Menu

Nicole Kidman dazzled on the red carpet this evening for the ‘Hemingway and Gellhorn’ Cannes Film Festival premiere.

The Australian actress looked stunning wearing a 30s-inspired Ralph Lauren Fall 2012 gown.

Her black chiffon beaded dress was styled with cute curly updo with diamond encrusted brooches.

In recently times, I don’t think she’s looked more radiant than she did tonight. I am in awe of how beautiful she looks. This is much more like it for me.

Which look do you prefer the Lanvin or the Ralph Lauren?

I think you know my answer: Ralph Lauren by a very long mile.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Julianna Margulies In Reed Krakoff - 'Cosmopolis' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Julianna Margulies In Reed Krakoff – ‘Cosmopolis’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 10 Of Cannes Film Festival?

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 10 Of Cannes Film Festival?

64 Responses to Nicole Kidman In Ralph Lauren – ‘Hemingway & Gellhorn’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Guest April 20, 2019 at 11:10 am #

She looks amazing, all her Cannes outfits have been spot on so far. So glad to see Nicole back to her fabulous best and she’s glowing!

2. Guest April 20, 2019 at 11:10 am #

every thing here is sheer perfection!WOW!

3. Guest April 20, 2019 at 11:10 am #

I dont like the hair, it is too cutesy for the dress. I feel like it was a hairstyle that went wrong or not creative enough. she had the pins in earlier in the day.
    A slick updo would’ve worked better.

4. Guest April 20, 2019 at 11:10 am #

i just screamed “YES!” when i saw this post. she looks amazing

5. Guest April 20, 2019 at 11:10 am #

DIVINE!!Hard to say it, but it is better the Lavin.
    She has just reached the top!
    Does anyone here remember her fab look in 2004, for the Dogville premiere, with that red stunning Cavalli dress?! I thought it was her greatest…but today, I have to say..here it is her greatest look ever!
    For me she wins the best dressed award of Cannes 20qw!

6. Guest April 20, 2019 at 11:10 am #

Love both the Lanvin and the Ralph Lauren.

Lanvin gown – for the edgy chain detail on the back. So dramatic and sexy, yet not completely revealing.

Ralph Lauren gown – beaded work in this gown is just amazing.

And may I add, Nicole really chooses strange, non-
    commercial films. Her film choices says a lot about her.

7. Guest April 20, 2019 at 11:10 am #

Love the gown. Hate the hair. Delighted she has finally laid off on the lips.

8. Guest April 20, 2019 at 11:10 am #

I think she looks fantastic in both Lanvin and Ralph Lauren, but I think I prefer the Lanvin look. Anyway, it’s great to see her look that amazing – after a long time of wearing rather boring L’Wren Scott dresses, she is finally opting for interesting and different looks, now, which is great!

9. Guest April 20, 2019 at 11:10 am #

Gorgeous! Most beautiful looks on cannes this year!!!!!

10. Guest April 20, 2019 at 11:10 am #

I love this gown, and I for one also love the hair. It gives it a total 30s vibe that I’m really feeling. Personally, I’d give this an 8/10 and the Lanvin a 10/10. While I LOVE this look, I feel like it’s something we’ve seen from Nicole before, while the Lanvin was really fresh, and the color was just so unique.

11. Guest April 20, 2019 at 11:10 am #

I thought the Lanvin from last night was divine and I love this just as much if not more. It’s a perfect dress for a night time premiere; the lights and cameras make it truly sparkle. And the hair complements the 20s vibe of the dress perfectly.

She really brought her A game to Cannes. Best dressed star there this year imo.

12. Guest April 20, 2019 at 11:10 am #

Ralph Lauren all the way! Gosh! Does she ever age? lol
    Amazing

13. Guest April 20, 2019 at 11:10 am #

agreed

14. Guest April 20, 2019 at 11:10 am #

Unless Diane can top that on Sunday, I think we have our winner for the festival – Superb fashion run by Nicole throughout the festival with a magestic ending – Flawless of course and most importantly with the right dose of sparkle – Lovely – BDOTY owrthy for me

15. Guest April 20, 2019 at 11:10 am #

Me too.

16. Guest April 20, 2019 at 11:10 am #

The Lanvin for me.

17. Guest April 20, 2019 at 11:10 am #

I agree about the gown loosing something. I think its a combination of the length and the small details like her hair that keep this from being perfect. She still looks beautiful, but I prefer the Lanvin.

