Julia Roberts In Givenchy Couture – Oscars 2014

JuliaRobertsInGivenchyOscars2014

Julia Roberts looked radiant during her red carpet walk on Sunday (March 2) at the 2014 Oscars, hosted at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood.

Nominated for her work in ‘August: Osage County’, Julia chose a custom Givenchy couture gown for the big occasion.

As Hollywood royalty she always looks beautiful and classic, and this black lace column gown is one of her best sartorial choices to date. The deep neckline with peekaboo lace paneling and peplum detail made the gown sophisticated, sexy, and romantic all at once.

The actress often lets her gown speak for itself, as she did on the red carpet here, punctuating the intricate lace design with only a few sparkly jewels from Bulgari.

Julia, you hit the red carpet jackpot once again.

Credit: Getty

21 thoughts on “Julia Roberts In Givenchy Couture – Oscars 2014

1. Jess2

Possibly one of her best ever! I think she looks amazing, so glad she came through for the Oscars!

1. Alicat

She does look radiant, and the peplum detail gives a nice silhouette. I am confused about the lack of lace detailing on her left shoulder. Has it remained tucked in by mistake? Like this it looks a little unbalanced.

1. Caro Chanel

Interesting question. I think it looks a little ripped on her right shoulder which is really a pity because I like the overall look very much.

2. Nat39

How I wish she had worn something more chic and cool, like that double-breasted white Zuhair Murad gown with gold accents, suggested for her. This is just mature and boring.

3. Lila

For Julia, this is phenomenal. It’s just basic for most stars though. Her hair looks awful blonde.

4. kane

She is glowingly gorgeous, but I guess she’s getting close to mother of the bride now. That’s what the dress says for me.

5. Joy

Stunning, elegant, and perfection. Definitely Julia at her best. Elegance is just oozing from this look.

6. from-chitown

I think she looks great. She has been struggling the whole awards season, and she scored last night. She looked very elegant and also happy. It looked as if she loved what she was wearing.

7. the ogre

I mean can Julia Roberts ever look anything other than gorgeous? Even though she fared much better than her recent outings on the red carpet, I’m not too enamoured by her choice. That is because I’m not really impressed by the lace detailing all over. It looks a tad unfinished to me. But still, that smile just makes your heart melt.

8. gabis

I hated this dress from the very moment I put my eyes on. It’s aging, old and dated. I only like her hair and makeup.