Menu

March 4, 2014 Best Dressed

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2014 Oscars?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2014 Oscars

Credit: Getty

Models @ The Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2014

Models @ The Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2014

Oscars 2014 & Vanity Fair Party Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

Oscars 2014 & Vanity Fair Party Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

58 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2014 Oscars?

1. Marybeth March 5, 2014 at 2:34 am #

Camila Alves was definitely my favorite. The dress was dramatic enough to be Oscar worthy but the soft hue and simple styling kept the look subtle enough for a plus-one. I thought she looked gorgeous.

I like most of the looks on the poll here, though none really jumps out at me as a big WOW.

At the risk of being considered odd, I will confess that I voted for Sandra Bullock. No, it was not exciting, but I think the whole h2t package was stunning. There’s something to be said for classic, graceful simplicity.

2. Naomi March 4, 2014 at 9:39 pm #

Where is Charlize Theron on this list?!?!?! She was the best dressed!!

3. Britta March 4, 2014 at 9:19 pm #

I really miss two on your list: Camila Alves and Charlize Theron! They are my number two and three after Lupita Nyong’o!

4. EmmaWoodhouse March 4, 2014 at 8:24 pm #

My top 10 from the night:
    1. Cate Blanchett
    2. Amy Adams
    3. Camilla Alves
    4. Emma Watson
    5. Jenna Dewan-Tatum
    6. Chrissy Teigen
    7. Maria Menounos
    8. Angelina Jolie
    9. Penelope Cruz
    10. Calista Flockhart

• Marybeth March 5, 2014 at 2:37 am #

Ah, Maria Menounos.
      She was one of my favorites of the night too!

5. JC March 4, 2014 at 7:50 pm #

I don’t understand why Charlize Theron is not included in here? She’s my top pick

6. Marko_M March 4, 2014 at 7:24 pm #

Overall, I was a tad underwhelmed that there was no true fashion risk on the red carpet but some beuatiful looks did emerge. My best was Kate Hudson and she’s also a strong candidate for BDOTY because I found her entire look to be ***flawless. Also, I think that Lupita’s look is a bit exaggerated in the media because we have seen her do better at billion events she’s attended. Was lovely to see Penelope again in such a delicate and vintage-y look. I would replace Chrissy with Angelina who floored me (she is Angelina after all).

7. Annel March 4, 2014 at 6:31 pm #

Super disappointed by this year’s red carpet. Too safe and the colours were boring and frustratingly conservative – black, blue, white and blush. But I guess that’s the way it is: The higher the expectations – the more likely to be disappointed!

So I feel obliged to vote for Lupita. She was the only star who shone through – and what a star 🙂

8. Kathy March 4, 2014 at 5:47 pm #

I went with Queen Cate, with Charlize Theron (not included here, for some reason) as my runner-up. Figure skaters everywhere could learn a thing or two from the expertly-executed illusion straps on Charlize’s black gown. Lupita was disappointing IMO, especially considering it was the biggest award show of the season. She brought her A-game to the Golden Globes, the SAG awards…but on Oscar night she chose a frothy princess gown that could’ve been churned out by any designer under the sun. It lacks the pizzazz and personality we’ve come to expect from Lupita.

9. liz March 4, 2014 at 5:08 pm #

Amy for me. Loved the color and style. Lupita looked beautiful but I was so underwhelmed.

10. CreoleLady March 4, 2014 at 5:01 pm #

Lupita Nyong’o in Prada, Bette Midler in Reem Acra and Allison Williams in Emilia Wickstead were my top three.

I really enjoyed this Oscars red carpet. I think I was in a romantic frame of mind, so other faves were Pink and Blanchett for the silhouette and Camila Alves for the soft color (love that blush pink on brunettes). I’m glad for the after-parties, though, nice to see edge and spice there.

11. jokebetweenthetrees March 4, 2014 at 4:25 pm #

Boring Oscar red carpet. Very dissapointing. Almost no ballgowns and everyone has had a better outfit this season at another event.
    Lupita’s dress was not enough (think of Amy Adams last year, also a pale colour)and she is to flat for such a deep plunge.
    Angelina looked like a 55 year old (dress would have been great on helen mirren.
    Amy Adams was underwelming, but pretty.
    I have seen enough nude sparky dresses, altough Cate looked beautiful, it are the earrings that make it.
    Jennefer H. looked way to old for her age and she repeated the colour from 2 years ago (boy she looked great that year) and the neckles from last year, just like her falling 😉
    On the plus side: Kate H and Camilla looked great.

