Sophie Nelisse In J. Mendel – 2014 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

Sophie Nelisse In J. Mendel - 2014 Critics' Choice Movie Awards

Sophie Nelisse attended the 19th Annual Critics’ Choice Movie Awards held at Barker Hangar on Thursday (January 16) in Santa Monica, California, nominated in the Best Young Actor/Actress category for ‘The Book Thief.’

The 13-year-old Canadian actress wore a J. Mendel Resort 2014 strapless printed organza party dress featuring a bustier-style bodice with contrast sheer pink chiffon at the neckline and black contrast sheer chiffon panels at the hem.

I’m not really a fan of the black hemline; you may remember that Maria Sharapova wore a similar dress from this collection with the same hemline. It’s in total contrast to the breeziness of the rest of her look.

Her waist was accented with crystal embellishment which complemented her silver pumps.

Wavy tresses and a pretty pink lip colour rounded out her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Margot Robbie In Elie Saab - 2014 Critics' Choice Movie Awards

Margot Robbie In Elie Saab – 2014 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

Kristen Bell In Pamella Roland - 2014 Critics' Choice Movie Awards

Kristen Bell In Pamella Roland – 2014 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

9 Responses to Sophie Nelisse In J. Mendel – 2014 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

1. Valerie January 17, 2014 at 01:10 #

So glad to see Sophie Nélisse on the red carpet! I’m very proud to see this little girl from my home province having her big break in hollywood right now. And she look adorable! Go Québec!

2. Serenity January 17, 2014 at 01:14 #

I, for one, love everything about this look, including the black, sheer hemline. (But I was a huge fan of Maria’s dress too.) Anyway, I think this is totally age and event appropriate, it fits her well, the length is perfect–they obviously cut part of that sheer hem off to accommodate her. I have never seen this young lady on the red carpet before, but I think this is a good introduction.

• Fanny January 17, 2014 at 13:28 #

+ 1

3. Christine January 17, 2014 at 01:19 #

It works on her

4. Nat39 January 17, 2014 at 01:24 #

The black hemline is baffling, I agree. Light pink to match the detailing at the neckline would’ve looked sweet, fresh and in harmony with the rest of the look. She looks adorable anyway, the dress fits her perfectly, lovely shape on her, her silver pumps complement the dress well, and her hair and makeup are sweet and youthful.

5. Alina January 17, 2014 at 05:10 #

I like it – black portion included.

• Yeliz January 17, 2014 at 08:53 #

Ditto.

6. kane January 17, 2014 at 08:56 #

I don’t mind the hemline, never have, but am missing the slightly more badass sandals in the look book dearly.

7. Carrie January 17, 2014 at 14:43 #

Perfectly done for a 13 year old! Beautiful. I love all these stylish teens we are seeing lately.