14.02.13 Premiere

Michelle Williams In Prada – ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’ LA Premiere

Michelle Williams In Prada - ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’ LA Premiere

Michelle Williams attended the world premiere of ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’ held at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood, California on Wednesday evening.

Even though it has been a while since we last saw Michelle on the red carpet, her Prada look feels very familiar.

While her white short-sleeved dress enriched with crystals hasn’t taken to the red carpet before, the look and feel gives me a distinct feeling of déjà vu as this is Michelle’s preferred silhouette.

However, I do love that this dress has a split personality. It appears to be angelic from the front, but the side tells a different story as the dress has a slit right up to the waist revealing black panties.

Michelle styled her adventurous look with Prada t-bar sandals which were also embellished with Swarovski crystals; this might be why the actress decided to go sans jewels on this occasion.

A Kate Young for Target black clutch, side-swept bangs on her signature pixie crop, smoky eyes and nude glossy lips completed her look.

Does the split put you off liking this look?

Credit: Getty

Front Row @ Michael Kors Fall 2013

Front Row @ Michael Kors Fall 2013

Marchesa Fall 2013

Marchesa Fall 2013

44 Responses to Michelle Williams In Prada – ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’ LA Premiere

1. Feminist Model February 14, 2013 at 17:00 #

I think she did a great job in styling this dress. Perfectly chosen shoes and just-enough-appealing neutral black panties (lace panties would have made it horrible). I like the split!

2. Amy February 14, 2013 at 17:03 #

I dislike this, slit or not. The length is just wrong and it does nothing for her figure, it seems shapeless. Not a good look

3. Serena February 14, 2013 at 17:04 #

She looks gorgeous, and I don’t even mind the split. She pulls this off nicely.

• SilentVisitor February 14, 2013 at 17:21 #

4. Nat39 February 14, 2013 at 17:06 #

Looks mumsy from the front, the slit is puzzling (Why is it there exactly??) I don´t hate it, it´s just confusing and doesn´t make much sense. Her hair and makeup are lovely.

• vicky February 14, 2013 at 17:10 #

• Marybeth February 14, 2013 at 17:46 #

Agree on all points.

• Fiona February 14, 2013 at 23:40 #

Agree

• Christine February 15, 2013 at 04:29 #

Agreed. Confused about this dress.

• Beta February 15, 2013 at 08:00 #

+1 agree on all, the slit is confusing

5. Cookie February 14, 2013 at 17:10 #

I get that Prada is all about being outside the box (that’s why I love her), but the slit seems like a fairly pointless way of adding interest. Length-wise it’d be perfect for me if it hit slightly below the top strap of her sandal.

6. Rebecca Z February 14, 2013 at 17:11 #

It seems gimmicky to me. Really, what’s the point? No whimsy, just there. Not everything that can be done should be done.

7. kathryn February 14, 2013 at 17:13 #

I like this look, but I LOVE her hair and makeup. Take note Anne Hathaway this is what a pixie cut should be!!

8. arwa February 14, 2013 at 17:15 #

I love everything about this look specially this is unexpected split, and I think it was a good choice to wear a black panties underneath.

9. anjos February 14, 2013 at 17:16 #

Looks more interesting from the angles where you can see the slit. But looking at it from the front it’s really boxy.

10. Luis February 14, 2013 at 17:20 #

Imagine Angelina Jolie posing in this dress! LOLOL

11. Anj February 14, 2013 at 17:27 #

I was just going to say I would like this if it were tighter, but clearly it’s not because of that horrible slit. It’s existence is nonsensical.

12. Alaia February 14, 2013 at 17:42 #

I wouldn’t say the slit has no reason to be there. This dress seems almost Japanese-inspired. And I like people who wear similar silhouettes. It shows personal style rather than wearing what is trendy.

13. Aline February 14, 2013 at 17:44 #

I rarely like what she wears so it comes as no surprise to me that I disliked the dress. So I’d rather focus on her hair and makeup that look absolutely stunning.

14. jeremyrain February 14, 2013 at 17:45 #

I feel like she’s channeling Julie Christie in “Darling”: innocent yet mischievous. Love it!

15. Agathe February 14, 2013 at 17:47 #

The slit could have worked for me if her posing had been more playful. She just looks embarrassed of showing her panties.

16. robbie February 14, 2013 at 18:01 #

personally i love the dress but there is something so angelic about michelle that “Sexy” looks tend not to be “sexy”.

17. justme February 14, 2013 at 18:08 #

Goddamn at that slit lol. I like this, I really like this. It’s true to her style but it gives me something new.

