Zhang Ziyi In Lanvin – Lancôme Show by Alber Elbaz Party

Zhang Ziyi In Lanvin – Lancôme Show by Alber Elbaz Party

Zhang Ziyi joined Gemma Arterton and Pace Wu on the red carpet for the ‘Lancôme Show by Alber Elbaz’ party, held at Le Trianon in Paris, France yesterday evening during Haute Couture week.
Like everyone else at this event, she wore a Lanvin dress.

Her white frothy creation was selected from the Resort 2014 collection, to which she added a cropped Lanvin tuxedo jacket with satin lapels which prevents the look from feeling too saccharine.

To add even more of an edge to her look, she accessorized with a ruby-stoned Lanvin necklace, a bow-accented leather belt, Repossi rings and earrings, plus the ultimate accessories when toughening up a look: Christian Louboutin spiked heels.

The two dominant pieces of this look for me are the necklace and the shoes. I wish she had opted for one or the other. I would take the shoes over the necklace, as much as I love the statement piece.

Most of you really disliked her previous Chloe look, so does this look get Ziyi back in your good graces?

Credit: Style.com & © Stéphane Feugère for Lancôme

Pace Wu In Lanvin - Lancôme Show by Alber Elbaz Party

Pace Wu In Lanvin – Lancôme Show by Alber Elbaz Party

Audrina Patridge's Tbags Los Angeles Crochet Mini Dress

Audrina Patridge’s Tbags Los Angeles Crochet Mini Dress

18 Responses to Zhang Ziyi In Lanvin – Lancôme Show by Alber Elbaz Party

1. Rebecca Z July 3, 2013 at 16:27 #

I love this. I agree that she could have chosen either the necklace or the shoes, but I can live with both. She looks great.

• Fiona-Brasil July 3, 2013 at 16:46 #

• adrian July 3, 2013 at 21:17 #

2. Christine July 3, 2013 at 16:28 #

Twee but I like this. The more I look at it, the more I like it for some reason.

3. Beth Rodrigues July 3, 2013 at 16:31 #

No, she just look silly!

4. Yeliz July 3, 2013 at 16:33 #

The necklace looks out of place and I don’t like the dress, it’s too twee for her even with the black blazer.

5. charlotte July 3, 2013 at 16:44 #

Jadore!!That’s more like the Ziyi I know and love.
    Aa for accessories,I would stick with the spiked heels as well.
    I could barely remember that hedious chole look after seeing this.God bless my eyes.

6. Quinn July 3, 2013 at 17:44 #

The shoes compliment the jacket nicely. Its the necklace that is ruining the look for me. this would have been perfect without it!

• admmgz July 3, 2013 at 17:58 #

7. CreoleLady July 3, 2013 at 19:09 #

I tried to like the last frothy white skirt but this second one makes me realize how much I don’t. Both white skirts were in combination with black and the more I look at them, the more I dislike them. I hope she moves on to something else.

8. KatieKate July 3, 2013 at 19:18 #

This is so reminiscent of her Chloe look. And while I really quite like the Lanvin dress in the look book, I don’t care for it at all the way Zhang has styled it. I think the blazer takes away from what made the dress beautiful to begin with. I can’t get past my dislike for the basis of this look to even comment on the necklace or shoes. I miss Zhang’s usual RC fierceness.

• Marybeth July 3, 2013 at 20:39 #

“I think the blazer takes away from what made the dress beautiful to begin with.”

Yes! That’s the thing. If you want to wear a structured black jacket, fierce black shoes, and a heavy necklace, why not do it with a plain white dress?
      Why do it with a soft, billowy confection like this?

Sometimes an edgy accessory may keep an ultra-feminine dress from looking too sugary, but this ensemble is all edge and no center. The original dress is utterly lost and I am left wondering what that frothy skirt is doing here.

(I do like this far better than the Chloe disaster — but that’s not saying much.)

9. Lydie July 3, 2013 at 19:57 #

I really like this look, it’s rock and glamourous. However I do agree that, as beautiful as the necklace is, I wouldn’t miss it if she hadn’t worn it.

10. Nat39 July 3, 2013 at 20:24 #

Ditch the bulky necklace and it’s fine, the tuxedo jacket and the spiked heels balance off the sugary sweetness of the skirt (which I’m not a fan of) well enough.

11. maria July 3, 2013 at 20:34 #

I really hate this look. The necklace doesn’t work and neither do the shoes or blazer or hair/makeup. The mix of hard and soft don’t work here. The dress has such a gorgeous ethereal quality that it should have been left alone as a romantic frock and not been tried to be something that it is not. Fail on all parts. What is happening to this girl? The Chloe mess and then this mess. She’s really lost it.

12. Pedro July 4, 2013 at 01:13 #

She looks gorgeous!

Love love love

13. Pedro July 4, 2013 at 01:14 #

She looks gorgeous!

Love love love!

14. kane July 4, 2013 at 04:10 #

I love the lightness of the dress, but Ziyi’s styling isn’t working for me at all.