Menu

July 23, 2012

Nikki Reed In Contrarian New York – 2012 Teen Choice Awards

Nikki Reed took to the pink carpet at the 2012 Teen Choice Awards on Sunday in Universal City, California.

She kept it simple by wearing a Contrarian New York look which featured a navy satin v-neck corset with a gathered black silk skirt.

Whilst I’m not at all excited about the top and skirt, I loved her accessories: a silver glitter Jimmy Choo ‘Candy’ clutch and gold Brian Atwood ‘Karin’ platform peep-toe sandals attempted to liven up the look.

Ista, Sorelina and Bing Bang jewels, a Dana Rebecca Designs ‘Carly Michelle’ ring plus a bouffant ponytail provided the finishing touches to her sweet-yet-boring look for her Teen Choice Awards.

I wish she’d had more fun with the look. A more vibrant colour combination would’ve been preferred.

You can buy Nikki’s Jimmy Choo ‘Candy’ clutch from Net-A-Porter.com, Luisa via Roma and Saks.com.

Credit: Getty

Hayden Panettiere In Zuhair Murad - 2012 Teen Choice Awards

Hayden Panettiere In Zuhair Murad – 2012 Teen Choice Awards

Cate Blanchett In Givenchy - ‘Uncle Vanya’ New York Photocall

Cate Blanchett In Givenchy – ‘Uncle Vanya’ New York Photocall

22 Responses to Nikki Reed In Contrarian New York – 2012 Teen Choice Awards

1. Guest May 24, 2019 at 11:56 pm #

I really love this look. I usualyl get bored with these dull colours, but I don’t mind them here (although I agree that she could have worn a more interesting colour combo), also the lightness & freshness of the accessories really hep to keep the look both summery and youthful. Her hair & makeup is gorgeous, too. I love that she still manages to look so effortless and young, yet elegant & sophisticated.

2. Guest May 24, 2019 at 11:56 pm #

+1! Her styling is amazing, but the top and skirt aren’t doing her any favours.

3. Guest May 24, 2019 at 11:56 pm #

4. Guest May 24, 2019 at 11:56 pm #

As much as I’ve loved Nikki’s style of late since she got a full-time stylist, this look doesn’t cut it for me only because of the top and skirt. Everything else is perfect.

5. Guest May 24, 2019 at 11:56 pm #

She looks crazy thin here. Not liking the top or the skirt or the shoes. Not a fan of the overall look.

6. Guest May 24, 2019 at 11:56 pm #

Shoes are too chunky for that dress, her hair is too mature.She is only 24 but she is making herself look way older.And I agree Christine, she looks super thin.

7. Guest May 24, 2019 at 11:56 pm #

The dress isn’t anything to write home about, but I love her accessories. Those earrings are gorgeous.

8. Guest May 24, 2019 at 11:56 pm #

She’s lost a crazy amount of weight here :/ idk, i dont particularly liike anything about her look.

9. Guest May 24, 2019 at 11:56 pm #

Love the clutch and like the shoes but I don’t love the top and skirt. I don’t find them pretty and I don’t think it is flattering on Nikki either which is a shame.

10. Guest May 24, 2019 at 11:56 pm #

Would’ve been good except for those clunky shoes. She should’ve gone for more delicate silver sandals.

11. Guest May 24, 2019 at 11:56 pm #

Wow, she looks skeletal. How can these stars drop so much weight so fast? It’s a bit scary. The dress is nice, but she doesn’t fill it up :/

12. Hannah July 23, 2012 at 8:53 pm #

13. Regina July 23, 2012 at 8:43 pm #

14. Anj July 23, 2012 at 5:01 pm #

15. Jess2 July 23, 2012 at 4:30 pm #

16. Amy July 23, 2012 at 3:52 pm #

17. Emmeline July 23, 2012 at 3:15 pm #

18. Jen H-K July 23, 2012 at 3:09 pm #

19. Christine July 23, 2012 at 2:55 pm #

20. Odette July 23, 2012 at 2:51 pm #

• Yeliz July 23, 2012 at 10:45 pm #

+1! Her styling is amazing, but the top and skirt aren’t doing her any favours.

• Alina July 24, 2012 at 5:43 am #