Lily Aldridge In Marc Jacobs – Save Venice Enchanted Garden Ball

Lily Aldridge In Marc Jacobs - Save Venice Enchanted Garden Ball

Lily Aldridge attended the Save Venice Enchanted Garden Ball held at The Pierre Hotel on Friday (April 4) in New York City.

The model wore a Marc Jacobs Spring 2014 plum embroidered lace gown featuring striped full-length sleeves, sequin embroidery throughout, and an elongated keyhole at the back.

Lining this dress may have been most people’s first point of call, however, Lily wore the dress with plum bandeau and matching panties.

As you know I’m not a fan of revealing underwear, but it I have to say that I love this look from head-to-toe, especially when styled with a charming floral garland and a Rona Pfeiffer gold shield diamond ring.

You may remember that Lily Donaldson wore the similar gown in red to the British Fashion Awards last year.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

11 Comments
Sarah Jessica Parker In Diane von Furstenberg - 2014 DVF Awards

Sarah Jessica Parker In Diane von Furstenberg – 2014 DVF Awards

Coco Rocha In Rachel Zoe - Lucky FABB: Fashion and Beauty Blog Conference

Coco Rocha In Rachel Zoe – Lucky FABB: Fashion and Beauty Blog Conference

11 Responses to Lily Aldridge In Marc Jacobs – Save Venice Enchanted Garden Ball

1. Christine April 6, 2014 at 19:56 #

I can’t believe how much I like this. She made it work. Love the hair accessory too

2. Nat39 April 6, 2014 at 20:44 #

Nope, needed to be lined. All I can see is underwear. On Donaldson it was much subtler – you could barely see the panties only. The floral garland is charming on her with this look, it gets a pass since it’s event-appropriate.

3. Marcel April 6, 2014 at 22:48 #

I am surprised on how much I like it. Sheerness made with elegance. It doesnt look tacky(for once).

4. Marcel April 6, 2014 at 22:48 #

5. Dhppy April 7, 2014 at 00:52 #

I agree with some of the above comments, the tackiness had been avoided somehow. It looks lovely.

6. Marybeth April 7, 2014 at 01:37 #

I love the dress on the model but hate what Lily has done with it. The underwear is horribly distracting.
    Honestly, I think I would have liked it better if she had gone without underwear altogether.

7. dee April 7, 2014 at 03:47 #

Seeing underwear is tacky.

8. Yeliz April 7, 2014 at 09:30 #

It would’ve been such a great look, if we wouldn’t be seeing her underwear.

9. kane April 7, 2014 at 11:01 #

Try hard.

10. Joy April 7, 2014 at 11:32 #

This is a tough call, I love every thing about the look, especially the depth of the lace. But, I’m very distracted by her undies, so I really don’t want to see them. The conundrum is, I don’t like the dress on the model lined…so go figure! I really am in love with the styling and the heaviness of the lace.

11. Cuteboy April 7, 2014 at 14:15 #

I really, really love this look on her – I think the underwear could have been a tad darker, but a lining would have ruined the lace effect and a nude undergarment would have looked tacky. Love the hair and accesories aswell.