Her hair and makeup are perfect too.

• Rashmi February 14, 2013 at 19:31 #

+1…I really really like this . It’s something new from her and she’s carrying it perfectly.

18. Tati M February 14, 2013 at 18:55 #

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. robert February 14, 2013 at 20:15 #

The slit I like. It’s the shoes that I find offensive, especially with this dress. The length is also off. But I like the design and color.

20. TeaAtTwo February 14, 2013 at 20:47 #

While I don’t love the dress from the front- the fit is off for me- I hate it from the side. It should have stopped just above the knee. I like the sandals themselves but in silver would have been better with the white dress.

21. Yeliz February 14, 2013 at 21:03 #

I thought this is a familiar Michelle look, until I saw the unreasonable slit, doesn’t make sense at all. I don’t hate it, but I don’t really like it, either.

22. dee February 14, 2013 at 21:12 #

I love this look. I think the split is super sexy without looking tacky because it is unexpected and the rest of the dress is so demure. The hair, makeup and accessories are prefect. BDOTW contender for me.

23. dee February 14, 2013 at 21:13 #

I love this look. I think the split is super sexy without looking tacky because it is unexpected and the rest of the dress is so demure. The hair, makeup and accessories are perfect. BDOTW contender for me.

24. Joy February 14, 2013 at 21:19 #

I like it a lot, and I like it even better on her. It is so unexpected. From the front, just like you mentioned it is sort of boring. However, when I took a closer look I can see just how beautiful the beading is, the perfect shoe choice and the crazy slit. I find a look I absolutely LOVE!!! Because her styling is usually so demure, she pull the slit off beautifully. BDOTW!!

25. Pedro February 14, 2013 at 22:26 #

She looks GORGEOUS and… HOT!

26. EmmaWoodhouse February 14, 2013 at 22:29 #

Thought it was sweet but a little frumpy from the front especially with the length. From the side–ruined everything I liked about it. The slit is beyond tacky–showing underwear is NEVER appropriate in my book. The shoes would have been fine, as TeaatTwo said, in silver, but in black they are a no. Also, who matches their shoes to their undies?

• EmmaWoodhouse February 14, 2013 at 22:30 #

I do love her hair and makeup thought. Best the pixie’s ever looked, and it does suit her!

• carolina February 15, 2013 at 03:12 #

I could not agree more. I have no interest in debating the choice of panties (lace? black? – whatever). Poor choice. She wears what works, but this doesn’t work, not with that too-high slit.

27. Catherine February 15, 2013 at 02:18 #

Gorgeous look! the embellishments are beautiful..and i like the ‘split personility’ of the dress..2 in one, very unexpected :D
    BDOTW contender?

28. Pablo February 15, 2013 at 07:54 #

I like it cause it’s her style (round neck, short sleeve) but she has definitely managed to keep it interesting and edgy with that super high side split.
    Hair and make up are beautiful. Thumbs up from me.

29. Noemi (WBiS) February 15, 2013 at 09:33 #

I don’t know if I like this dress. From the front is quite unflattering, from the side… wow… I like it because of her, she’s far away from being tacky and hairstyle and make up are lovely. On somebody else this dress would look terribly vulgar.

30. Kim February 15, 2013 at 09:42 #

Wow, interesting! It’s almost like a Vietnamese ao dai (the national dress), which is slit the same way but worn with wide legged pants underneath the sheath.

31. manja February 15, 2013 at 12:25 #

love it H2T,looking gorgeuus and sexy in a beautiful way

32. lu February 15, 2013 at 16:24 #

I kind of like the look. From the front I thought it was nice a little predictable but pretty, then the slit it’s like: surprise! I’m still debating whether I like it or not, but I do appreciate she didn’t feel the need to stick her leg out the split (ejem, Angelina, JLo)
    Also, hair and makeup are perfect.

33. Chloe February 16, 2013 at 01:29 #

I didn’t like the dress at first, but after I saw the slit, BDOTW worthy

34. Jess2 February 16, 2013 at 06:40 #

I really like this, it is great that the slit at the side departs a little from Michelle’s usual style. Her hair and makeup is lovely, she looks fantastic!!

35. Angela February 17, 2013 at 04:49 #

It’s a bullseye for me. Even without the split, the dress is cute and classy and vintage, and I love the charming vibe I get from her. Then I get to the side split and fall head over heels with it. It shows that she’s an innocent woman that isn’t afraid to get racy ;) definitely a very expressive gown