12. SilentVisitor March 4, 2014 at 3:48 pm #

Winners: Lupita, Amy and Pink
    Runners up: Cate and Kate
    Honorable mention: Jessica and Anne

13. Brittany March 4, 2014 at 2:35 pm #

Camila Alves !

she was the perfect, “wife of..”

14. Neli March 4, 2014 at 1:53 pm #

vote for Lupita but I miss Emma Watson and Angelina Jolie.

15. Denise March 4, 2014 at 12:59 pm #

I miss Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron and I would love to see them change places with Anne and Jessica… I chose the etheral Lupita with Hudson a very close second and Pink third.

16. naya March 4, 2014 at 12:45 pm #

first of all, where is angelina jolie? she was by far the best dressed!
    secondly, i feel extremely disappointed by this years’ choices. most of them were boring. and even when the actresses chose a nice gown, they destroyed it with the accessories(aka jessica biel)!!
    anyway, i gave it to chrissy teigen because not in a million years i would ever thought that such a sexy model would wear this stunning elegant ball gown and actually pull it of! maybe next year better outfits and an oscar to leo! good job though to all the team!

17. Venus March 4, 2014 at 11:49 am #

I think Camilla Alves was the best, why isn’t she on the list, so disappointed 😐

18. sophie March 4, 2014 at 11:08 am #

WOW—–WHERE is Camilla Alves????!!!??? hashtag:dissapointed.

19. Dean March 4, 2014 at 11:07 am #

I feel like Camila Alves should be up there instead of Anne. They all looked lovely! But I went with Lupita, beautiful!

20. CD March 4, 2014 at 10:27 am #

I was all about the black dresses. 1) charlize theron 2) julia roberts 3) margot robbie

21. Yeliz March 4, 2014 at 9:21 am #

1. Amy Adams
    2. Lupita Nyong’o
    3. Kate Hudson

22. Monia March 4, 2014 at 9:11 am #

Lupita. A breath of fresh air, a touch of spring, a feeling of light enchantment. Lupita wins it all. Full stop.

• SilentVisitor March 4, 2014 at 4:16 pm #

+1. Love your description

23. Faellie March 4, 2014 at 8:47 am #

Congratulations on your Oscars coverage. Your best ever!

If you all can summon up the energy, I’d love to see a “Best Dressed at the after-parties” poll. For me, the after-parties had a bigger variety of outfits, with some lovely surprises and great charm.

24. Sanya March 4, 2014 at 8:02 am #

1. Cate Blanchett
    2. Sandra Bullock
    3. Angelina Jolie
    4. Amy Adams

25. Denise March 4, 2014 at 6:38 am #

I don’t think Pelelope, Anne or Jessica should be on this poll. Charlize was one of my favourites. Angelina and surpisingly Lady Gaga ! My No 1 is Kate Hudson followed by the etheral Lupita and Pink!
    Thank you FC for all the amazing coverage !

26. Markness March 4, 2014 at 6:28 am #

This event was full of gorgeous gown. Where’s Charlize? I must say I thought Lupita would sweep this but Kate is in close second. I chose Lupita as she looked gorgeous in that color and just glided away and to cap it off, that amazing speech. She has really touched my heart.

No matter where you’re from, your dreams are valid. 🙂

27. Merrie March 4, 2014 at 5:37 am #

Seriously, no Camilla Alves? She was stunning!

28. cherrysoftness March 4, 2014 at 5:32 am #

Can I just say a huge THANK YOU, it was another wonderful Oscars journey with you. I think you outdid yourself this time, the parade of gowns never seemed to end.

It’s good to finally see the best dressed poll. I hope this means a long bout of rest for you and your team – your coverage has been incredible, and I’m sure, exhausting! Going here hour after hour and seeing gown after gown was amazing, definitely something I looked forward to more than the awards itself. I never had to visit any other sites. Thank you so much, hats off to you!

29. moonbeam March 4, 2014 at 5:22 am #

CHARLIZE THERON should be on this list! But Lupita looks lovely.

30. Nat39 March 4, 2014 at 4:55 am #

Lupita. Not exactly what I was hoping for (would’ve liked to have seen a more imaginative design, it’s very generic) but undeniably heavenly in the beautiful unexpected pale blue. It’s actually nice that she went for the romantic princess moment at the end. Kate Hudson – 2nd.

