Katharine McPhee In Carven – The Today Show

Katharine McPhee In Carven - The Today Show

Katharine McPhee made a guest appearance on the Today Show on Tuesday in New York City to promote the second series of her hit show ‘Smash’, which premiered on the same evening.

The actress wore a dress by a brand which is universally loved – Carven.

Her Spring 2013 guipure lace dress, with a racer front, cut-out midsection, and a full skirt with tonal organza underlay, was muted for daytime TV with a white blazer.

You may be thinking, what is the point of wearing an interesting dress if you are going to cover it up on TV yet still have your stomach showing, and I would agree.

In saying that, I do like the look, especially when paired with my favourite shoe designer of the moment, Aquazzura.

Her ‘Sexy Thang’ suede sandals, which I also own in electric blue (of course), add some fierce femininity to her chic daytime TV look.

Pink lips and a wavy lob provided the finishing touches.

WO9ZHD800003NUD_1_large

You can buy Katharine’s Aquazzura suede sandals from Matches Fashion Global and Matches Fashion UK.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Beyonce’s Fierce Smoky Eye

Beyonce’s Fierce Smoky Eye

Allison Williams In Sophie Theallet - 'MAKERS: Women Who Make America' New York Premiere

Allison Williams In Sophie Theallet – ‘MAKERS: Women Who Make America’ New York Premiere

10 Responses to Katharine McPhee In Carven – The Today Show

1. Lee Ann February 8, 2013 at 15:35 #

I love this dress but do not like it with the jacket- it could be the contrast of the white of the jacket but I don’t think the shoes work with the dress because they look dirty and dull

2. arang February 8, 2013 at 16:30 #

I mostly like this look. It has a nice soft feel, the blue is lovely on her, and the jacket makes it a bit more professional. The shoes are cool but seem a bit casual with the jacket. I really dislike the stomach cutout, however. It’s odd and unflattering.

3. Nat39 February 8, 2013 at 16:43 #

This isn´t working for me from the neck down.

4. Agathe February 8, 2013 at 17:10 #

Talking about flesh-baring on TV, what do you think about the Grammys guidelines for this year’s show? Any outfits you like that would be banned?

5. Christine February 8, 2013 at 17:28 #

I like this. She is becoming quite the style darling.

6. Christine February 8, 2013 at 17:59 #

I kinda like this. She is becoming quite the style darling.

7. Yeliz February 8, 2013 at 18:38 #

I would’ve loved to see this without the blazer, because I love the dress and the shoes are great. I also love her hair and makeup.

8. TeaAtTwo February 8, 2013 at 23:35 #

I find the stomach cut-out quite an annoying distraction but

• TeaAtTwo February 8, 2013 at 23:38 #

*I like everything else. I’d have put the hair up in a bun or ponytail.

Also- Catherine, your blue version of those shoes are amazing, especially the heel!

9. EmmaWoodhouse February 9, 2013 at 14:46 #

I like her hair, her shoes (though your electric blue ones are to die for, FC!) and the color and lace of the dress, but not the stomach cut out and sheer skirt. I also don’t know if I’d have chosen a WHITE blazer…maybe a navy one?