25.04.13

Olivia Palermo In Rochas – Rochas Madrid Event

Olivia Palermo In Rochas - Rochas Madrid Event

Olivia Palermo, who is the face of Rochas’ new fragrance, ‘Les Cascades de Rochas’, attended an event at the French embassy in Madrid, Spain in celebration of their collaboration.

The brand ambassador wore a Rochas ivory jacquard short suit.

I pondered as to what was bothering me about this look, and I decided that it wasn’t the necklace worn over the collar, but the red lip colour.

For me, this dominates the look, so I find it hard to appreciate the finer points of this look.

Known for her love of embracing the high street, Olivia opted to wear her Zara cut-out booties for the second time in a row.

Credit: Getty

Bella Thorne In Katie Ermilio - 'Iron Man 3' LA Premiere

Bella Thorne In Katie Ermilio – ‘Iron Man 3′ LA Premiere

Jaimie Alexander In Marc Bouwer - 'Iron Man 3' LA Premiere

Jaimie Alexander In Marc Bouwer – ‘Iron Man 3′ LA Premiere

17 Responses to Olivia Palermo In Rochas – Rochas Madrid Event

1. Charlotte April 25, 2013 at 13:33 #

I find this look a little bit too mature for her, maybe because of the make up, a little bit too heavy.

2. AG April 25, 2013 at 13:57 #

Another miss! The jacket doesn’t look very well fitted and the necklace is a bizarre addition to the look. The shoes are the only thing I like.

3. Jessica April 25, 2013 at 14:24 #

Her make-up is so terrible!!! She is so beautiful that she could do better!

4. AnderBoBo April 25, 2013 at 14:29 #

There is something very “mother of the bride” about that jacket, which is also washing her out. The makeup is also too heavy and is adding to the overall aging look. I wish she had waited for another outfit to feature that beautiful necklace.

• dee April 25, 2013 at 15:17 #

I agree.

• Yeliz April 25, 2013 at 15:50 #

Agreed.

5. kane April 25, 2013 at 14:45 #

I actually don’t mind this, but it’s rather ill fitted.

6. Marybeth April 25, 2013 at 14:53 #

This fabric would be better suited to a very simple dress …. or to a settee in a formal parlor.
    The baroque necklace, which is fine on its own, only adds to the heavy feel.
    And I agree that the red lipstick, which I suppose was meant to perk the outfit up, doesn’t work.

7. Noemi April 25, 2013 at 15:17 #

I think that loose hair and a light make up would have been better. I don’t mind the red lipstick but at least she could leave the eye make up plain, with just some mascara.

8. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) April 25, 2013 at 15:37 #

The whole thing is a rare miss for me. FC agree totes about the lips, which dominate everything in the frame. God she’s pretty though, LOL!

9. Christine April 25, 2013 at 15:49 #

This would looked better without the necklace.

10. EmmaWoodhouse April 25, 2013 at 15:52 #

This look is musty, because that rich print looks like a sofa when it’s paired with an incongruous and boxy short suit. In a shift dress, it would be great. I like the necklace and bracelet (though the necklace oughtn’t to be tangled with the collar like that) and I like the shoes but not with this outfit. However, the red lip (though a lovely color) is ALL WRONG for this look.

11. Anj April 25, 2013 at 17:48 #

If the jacket was open, the necklace would’ve made sense. For some reason, the shoe color is bothering me too.

12. Jai April 25, 2013 at 18:08 #

Wow, that makeup is awful. I often find she has bad make-up. There’s something about her ‘face’ (including rather ageing hairstyles) that always seems too put together and a disconnect with her more eclectic clothing choices. Have to say though, for Zara, those really are fabulous shoes.

13. lisam April 25, 2013 at 22:28 #

My problem with it is the jacket is too long. It’s covering up the top half of the shorts.

14. Laura April 26, 2013 at 10:09 #

Olivia’s make up is HO-rrendous

15. Alicat April 26, 2013 at 10:25 #

My first thought was she looks like she has her summer pyjamas on. The makeup is far too heavy. But what really bothers me is the strange way the oversized necklace has been placed around the collar.