Loved Amy but feel like she could’ve done a bit more for the Oscars, we’ve just had an understated sleek navy gown moment recently (Uma Thurman at BAFTAs) and I thought Cate’s look was meh, bland and forgettable, it completely washed her out.

31. Damian March 4, 2014 at 4:47 am #

No Gaga? I can’t stand here, but she rocked the red carpet…

• glenn March 4, 2014 at 4:48 pm #

lol she was a mess!

32. Alina March 4, 2014 at 4:41 am #

This was a great event with many actresses who dressed really well. Lupita Nyong’o, Kate Hudson, Sandra Bullock, Amy Adams, Cate Blanchett are my favourites at this event, but I have to vote for Lupita as I am sure that in the future, when I’ll think about the 2014 Oscars, Lupita’s look will be the first that will pop up in my mind.

33. Moxie March 4, 2014 at 3:59 am #

1 – Lupita
    2 – Kate Hudson
    3 – Amy Adams
    4 – Cate Blanchett
    5 – Charlize Theron

34. Anj March 4, 2014 at 3:17 am #

I’m super surprised Camila Alves isn’t on this list. That woman looked phenomenal only second to Pink.

• TLE March 4, 2014 at 3:59 am #

Seconded! She looked AMAZING

• Merrie March 4, 2014 at 5:37 am #

YES! She looked phenomenal

• Charlotte March 4, 2014 at 8:27 am #

I can’t believe it either ! She was stunning, the best dressed by far.

• karola March 4, 2014 at 12:56 pm #

Camila Alves my absolute number one and definitely best dressed!
      I’m absolutely disappointed I can’t vote for her!

• dee March 4, 2014 at 1:43 pm #

I agree, she was my best dressed.

• koma March 5, 2014 at 4:21 pm #

She looked sensational!

35. Anne Gallagher March 4, 2014 at 2:27 am #

It was Lupita’s party! I can overlook that headband because everything else was perfect!

36. Isabella March 4, 2014 at 2:17 am #

I really like Glenn Close’s outfit. Here, I prefer Lupita’s Prada

37. Mimi March 4, 2014 at 2:09 am #

My top three picks for the night were Kate Hudson, Cate Blanchett and Camila Alves. I voted twice here once for Kate and then again for Cate 😛

38. Christy March 4, 2014 at 2:08 am #

I’m torn between Cate, Kate, and Lupita.

39. Suz March 4, 2014 at 2:05 am #

Had to vote for my second place choice, because my first place, Olivia Wilde, wasn’t on the list. For me, from dress to hair & makeup to accessories, Olivia was perfection.

• Godiva March 4, 2014 at 2:20 am #

You are right. Olivia Wilde has amazing style, even more so as a pregnant woman. People talk about Kerry Washington’s pregnancy style, but I think Olivia’s style is so much better than Kerry’s.

• CreoleLady March 4, 2014 at 5:14 pm #

I loved Olivia Wilde’s look too, stunning.

40. Marian March 4, 2014 at 2:01 am #

Lupita. P!nk. So hard to choose.

2nd favorites go to Sandra and Kate Hudson.

41. Mimi March 4, 2014 at 1:59 am #

My top three were Kate Hudson, Cate Blanchett and Camila Alves, I voted twice here once for Cate and then again for Kate 😛

42. Victoria March 4, 2014 at 1:55 am #

Pink is pure perfection – Also I adore Cate Blanchett at the Oscars.

43. Alex March 4, 2014 at 1:55 am #

Cate the great!

44. mm March 4, 2014 at 1:51 am #

i voted for cate blanchette,she was perfection. Loved her hair and makeup. 2nd choice was kate hudson. I couldnt get pass lupita’s headband, it is just to juvenile for me.

• mm March 4, 2014 at 1:52 am #

overall jada smith was my favorite!!!

45. Prudence March 4, 2014 at 1:45 am #

not sure why Anne and Jessica are on here cause they looked mad boring. Gave it to Kate, she slayed, best of the night and my first bdoty contender.

46. Vicky March 4, 2014 at 1:32 am #

I’m a little underwhelmed by the choices, but I gave it to Kate Hudson. She looked beautiful and the dress looked beautiful. I hope the nominees spice it up a little bit next year. No more nude, sparkley gowns.