Menu

March 13, 2012 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Elizabeth Banks In Atelier Versace – ‘The Hunger Games’ Premiere

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Elizabeth Banks gave us our second look at the Atelier Versace Spring 2012 collection at the ‘Hunger Games’ LA premiere yesterday evening.

The actress is usually top of the list for any new Versace collection, so this comes as no surprise to me.

She looked spectacular wearing a bright orange structured one-shoulder mini dress with a cut-out detail and gold accents.

The Jimmy Choo ‘Biel’ wedges are anonymous, but at least they don’t upstage the dress.

Although I do love her half-up, half-down hairstyle, I preferred the high sleek ponytails sported by the model for added sexy appeal.

Gold jewels and fresh neutral makeup completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jennifer Lawrence In Prabal Gurung - 'The Hunger Games' LA Premiere

Jennifer Lawrence In Prabal Gurung – ‘The Hunger Games’ LA Premiere

Leslie Mann In Monique Lhuillier - 'The Hunger Games' LA Premiere

Leslie Mann In Monique Lhuillier – ‘The Hunger Games’ LA Premiere

47 Responses to Elizabeth Banks In Atelier Versace – ‘The Hunger Games’ Premiere

1. Guest May 17, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

I love the dress, and overall she looks good, but I don’t like the wedges and the hair looks like it has way too much hairspray.
    That beign said, I love the bright colour, apparently this is a colour with some kind of significance in the film (I have no idea), it is perfect for her colouring.
    Like Ginnifer Goodwin I always underestimate her but she is never safe on the red carpet.

2. Guest May 17, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

Love it all and the shoes. She looks perfect for the event.

3. Guest May 17, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

can someone pls let me know why stars insist on wearing heels that are clearly too big? sometimes it looks up to a full size to full size and a half too big on the red carpet!

CC

4. Guest May 17, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

For me BDOTW.

5. Guest May 17, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

I love it when a a spectacular dress is worn ASAP. Elizabeth looks absolutely stunning in it! BDOTW!

6. Guest May 17, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

Not feeling it.

7. Guest May 17, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

She is a bit old for this ensenble, it would look incredible in someone like Blake Lively.

8. Guest May 17, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

I love the color of the dress, but everything else including the dress itself… I don’t know, it just doesn’t work. Better shoes would have helped, but I’m not sure because I don’t like the dress on the model either – though I like her hair better.

9. Guest May 17, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

I have to say that I’ve been disappointed both times I’ve seen looks from this collection hit the red carpet. And it’s really sad to me because I absolutely love the pieces but both Heidi and Elizabeth just didn’t bring them to life. I’d love to see someone like Nina Dobrev or Zoe Saldana stun in this amazing collection and show off the dresses with sophisticated styling and grace.

10. Guest May 17, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

The back isnt as flattering as the front but I like the colour on her and I like the hairstyle choice

11. Guest May 17, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

Hmm, maybe it’s a pose but dress seems to squish her back and wedges are a size top big. I think color washes her out. Not a fan all in all

12. Guest May 17, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

13. Guest May 17, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

Love the color. Wonder what that detail is in back. Dislike the styling intensely (helmet hair? Wedges?!). She looks good but it’s a bit of a shame because the potential here is to look spectacular.

14. Guest May 17, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

I was thinking the EXACT same things…what is up with the back? Seriously, what is going on with the back? Shoes look too big and horrible hair from the back, very much helmet head. From straight on the orange dress is fierce though.

15. Guest May 17, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

16. Guest May 17, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

Gorgeous dress but could be styled better.

17. Guest May 17, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

+1! It also looks a bit boxy in the skirt area. Elizabeth looks nice and she pulls off the tangerine orange nicely, but it’s not blowing me away.

18. Guest May 17, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

I find the dress very confused: metal buckle, check. Cut out, check. one shoulder, check. Sequins, check. metal detail, check. Floral embellishment, check. Bustle detail, check.

Enough already.

19. Guest May 17, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

Enough already.

20. Guest May 17, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

21. Guest May 17, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

FABULOUS!

22. Guest May 17, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

Shoes and hair aren’t working.

23. Guest May 17, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

The styling is horrible imo.

24. Guest May 17, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

Love the dress, loath the shoes – and they don’t even fit! Wish she had worn the shoes the model has on.

Can’t wait to see what she wears during the promotional tour; I have a feeling it will be anything BUT boring.

25. Bailey November 11, 2014 at 1:35 am #

26. Stephanie March 14, 2012 at 5:15 pm #

27. Raquel March 14, 2012 at 5:00 am #

28. Carolina Roq March 14, 2012 at 2:22 am #

29. tiffany nicole March 13, 2012 at 11:08 pm #

Not feeling it.

30. Ariel March 13, 2012 at 9:18 pm #

31. Dorian Gray March 13, 2012 at 8:26 pm #

For me BDOTW.

32. Candice March 13, 2012 at 8:12 pm #

CC

33. jane March 13, 2012 at 7:28 pm #

Love it all and the shoes. She looks perfect for the event.

34. Hannah March 13, 2012 at 5:06 pm #

35. Colleen March 13, 2012 at 2:22 pm #

36. asherlev1 March 13, 2012 at 12:48 pm #

The styling is horrible imo.

37. dee March 13, 2012 at 12:29 pm #

Shoes and hair aren’t working.

38. roxana March 13, 2012 at 11:52 am #

FABULOUS!

• Alina March 13, 2012 at 3:22 pm #

39. Betty Brandenburg March 13, 2012 at 11:19 am #

Enough already.

• EmmaWoodhouse March 16, 2012 at 2:55 pm #

40. Jones19 March 13, 2012 at 10:41 am #

Gorgeous dress but could be styled better.

41. Joy March 13, 2012 at 10:30 am #