Lupita Nyong'o In Elie Saab Couture - 2014 Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala

Having championed Lupita Nyong’o from the very beginning, I was delighted to see the actress keep the good work going from 2013 by kick starting 2014 in fine fashion for the 25th Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala held at the Palm Springs Convention Center on Sunday (January 4) in Palm Springs, California.

She wore none other than Elie Saab Couture, donning a stunning coral sleeveless dress with gold brocade embellishments from the Fall 2012 collection, opting for a matchy-matchy look with Christian Louboutin ‘Gwynitta’ sandals, a belt and a grand 3/4 sleeve coat from the same collection.

While the coat does give this look a regal air of sophistication, I do prefer Lupita’s look without it, as more of her silky smooth complexion is seen against this breath-taking gold and coral combo.

Cartier jewels and a chocolate lip colour completed her look.

Is she still your one to watch for awards season?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

19 thoughts on “Lupita Nyong’o In Elie Saab Couture – 2014 Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala

1. Alina

I was hoping for more Elie Saab for her and here she goes, impressing me in this stunning ensemble. Love it!

I just have a feeling that between her, Cate Blanchett, Sandra Bullock and Amy Adams, we’re in for a treat during awards season.

2. Juliana

This is so classy! I loved the outfit, it’s amazing, so sophiscated! I also can see this in a royal lady too! By the way Happy New Year FC!!!

3. Serenity

I agree that she looks best minus the coat, but I am glad she wore the entire ensemble for the event. She is perfection in this color. But I’m not sure there’s a color that wouldn’t look amazing on this woman! She exudes sophisticated elegance and loveliness in everything she puts on. It’s quite amazing, really. I so enjoy her on the red carpet, and I can hardly wait for her to wow us during awards season. THE one to watch!!!

4. ErrorFlynn

Oh my God. I haven’t noticed it before, but apparently I hate gold and coral together. she must look beautiful, I guess, but I just can’t with these colors.

5. julyol1972

Having Lupita, Queen Kate, and possibly a sighting or two of Swinton on the red carpets during awards season would be everything for me.

Lupita is truly my style crush going into 2014, and this ensemble reinforces it. She is stunning!

6. Larissa

So beautiful!I’m usually not a fan of matchy-matchy outfits but she looks so amazing and regal that I have nothing to complain about. She’s definitely my one to watch!

7. Marilyn

Ageing??? Not possible with this vision of loveliness – can’t wait to see what she wears during awards season