Menu

December 23, 2012 Best Of

Model of the Year 2012 – Karolina Kurkova

Whether you’re coco for Rocha, crazy for Karlie or nuts about Natasha (Poly), there was only one model who deserved Model of the Year: Karolina Kurkova.

The Czech model who started, and owned, the menswear trend can wear a printed Roberto Cavalli masculine suit or a sexy Elie Saab gown with equal aplomb.

What’s her secret? A great stylist, good genes, a good sense of style?

Who knows, but whatever it is, it just works…every time.

She’s in her element during film festivals, but she can work the Met Gala steps and award ceremonies with the same grace that leaves other supers green with envy.

We all love Miranda Kerr, but her red carpet style just never measures up to her street style, Karolina, thankfully, doesn’t have that problem.

Credit: Getty

Fashionista Of The Year 2012 - Solange Knowles

Fashionista Of The Year 2012 – Solange Knowles

Best Dressed Of The Year Readers’ Choice 2012

Best Dressed Of The Year Readers’ Choice 2012

17 Responses to Model of the Year 2012 – Karolina Kurkova

1. EmmaWoodhouse December 25, 2012 at 2:27 pm #

I totally get why she won this award–she was out and about a lot, wore many different designers, and won BDOTW a few times, but other than her Rachel Zoe look at the Met nothing stands out for me personally. It’s just a taste difference.

2. Amy December 24, 2012 at 7:49 pm #

YAY. I’m so GLAD she’s got a mention. Personally she was my breakout red carpet star this year.For me she embodies everything you’ll expect a model to be on the red carpet: elegant but still fashionable, KK does that better than anyone.
    That MET ball gown and both Cavalli looks are major.

3. Elaine2 December 24, 2012 at 3:02 pm #

I actually prefer Karlie Kloss.

4. Joy December 24, 2012 at 6:53 am #

Yay!! She’s my girl! AND…she’s an oldie but a goodie. So she gets extra points for still looking so smashing every time we see her. She’s the only model that every time I see her I’m green with envy because she is just so fierce.

5. Fer December 24, 2012 at 6:38 am #

We all love Miranda Kerr, but her red carpet style just never measures up to her red carpet style, Karolina, thankfully, doesn’t have that problem.

I think it’s street style! or not:( i’m confused.

I love you fc you make life happy and full of joy by making possible for me to see all this gorgeous dresses, tips, and i am just out of words to thank you for your dedication. i wish you nothing but the best. And i just hope that you just have all the joy you give to me, given to you. Thank you

6. Fiona December 24, 2012 at 5:59 am #

FC, I think you made a typo when you said, “We all love Miranda Kerr, but her red carpet style just never measures up to her red carpet style” I think you meant street style never measures up to red carpet style?

7. TeaAtTwo December 24, 2012 at 2:58 am #

Miranda wardrobe for the street+ Karolina’s outfits for the red carpet = pretty much perfection.
    Karolina seems to attend more red carpet events especially gown wearing events than Miranda who looking back only had one or two mediocre Red carpet looks. I love that Karolina gives full commitment and works every outfit like a total pro.

8. Jess2 December 24, 2012 at 2:11 am #

Loved Karolina this year, especially her above gold gown and suit and her amazing Rachel Zoe ensemble from the Met Gala!

• Alina December 24, 2012 at 1:50 pm #

9. Nat39 December 24, 2012 at 1:21 am #

Amen. Karolina all the way (!!)

10. Yeliz December 23, 2012 at 11:57 pm #

There were a couple of looks which I didn’t really like, but overall, it was a great year for Karolina. Especially that Cavalli suit and (I didn’t love it, but everyone else did) that Rachel Zoe gown at the Met Gala.

11. milex December 23, 2012 at 11:53 pm #

I wonder how much of her style is in hands of Rachel Zoe 🙂

12. Christine December 23, 2012 at 11:49 pm #

Yess!!! She killed and owned every RC she steps on.

I can’t for her RC looks in 2013 😀

• Christine December 23, 2012 at 11:50 pm #

Also, that Roberto Cavalli suit above is one for the books.

• kiwi December 24, 2012 at 8:30 am #

13. noo December 23, 2012 at 11:45 pm #

I agree with this choice, but if Doutzen Kroes had gone out more I would have preferred her 😀

• Kelsey December 29, 2012 at 11:19 pm #