Menu

November 24, 2014 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Nicole Kidman In Prada – ‘Paddington’ London Premiere

Nicole Kidman In Prada - 'Paddington' London Premiere

Nicole Kidman attended the world premiere of ‘Paddington’ held at Odeon Leicester Square on Sunday (November 23) in London, England.

Keeping her curly updo shielded from the rain with a clear umbrella, I love the playful exuberance I’m getting from this Prada Resort 2015 trompe l’oeil black and sheer-sleeved frock. Perfect for a kids’ movie.

Prada seem to be sticking to this crystal-accented formula for their red carpet dresses; you may remember that this same detailing featured on both Jessica Chastain’s and Felicity Jones’ Prada frocks.

Other than her brolly, the other noteworthy accessory here is Nicole’s Christian Louboutin ‘Allegra’ cut-out shoe boots.

_ON_0553.1366x2048

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Zhang Ziyi In J. Mendel - 2014 Golden Horse Awards

Zhang Ziyi In J. Mendel – 2014 Golden Horse Awards

Jenna Dewan Tatum In Noir Sachin & Babi - FOX's Cause For Paws: An All-Star Dog Spectacular

Jenna Dewan Tatum In Noir Sachin & Babi – FOX’s Cause For Paws: An All-Star Dog Spectacular

21 Responses to Nicole Kidman In Prada – ‘Paddington’ London Premiere

1. snowlion November 25, 2014 at 6:22 am #

Mary Poppins does red carpet. She looks a bit silly.

• Denise November 25, 2014 at 9:56 am #

That’s exactly what I thought when I saw her with the ombrella. Silly, juvenile, not herself.

2. kane November 24, 2014 at 11:30 pm #

She’s been such a caricature of herself recently. Just what’s going on?

3. Bailey November 24, 2014 at 10:23 pm #

Ugh that dress and hair…she looks like an old granny doll..the dress tries to make her youthful but instead makes her older..

4. Zineb November 24, 2014 at 7:20 pm #

Prada needs to stop designing hideous/granny outfits.

5. Tiger Nueng November 24, 2014 at 4:36 pm #

I love a detail of dress when closed up, This is a good choice but her hairdo really aging her!!!!

6. Marcel November 24, 2014 at 4:22 pm #

Another Prada fail. And counting. I have 15 of them in my list…

• meme November 24, 2014 at 5:46 pm #

Prada seems to always fail. Never lived up to that stunning lavender Oscar gown worn by Uma years ago

• Sleepless in Chicago November 27, 2014 at 1:32 pm #

This this a comic book ridiculous get up. No one can (not should) wear it.

7. pinksugar November 24, 2014 at 4:09 pm #

Take away that weird bedazzled boob pocket and I can totally get behind this. But with that on the dress it just makes it look busy.

8. sanette November 24, 2014 at 3:45 pm #

I love the retro vibe of this look. It’s playful and I just love the hair.

• Phoenix November 24, 2014 at 7:05 pm #

+1 I agree.
      I think this is perfect for her, the hair is great, and she looks the best shes looked in a while.

9. coll November 24, 2014 at 3:14 pm #

No one does chic like our dear Nic. I also love the pairing with the edgier/dominatrix shoes…it keeps the look from veering into mantronly land- it’s also keeping in line with her sinister character in this movie.

10. Ramsay November 24, 2014 at 3:01 pm #

This (the dress and the hair) has a definite 1940s film noir feel to it
    I seem to say the same thing every single time I comment on a Kidman look: Chic. She seems to really own this word. The same way I think of the word “regal” whenever a Blanchett look comes along or the word “sexy” for J Lo or the word “unfussed” for Julia Roberts. I am not sure I would have cared for this look in any way had it been on someone else. On Kidman I find it chic. Her hairdo works – though I would assume it will be controversial – as another element of chic. The shoes too.
    I remember a few years ago Madonna had a phase where she was constantly wearing these kinds of dresses (very similar to this) from Chanel, Dolce etc. Madonna, always managed to introduce an element of kink (maybe that’s the word for Madonna by the way) to it, Kidman just makes it look utterly chic.
    Perhaps not for Kidman’s hall of fame but a good interesting / choice / styling

11. Amanda November 24, 2014 at 2:56 pm #

I love the shoes and like the dress, but I dislike the hair.

12. kare November 24, 2014 at 2:54 pm #

this dress is from prada’s recent resort collection : http://media.style.com/image/ts/fashion-shows/spring-2015-menswear/milan/prada/collection/1366/2048/_ON_0553.1366×2048.JPG

13. alvaro_spain November 24, 2014 at 2:45 pm #

Definitely not! !

14. dee November 24, 2014 at 2:30 pm #

I like the whimsiness of the dress and I like the shoes but I don’t think they go together. I think the shoes are too edgy for the dress. I think the hair is cute.

15. Pedro November 24, 2014 at 2:28 pm #

For a kids movie this is really good!

16. Christine November 24, 2014 at 2:25 pm #