23.09.13

Amy Poehler In Basler – 2013 Emmy Awards

Amy Poehler

Amy Poehler proved funny ladies could look glamorous while walking the red carpet at the 2013 Emmy Awards.

The former Emmys Awards host and ‘Parks and Recreation’ star wore a Basler gown and Irene Neuwirth jewels.

I think Amy should win an award for best subtle accents. Her gown–a red carpet worthy LBD–is the perfect backdrop for her accessories.

Her orange Irene Neuwirth earrings and ring, the gorgeous bright pink nails, the rosey lips and long and low ponytail are absolutely divine.

Credit: Getty

Christina Hendricks In Christian Siriano -2013 Emmy Awards

Christina Hendricks In Christian Siriano -2013 Emmy Awards

Lena Dunham In Prada - 2013 Emmy Awards

Lena Dunham In Prada – 2013 Emmy Awards

9 Responses to Amy Poehler In Basler – 2013 Emmy Awards

1. EmmaWoodhouse September 23, 2013 at 02:48 #

It’s a good attempt, but I feel like it doesn’t flatter her very much. I like the hip details but the earrings don’t work for me.

• SleeplessinChicago September 23, 2013 at 14:16 #

Agreed. The first thought that crossed my mind was how unflattering this look was on her. The lukewarm accessories do no help, either.

2. Christine September 23, 2013 at 02:48 #

Not liking the skirt detail but she looks beautiful.

3. KatieKate September 23, 2013 at 03:51 #

Her style has improved so much over the past couple of years. This is another consistent look for her. It’s not super exciting, but she looks very good–styling included.

• Alina September 23, 2013 at 05:47 #

4. Molly September 23, 2013 at 04:36 #

I love how she always has personality in her choices. She has made consistently better choices as we go

5. kane September 23, 2013 at 07:11 #

It’s okay, but I’m missing glamour.

6. Yeliz September 23, 2013 at 10:45 #

I don’t like the hip details, but the rest is nice.

7. Camille September 23, 2013 at 16:44 #

I like this and I don’t like this. I think Amy looks wonderful. The colors are gorgeous on her, black is a great color for blondes and the pops of orange and gold are super flattering. Her hair and makeup are lovely. I like the gold brocade baroque style print used to accent this black dress, just not sure placing them on the hips was the best most flattering choice. Most women don’t want stuff padding the hips and part of the problem is she covers it up with her hand in almost every picture.
    The top doesn’t seem to fit well, I think it is a blouson style top, but it comes across as just ill fitting. I wish I could rework the gown, make the top more fitted and flattering and put the brocade accents in a different area.