…….

• The original AB August 6, 2015 at 8:15 am #

15. Evita August 5, 2015 at 1:12 pm #

She looks so beautiful neck up! The dress is boring and the silhouette of it is boring and repetitive(exactly the same as the J.Mendel one and some others she had worn). It’s super unflattering on her and the whole look,along with the shoe,s is really lackluster for a premiere,it blends in with all the other looks of her promo tour and is actually imo one of the worse. It’s a no from me,especially with that added black fabric on the plunging neckline and the pointy-looking breasts. I had high hopes for her and she let me down…I hope she at least wows in one of the other premieres that are to come…

16. Christine August 5, 2015 at 1:05 pm #

Loving the beauty look. Makeup wise she looks gorgeous. The hair even looks not bad here, but the rest is unflattering and this is the best she can do for a premiere???

Another Photocall look if you ask me. But I wasn’t expecting much from her anyway. This promo tour was a yawn fest with only two looks I thought were nice but nothing special.