18. Guest April 20, 2019 at 11:10 am #

I think Nicole is to tall for this gown it looses something that it has on the runway that Nicole just isn’t giving me. I would have rather her worn Chanel or Elie Saab than this. Her Lanvin wins for me by a long run

19. Guest April 20, 2019 at 11:10 am #

What a coup for Ralph Lauren. Totally did not expect his design would be her pick. The dress silhouettes are a tie for me; she looks equally stunning in both. Going with the Lanvin because I prefer the hair and and the beautiful pomegranate color.

20. Guest April 20, 2019 at 11:10 am #

The hair is a bit too wild for me. I love the intricate beading and ’30s vibe of the gown, but the plunging halter is not my style. Aside from that, it’s a very good look for Nicole, but this is far from a BDOTY moment for me.

21. Guest April 20, 2019 at 11:10 am #

I love the Lanvin but I love this even more.
    WOW. Just WOW.

22. Guest April 20, 2019 at 11:10 am #

Hate the pattern running down the thighs….looks like walrus teeth to me haha! Don’t understand the hype over this dress…just a typical slinky sparkly dress. Not even close to BDOTW for me!

23. chyc May 28, 2012 at 2:01 am #

I prefer the lanvin look because I don’t like this hair.

24. Tiger Nueng May 27, 2012 at 1:33 pm #

For the hair,this is cand do just only gorgeous woman like Nicole!

And I really love the dress so totally AMAZING!!!

25. Samantha May 27, 2012 at 3:03 am #

26. eng-narak May 26, 2012 at 10:10 pm #

Gorgeous! Most beautiful looks on cannes this year!!!!!

27. Parvati May 26, 2012 at 9:22 pm #

28. Divadebbi May 26, 2012 at 3:15 pm #

Love the gown. Hate the hair. Delighted she has finally laid off on the lips.

29. Kair May 26, 2012 at 9:21 am #

Love both the Lanvin and the Ralph Lauren.

Ralph Lauren gown – beaded work in this gown is just amazing.

And may I add, Nicole really chooses strange, non-
    commercial films. Her film choices says a lot about her.

30. Paul May 26, 2012 at 9:19 am #

DIVINE!!Hard to say it, but it is better the Lavin.
    She has just reached the top!
    For me she wins the best dressed award of Cannes 20qw!

31. bee7 May 26, 2012 at 6:35 am #

i just screamed “YES!” when i saw this post. she looks amazing

32. mm May 26, 2012 at 6:10 am #

A slick updo would’ve worked better.

33. Ayesha May 26, 2012 at 5:21 am #

every thing here is sheer perfection!WOW!

34. AmyP May 26, 2012 at 4:48 am #

35. Jeremy May 26, 2012 at 4:18 am #

Love the idea that she’s channeling her character from the movie “Hemingway and Gellhorn”

36. Carolyn May 26, 2012 at 3:29 am #

She looks absolutely stunning in this dress! And I prefer this one to the Lanvin that she wore last night! However, she really stepped her game up at Cannes…not one misstep.

37. Paulo May 26, 2012 at 1:07 am #

Gorgeous! She could potentially get nominations for her tv and film work this year! I can’t wait for us to spoil us with her style next awards season!

38. Dirk May 26, 2012 at 12:53 am #

Nicole always has my vote in a poll no matter what (i’m heavily biased in her favor), but she does look great. Different hairdo, smile, interesting dress. Go Nicole. I hope she sticks with the red hair for a long time.

39. Sea May 26, 2012 at 12:19 am #

The fashion darling Nicole btwn 2000-2006/7 is finally back! Her new hair color is so amazing. LOVE it!

40. Kelsey May 25, 2012 at 11:32 pm #

PIGS ARE FLYING Nicole FINALLY got a stylist that was worth something!! I can’t believe it. She looks fab and has all this week. Let us hope this continues.

• Alina May 26, 2012 at 7:25 am #

41. Jones19 May 25, 2012 at 11:24 pm #

Wow I haven’t seen her look this good in eons! Gorgeous!

42. Bec May 25, 2012 at 11:23 pm #

43. Marybeth May 25, 2012 at 11:15 pm #

I love the Lanvin but I love this even more.
    WOW. Just WOW.

• Fashion Critic May 25, 2012 at 10:56 pm #

agreed

49. Zineb May 25, 2012 at 10:47 pm #

Ralph Lauren all the way! Gosh! Does she ever age? lol
    Amazing

50. vcb May 25, 2012 at 10:45 pm #

She really brought her A game to Cannes. Best dressed star there this year imo.