20.05.13 Premiere

Aishwarya Rai In Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla - 'Blood Ties' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Aishwarya Rai made a red carpet appearance for the second day in a row, for the’Blood Ties’ Cannes Film Festival premiere held at the Palais des Festivals in France this evening.

At first I thought she was wearing Valentino, as the brand featured many dresses with this same silhouette in its recent collections, however, her floor-length look was designed by Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla.

The embroidery look, which she styled with a blush coloured clutch, is worthy of such a grand occasion. Even thought this look appears to be very heavy, I love the summery mix of colours.

Credit: Getty

Alyson Le Borges In Armani Privé -  'Blood Ties' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Alyson Le Borges In Armani Privé – ‘Blood Ties’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Hilary Duff's Prada Studded Smoking Slippers

Hilary Duff’s Prada Studded Smoking Slippers

29 Responses to Aishwarya Rai In Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla – ‘Blood Ties’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Nat39 May 20, 2013 at 20:08 #

Loving the exquisite delicate embroidery, the summery hues are so refreshing, the silhouette on a more statuesque leaner frame could´ve been spectacular, but she looks very lovely.

2. AndreaCru May 20, 2013 at 20:09 #

This is the perfect example where you don’t need to be skinny to look THAT beautiful

3. Charlotte May 20, 2013 at 20:11 #

I don’t like the dress at all, too much fabric.
    Still, her hair and her make up are perfect, as usual.

4. Yeliz May 20, 2013 at 20:20 #

I love this, but I would’ve loved it more, had she worn a delicate belt to define her waist. The embroidery on the gown is beautiful and so are her hair and makeup.

• Aline May 20, 2013 at 21:53 #

I agree. Whereas I think she made the right choice by not adding a belt yesterday, today it would’ve improved the look.

But, as it is, it still is amazing.

Also, I can’t get over how strikingly beautiful she looks in the second picture.

• Christine May 21, 2013 at 02:59 #

5. Rahul May 20, 2013 at 20:20 #

Aishwarya looks absolutely delightful! She’s such an icon.
    Best dressed at the premiere. Ultimately, it’ll be tough to choose between her and Mila!

6. Moxie May 20, 2013 at 20:21 #

The embroidered fabric is beautiful, but there’s too much of it.

7. kane May 20, 2013 at 20:22 #

Hm, this is rather a no for me. Granted I’m sceptical when it comes to long sleeves, but I guess they might work with a sort of coat-y dress… as long as said dress doesn’t look like a carpet. Makes her Elie Saab outing the other day even more of a stand-out win for me–not least in the flattering department.

8. Sa'a May 20, 2013 at 20:24 #

My fav Bollywood hottie,loving her fuller figure.

9. DSI May 20, 2013 at 20:30 #

The embroidery is exquisite. Great workmanship. But the silhouette is not doing her any favors. Neither is her hair!

10. Rebecca Z May 20, 2013 at 20:32 #

She’s a beauty, but I find the dress a disappointment. The embroidery is beautiful, but there’s too much pattern and not enough shape.

11. Marybeth May 20, 2013 at 20:49 #

Good heavens, she is gorgeous!
    I don’t blame her for wanting to wear her hair down —if you’ve got great hair, why not flaunt it?— but I think it would have been better worn back or up. Despite the summery shades, the dress has a rather heavy feel to it and her hair pulls things downward.
    A waist-defining belt would have been nice too.

12. dee May 20, 2013 at 20:57 #

I don’t like the dress at all. Her hair, makeup and face are gorgeous though.

13. Angie May 20, 2013 at 21:00 #

I really like the dress and she is absolutely beautiful!

14. serapart May 20, 2013 at 21:54 #

I like this one better than the elie saab dress, wish she’d worn her hair up though…

15. justme May 20, 2013 at 21:54 #

I don’t like the dress but she’s a vision of beauty from the neck up.

16. Gabby M May 20, 2013 at 22:15 #

LOVING the hair and makeup, and the dress has a little twist to it, it has a lot of personality

17. Dhppy May 20, 2013 at 22:57 #

Hmmm. Even though the gown’s embroidery is gorgeous, I feel it’s a little too one note. Something in the cut or the pattern should have been shaken up to break the monotony.

18. Kiran May 20, 2013 at 23:56 #

Girlfriend looks like her dress took inspiration from one of those crocheted toilet paper roll covers that my grandma placed on top of the toilet flush back in the 60′s. Yeah, complete with big hair doll head and arms attached! This is just so sad. Pretty woman with bad hair and clothes choices.

19. Sharon May 21, 2013 at 00:05 #

The dress is lovely but looks a little heavy for the season. On the other hand, she and Frieda Pinto are making me feel very inadequate. What gorgeous women they are.

20. Alicat May 21, 2013 at 00:32 #

The fabric is breathtaking but the style of dress heavy and matronly. I don’t think it is overly flattering on her. But her hair and makeup are very beautiful.

21. EmmaWoodhouse May 21, 2013 at 04:36 #

The ornate embroidery is beautiful, and she’s pulling it off wonderfully–there’s a very traditional vibe to the look that I love. Only at Cannes, I think. It’s on my BDOTD list for sure.

22. the ogre May 21, 2013 at 06:25 #

I love this and I have never loved Ash more than I do now. She has embraced the changes to her body so well and knows exactly what will work for her. The embroidery is quite exquisite along with the soft summery colors. Well, Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla r known for just this. This is awesome!

23. Lalitha May 21, 2013 at 10:19 #

Ash is wearing a floor length anarkali. Ideally this should have ended a few inches above her ankles so that we could see the bottoms of her chudidhaar (ie think of them as kinda-sorta ruched fitted pants) peeking out (as is the norm). I’m not a fan of this silhouette since I don’t think it’s vflattering. Is it just me or are you also reminded of a lampshade? The designers should have done better but of late their outfits are getting more dull and drab. Ash’s hair and makeup are fab.

24. Noemi May 21, 2013 at 10:25 #

She looks really beautiful, I like the make up, but I don’t like the dress, she looks matronly. I think she gained weight recently, and the dresses she’s wearing in Cannes highlight this. Also, I think that all the embroidery is beautiful, but from a long distance the fabric looks like tapestry.

25. CHITCHAT May 21, 2013 at 15:28 #

I like that no matter what she wears she looks Aishwarya Rai. Not like someone else or a doll(u know like Bingbing.)

26. Bella May 21, 2013 at 22:47 #

I’ll take this Abu Jani/Sandeep Khosla dress anyday.. It evokes opulence, elegance, and old-school understated glamour. An ethnic style with a contemporary twist.. Aww! Any day!

27. Zing May 22, 2013 at 00:06 #

Radiance! Dat’s d word for dis beautiful lady. D dress only accentuates her radiance futher….d intricacies of the works on her dress is wonderful…..even with fuller figure, she rocks dis dress. Was kinda getting tired of the Elie Saabs, Cavallis n Diors. Thumbs up to u n ur radiance lovely lady! :-* kisses blown