Florence Welch In Louis Vuitton - The Royal Academy Of Arts Summer Exhibition 2013

Florence Welch attended Wednesday’s preview party for The Royal Academy of Arts Summer Exhibition 2013, hosted at The Royal Academy of Arts in London, England.

The songstress looked to the Louis Vuitton Fall 2013 runway for this velvet, floral-embellished dress in a melancholic taupe colour with mauve accents.

Like much of designer Marc Jacobs’ collection, this loose, lace-trimmed silhouette also evoked the boudoir. It could almost have passed for the most fancy dressing gown ever.

She accessorized with chunky, blush-toned Louis Vuitton sandals and got in some extra face-time with her Anya Hindmarch ‘Duchess Lady’ clutch, whilst her dagger-shaped manicure and stacks of rings on nearly every finger injected some edgy personality into the look.

The flame-haired singer crowned the ensemble with a return to the braided updo trend that added more romantic flair.

56c4174128d84c38be8e6dcce754aadb

You can buy Florence’s Anya Hindmarch clutch from Shopbop.com.

26 Comments
On The 'Kroll Show' Set With Katy Perry In Hervé Léger By Max Azria

On The ‘Kroll Show’ Set With Katy Perry In Hervé Léger By Max Azria

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Glamour Women of the Year Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Glamour Women of the Year Awards?

26 Responses to Florence Welch In Louis Vuitton – The Royal Academy Of Arts Summer Exhibition 2013

1. KatieKate June 6, 2013 at 04:09 #

For Florence, this is a pretty, cool look. I don’t think I would care for it on just anyone, but she pulls it off, especially the h2t styling, imo.

• Yeliz June 6, 2013 at 08:25 #

Totally agree. Only Florence can pull this off. I love her styling.

• dee June 6, 2013 at 13:27 #

I agree.

• Christine June 6, 2013 at 15:13 #

2. Poppy June 6, 2013 at 04:21 #

I think she looks beautiful. Her teal Gucci gown was stunning. But, I think this gown stays true to her own style without going too kooky (e.g Cannes)

3. chloe June 6, 2013 at 04:35 #

I love this look so much

4. Mandy June 6, 2013 at 04:56 #

I’m surprised i like this as much as i do. I don’t think this look would have worked on many people but florence pulls it off. Her clutch is fabulous.

• admmgz June 6, 2013 at 16:08 #

5. TeuntjeVDW June 6, 2013 at 05:50 #

Florence is the only person who could make this look work. She looks beautiful!

6. Teleholic June 6, 2013 at 07:25 #

On paper the teal look should be superior to this, but maybe it’s the fact that this is less familiar on her, with a different hair style, that I love this look so much more.

7. Maria S. June 6, 2013 at 08:28 #

I’ve never thought that someone would be able to pull of this particular LV collection, but Florence looks perfect!

8. Noemi June 6, 2013 at 08:53 #

She looks beautiful, but the dress is ugly, most of all the color.
    The clutch is gorgeous!!

9. Alicat June 6, 2013 at 09:09 #

Some of her latest outings have not been the best, but this is gorgeous. The style, fabric and colour really suit her. The colour is actually a difficult one to pull off, but it looks beautiful with her auburn hair. I even like the braided up do here.

• Alicat June 6, 2013 at 09:11 #

*the clutch goes perfectly too

10. Carolina June 6, 2013 at 14:10 #

I love this, and her in it. It doesn’t look like a dressing gown at all! The color is really great on her skin, and she is really working the entire look.

11. Vicky June 6, 2013 at 15:31 #

I don’t know. Minus the low neckline, this looks like something I would have worn in junior high, 15 years ago. And in junior high, fashion wasn’t quite my thing.

12. Nat39 June 6, 2013 at 18:22 #

I think this is horrible, drab, dowdy, frumpy, not working for me.

• EmmaWoodhouse June 13, 2013 at 12:49 #

+1 All I like is the clutch and her hairstyle. The dress is horrific.

13. Joy2 June 6, 2013 at 19:18 #

It’s a beautiful dress though it looks a bit fall/winter mother of the bride. Love the clutch with it.

14. dunzoo June 6, 2013 at 23:39 #

Bad dress, but love the shoes, jewels, hair & make up, and that clutch is FABULOUS (I think I have a clutch crush) !

15. Dhppy June 7, 2013 at 00:35 #

I can’t imagine spending so much money on a dress that looks it came straight out of a thrift shop.

16. kane June 7, 2013 at 01:37 #

Perfect! I’m surprised how much I like this, but it even keeps growing on me more! The clutch looked okay, a bit out of place, in Olivia Wilde’s hand a few weeks back, but here it’s abolsutely selling the look to me. You might wonder whether you should find this old and then the clutch says “yeah, but whatever… the painting on me is even older, ha!”

17. Kathy June 7, 2013 at 02:56 #

I love it, but I don’t think anyone besides Florence could have pulled this off. She has that old-school royalty kind of beauty and looks really good in luxe materials.

18. Ariel June 7, 2013 at 17:49 #

This is an ugly nightgown. This pyjamas/nightgown trend is ridiculous. The awful dated hair style and the terrible color of the hair and lips plus the unpleasant facial expression add to the impression of a bitter housewife.

19. George June 7, 2013 at 18:47 #

When I saw the dress on the model, I couldn’t help feeling nauseous. What an ugly creation. And the worst part of the hideous dress is velvet, which leaves me absolutely shocked. Has Marc Jacobs become a curtain designer?
    While the gown is unquestionably unflattering, Florence’s styling won me over (especially the clutch looks very exquisite) and made me hate the dress less.

20. Korean fashion June 8, 2013 at 03:57 #

For Florence, I think she looks beautiful. Her accessories looks very good!