Laetitia Casta In Christian Dior Couture - 'Zulu' Cannes Film Festival Premiere and Closing Ceremony

Laetitia Casta attended the Palais des Festivals in France this evening for the ‘Zulu’ premiere and Closing Ceremony for the 2013 Cannes Film Festival.

Like Zhang Ziyi, Laetitia also wore a gown from the Dior Spring 2013 Couture collection which featured the same floral appliqués in pink.

As the gowns were somewhat familiar, I guess this is why Laetitia made what appears to be a last minute decision to sling that gold feathered bolero over her shoulders.

I say last minute, because had she had time to really think about it, she would’ve known this was a bad idea.

Inside the venue she wisely removed the offending article, for a much preferable look, sans the tacky gold embellished Louboutin platform peep-toes.

Some of you have stated that Elie Saab, Cavalli, and Dior have been somewhat overexposed at this festival; Is having two similar gowns on the red carpet in one night by the same designer a knock-on effect of that overexposure?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Zhang Ziyi In Christian Dior Couture - 'Zulu' Cannes Film Festival Premiere and Closing Ceremony

Zhang Ziyi In Christian Dior Couture – ‘Zulu’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere and Closing Ceremony

Jennifer Lopez' Dolce & Gabbana Floral Silk Blouse

Jennifer Lopez’ Dolce & Gabbana Floral Silk Blouse

36 Responses to Laetitia Casta In Christian Dior Couture – ‘Zulu’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere and Closing Ceremony

1. Fashion Guru May 26, 2013 at 21:05 #

An ugly accessory to an already ugly dress. What a hot mess. But I think she knew what she was doing. She will get press for this and I think that was the point.

• Ariel May 27, 2013 at 11:47 #

+ 10000
      Not a sinle part of her look matches the others. An ugly mess!

• dee May 28, 2013 at 13:38 #

Completely agree.

2. Fashion Guru May 26, 2013 at 21:08 #

…on the other hand, had Tilda worn this cape over a black pantsuit…it would have totally looked delicious.

• Dhppy May 26, 2013 at 21:54 #

Oh, what a great idea!

• Fanny May 26, 2013 at 21:59 #

+1 !!!

• Ally May 27, 2013 at 00:43 #

+1!!! Awesomest idea ever!

Laetitia, on the other hand, just looks like a worst dressed version of the Sorceress of Castle Grayskull… The dress by itself is tacky with the sheer panel (a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen), and the shoes are hideous.

• EmmaWoodhouse May 27, 2013 at 15:51 #

You know, that would work for me!

3. Nat39 May 26, 2013 at 21:08 #

The feathered piece is hideous, the pumps are tacky, the sheer panel is cheap, this is really bad.

• Christine May 26, 2013 at 21:39 #

I agree. Such a tragic look.

• EmmaWoodhouse May 27, 2013 at 15:50 #

+2 For shame Laetita AND Dior.

4. Flover May 26, 2013 at 21:10 #

Dior has definitely been overexposed, and an unwise choice if i may say, if they have bith their ambassadors making an appearance at the festival, dont ho on making looks for everyone..and .Is it just me or is that a massive wardrobe malfunctuon? Cavalli has always been the most worm designer at cannes so no surprise there. And elie saab fatigue has to do with the models in cannes, theyve all made an appearance in atleast one elie saab!

5. dunzoo May 26, 2013 at 21:11 #

Typical Laetitia Casta look, try hard and tasteless. I’m so sick of the sheer trend. Hate the dress, the hair and make up. I won’t even comment on the “bolero”.

6. Yeliz May 26, 2013 at 21:21 #

I was waiting to see this gown on the red carpet since it was presented on the runway and Laetitia just destroyed it. That feathered bolero is so ugly and her shoes are so trashy. I can’t even concentrate on the gown, I dislike this look from head-to-toe. This is a case of a beautiful gown ruined by some very bad styling.

• Fashion Guru May 26, 2013 at 21:22 #

I hate to say this.. Bit this dress would have looked amazing on Halle Berry.

• Yeliz May 26, 2013 at 21:34 #

I’m sure she wouldn’t have styled it with a hideous bolero.

• Dhppy May 26, 2013 at 21:55 #

Yet, again, you’ve opened my eyes.

