19.04.13

Evan Rachel Wood In Cut25 by Yigal Azrouël – 2013 Tribeca Film Festival

Evan Rachel Wood In Cut25 by Yigal Azrouël - 2013 Tribeca Film Festival

Like Karolina Kurkova, Evan Rachel Wood stepped out twice this week wearing similar all-black looks with the commonality being halter necklines.

On Tuesday, she wore a black halter dress for the Vanity Fair Tribeca Film Festival Opening Party, followed by an almost-identical black Cut25 by Yigal Azrouël Spring 2013 layered modal maxi dress to the Tribeca Film Festival Juror Welcome Luncheon on Thursday.

With fellow mother-to-be Halle Berry setting the maternity style bar incredibly high, I can’t help but be slightly underwhelmed by both looks.

Credit: Getty

Jennifer Hudson In Pamella Roland - 28th Annual Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony

Jennifer Hudson In Pamella Roland – 28th Annual Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony

Pace Wu's Michael Kors PVC and Leather Pumps

Pace Wu’s Michael Kors PVC and Leather Pumps

15 Responses to Evan Rachel Wood In Cut25 by Yigal Azrouël – 2013 Tribeca Film Festival

1. Yeliz April 19, 2013 at 18:44 #

I like the first look better, but she really should’ve done a bit more, to make both looks more interesting.

2. Nat39 April 19, 2013 at 18:51 #

Halle Berry may be opting for bolder looks but they do not necessarily work as maternity style. Her black with lace panels Monique Lhuillier look in particular at Rio de Janeiro premiere was a disaster in my book, a really poor choice to show off a baby bump.
    While I do think that Evan’s 2nd long black look is on a dull drab side (she needed some statement accessories at least to elevate it a bit), her 1st one is a great way to dress up a baby bump – black is a bit boring but the dress is still flattering, she looks classy and sophisticated.

• admmgz April 19, 2013 at 19:49 #

ITA!

• Rebecca Z April 19, 2013 at 19:49 #

+1–to all of it.

• TeaAtTwo April 19, 2013 at 21:30 #

• Aline April 19, 2013 at 22:57 #

I couldn’t agree more.

3. Amy April 19, 2013 at 18:54 #

I like Evan R Wood’s style better than Halle’s. Yes it’s a little bit safe but it’s flattering (especially the first look) and not tacky which can’t be said about Miss Berry even if I love her.

4. julyol1972 April 19, 2013 at 18:56 #

I totally disagree, especially with the first outfit. I saw a few more photos of her from other angles and she was absolutely luminescent. The other dress, whilst not having a lot of bells and whistles, is very chic and appears to be incredibly comfortable. Kim Kardashian should take note.

5. Christine April 19, 2013 at 19:06 #

Not bad.

6. Alina April 19, 2013 at 19:51 #

I actually prefer Evan’s maternity style. It’s a 1000 times classier.

7. Noemi April 19, 2013 at 20:50 #

I like both looks, most of all the second one. She looks beautiful and classy.

8. Alicat April 19, 2013 at 23:04 #

I also prefer her chic, classy look over Halle Berry’s “bold” look any day. Just as importantly she looks comfortable. And serene…

9. Betelgeuze April 19, 2013 at 23:39 #

I actually very much like this look. I think it looks chic. I don’t fancy Halle Berry’s edgy take on maternity wear, and though I agree this feels just a tad too much understated, I still have in fresh memory Bryce Dallas Howard’s “yes I’m wearing a tent” approach. So this just works for me.

10. EmmaWoodhouse April 20, 2013 at 16:23 #

I’m not a fan of Halle’s style, maternity or otherwise. Her maternity looks have been sadly pretty tacky imo.
    Evan looks a lot more elegant. I do really like her first look here, though it is all black–she should have added a pop of color with shoes and a clutch. However, the second look doesn’t work as it’s just too overwhelming and plain. I think she could rock some great looks, though, and I’m looking forward to her style more than I am to Halle’s.

11. zoe April 21, 2013 at 22:56 #

evan is much further along than halle is. she looks very elegant and classy in her looks, just because they are black doesn’t mean they are boring.