• Milla B. May 26, 2013 at 21:57 #

I loved this gown on runway. This is a disaster. The bolero and shoes are tacky. Even the makeup looks bad.

7. Dhppy May 26, 2013 at 21:57 #

I can’t imagine why anyone would want to pair the bolero and those shoes would this gown. It’s a mess.

8. Lisa May 26, 2013 at 22:06 #

this is utterly tragic.
    I’ve been dying to see this gown on the red carpet and *this* is what i got.
    why why why WHYYY that hideous bolero?!
    what a waste of such a beautiful gown.. ;’(

• Prudence May 27, 2013 at 04:49 #

This was one of my faves in that collection and sadly it has been completely destroyed by appalling styling. WDOTY

9. kane May 26, 2013 at 22:52 #

I am absolutely stunned. This is… I don’t even know what to say. Shouldn’t (some time) models be experts in the clothing department (something I also sometimes wonder when it comes to Heidi Klum)?! The bolero, the shoes (!), the necklace, her make up and hair… nothing really fits the style of this delicate dress. I like the dress and would have loved to see it on… maybe Anne or Marion. Such a waste indeed!

10. Jai May 26, 2013 at 23:00 #

I think the gown is gorgeous and she completely ruined it. Shame.

11. Alicat May 27, 2013 at 01:23 #

How can one even consider the gown when it is impossibly to look past the bolero. It looks like she found Icarus’ wings. Maybe she plans to fly to the sun afterwards? Hideous.

12. easyBlake May 27, 2013 at 01:30 #

Aww, I’m so in the minority – the bolero is the only thing I like about this. It’s a winged cape! The dress is meh.

• HM May 27, 2013 at 02:49 #

I don’t know whether it is the lack of sleep or the water I’m drinking but I have to agree with you! The bolero is a beautiful piece within itself and I wish she’d worn it with a plain black or white gown instead as a red carpet look. She should’ve pulled off what Zhang Ziyi did and worn the Dior gown with the hairdo and silver jewels as the on-stage look as I think she looked beautiful there.

The gold pumps, on the other hand, need to be burned…

13. MaddyEliza May 27, 2013 at 01:51 #

I really loved this dress on the runway and I couldn’t wait to see it on the red carpet so this is a huge disappointment for me. :( Why, oh why, would she choose to ruin it like this?! So sad. I wish this dress could get a do-over. I think it’s so dainty and feminine and beautiful.

14. Denise May 27, 2013 at 08:09 #

Well, Laeticia dressed like a bird and Argento flipped the bird… Birds highlighted the closing ceremony …

15. Beta May 27, 2013 at 08:49 #

The shoes are pretty tragic also. I also dont love the necklace (although it’s a minor complaint next to the Ikaro feathers). A great dress completely ruined

16. Noemi May 27, 2013 at 09:16 #

I don’t understand what she was thinking when she chose that feathered cape, totally nonsense with the dress. The shoes are a weird and tacky choice, maybe she wanted to draw attention in any way…
    The dress itself is beautiful and delicate, and she totally ruined it.
    She’s such a beautiful woman, what a pity. Laetitia, take notes from Nicole Kidman or Zang Ziyi!

17. Ariel May 27, 2013 at 11:52 #

It seems like she couldn t decide wether to use fauna or flora motives :) The more I look at the pics, the more absurd this look seems to me…

18. Zso May 27, 2013 at 21:13 #

For real? That feater cape is uh-mazing. Like, crazy, maybe even disastrous, but I don’t know, I love it. The slit in the dress bothers me a good deal more. I’d take the cape with a simple black dress any day, aaaahhh.

19. Zso May 27, 2013 at 21:20 #

*feather
    and I meant the sheer panel, not slit, obvs

20. Mcfly May 28, 2013 at 06:30 #

UGHH….she looked so much better without the HEDIOUS wings.
    I’m not a fan of this Dior collection at all, all the dresses look like they were made for 5 bucks.
    the necklace is so unnecessary and the styling is tacky

21. Jess2 May 31, 2013 at 13:09 #

There is no accurate way to describe how tragic/awful/hideous this look is.

22. Nomad June 26, 2013 at 17:02 #

Seriously? It’s the dress that’s ugly. I LOVE the feathered cloak, it’s got that perfect fantasy element to it. It makes her look like a siren.

Quit saying she ruined the dress, there was no saving it anyways.