29.01.13

Sigourney Weaver Wore Her 2013 SAG Awards Lanvin Gown Back-To-Front

Sigourney Weaver Wore Her 2013 SAG Awards Lanvin Gown Back-To-Front

Sigourney Weaver did an Angelina Jolie on the red carpet at the 2013 SAG Awards on Sunday.

Not the ‘right-leg’ thing; the wearing of a dress ‘back-to-front’ thing.

On Browns Fashion her black satin Lanvin gown with ruffled trims and an asymmetrical hemline is featured as having a plunging neckline.

On Sigourney the gown has a high neckline with an open back.

Maybe she thought the plunge was too deep so she opted for a sexy back instead.

Either way between the flat back of the gown pressing against her chest and the fact that she didn’t wear a bra she’s giving a whole new meaning to the words SAG Awards.

Credit: Getty

Shoescribe Spring/Summer Sale: Get Up To 60% Off

Shoescribe Spring/Summer Sale: Get Up To 60% Off

Emma Roberts' Paul & Joe Sister 'Cooper' Leather Jacket

Emma Roberts’ Paul & Joe Sister ‘Cooper’ Leather Jacket

43 Responses to Sigourney Weaver Wore Her 2013 SAG Awards Lanvin Gown Back-To-Front

1. Yeliz January 29, 2013 at 18:48 #

She was one of my worst dressed of the night.

2. Betty Brandenburg January 29, 2013 at 18:53 #

I was on a flight sitting very close to her , she looked sensational even at 39000 feet. Your comment is just cruel. What is it with the fascination with perkiness???

• Fashion Critic January 29, 2013 at 19:09 #

The post is intended to be light-hearted and taken with a pinch of salt.

I have spoken to a few celebs and stylist who I have made wise cracks about, and even they have found them funny.

Chill and take the comment in the manner in which it was intended – as a joke.

• Betty Brandenburg January 29, 2013 at 20:05 #

Got it. Am chilling.

• Fashion Critic January 29, 2013 at 20:41 #

You’ve read this blog often enough to know that my tongue is always firmly in my cheek – with the exception of black and white pumps of course

• HM January 29, 2013 at 21:56 #

“with the exception of black and white pumps of course”..

Lol FC! Even when writing seriously I can still feel a sense of humour in your comment.

P.S. Regardless of age, there should be no reason to let your ‘awards’ SAG in public ;)

• Fashion Critic January 29, 2013 at 22:25 #

“Regardless of age, there should be no reason to let your ‘awards’ SAG in public” – this made me LOL

• Luqe Mann January 29, 2013 at 19:36 #

Cruel? Some fashion blogger are even more b*tchier than this. And one does NOT have to be perky to look polished. You can’t deny the dress is pressing on her girls so bad it look like she’s stuffing a pillow on her chest.

• mari January 30, 2013 at 02:26 #

THIS? I really thought of a pillow as soon as I saw the dress, the chest on the down low… Later!
        Tnx FC for making four fashion comments not boring at all.

• Fashion Critic January 30, 2013 at 07:26 #

You are kind. Thank u x

3. Moxie January 29, 2013 at 18:54 #

That dress looks terrible turned around backwards. Sigourney and Julianne Moore were my worst dressed. They both needed more support.

• Barbara February 2, 2013 at 22:02 #

Yes I too felt Julianne Moore looked awful, as soon as I saw her I knew she would be voted worst dressed on Fashion Police and she was!!!/ When she walked up to receive her award she could hardly walk …It was too tight on her butt which made it look flat and way too low in the front. She’s 50 or 51 I believe that dress was not for her!!!!
      sigourney hmmmmmm I don’t think the dress is bad naturally she should have worn it the right way and a bra. I met her in person and she relayed how she hated the red carpet and being criqued for her wardrobe. Don’t know if either have a stylist but if they don’t they should get one and if they do they should fire them especially Moore b.c she is a pretty woman and most of the time never gets it rht.
      Ohhhh maybe for the emmys she wore a blck and white dress then also….

4. Valeria B. January 29, 2013 at 18:58 #

“she’s giving a whole new meaning to the words SAG Awards” :D :D :D this made my day FC

• Sara January 29, 2013 at 19:37 #

I know! I totally snorted when i read that :)

• Niki January 30, 2013 at 01:10 #

Same! Hehehe

• Grace Patricia January 29, 2013 at 20:16 #

A big hit for me! ahahahahahhahah

• Christine January 29, 2013 at 21:42 #

Lol. This is not a good look. Wrong dress.

• Jess2 January 29, 2013 at 22:28 #

I nearly spat out my coffee when I read it. Very funny hehehe! It is a shame that the risk didn’t pay off. This dress isn’t working for her at all.

• Rashmi January 30, 2013 at 08:08 #

Hahahaha same here ! That statement really cracked me up now, and the colleagues around me thought I have gone crazy :D:D

Anyways, You are so right FC !! ;)

5. noo January 29, 2013 at 19:16 #

a bra would have made this look much better! I love the idea and that she didn’t wear black shoes, but i can’t get over the bra thing :S

6. haroula January 29, 2013 at 19:18 #

god its like a cheap dress worn without bra its horrible :/

7. EmmaWoodhouse January 29, 2013 at 19:20 #

Totally lol’d at the comment ;) you’re very witty, FC, and that’s one fo the reasons I love this blog!
    The dress was nothing special to start with, but wearing it back to front just makes it ridiculous. What was she thinking? Take notes from Sally Field, Sigourney.

8. Sara January 29, 2013 at 19:38 #

All i could think was how unflattering this dress was on her. We all know how great Sigourney looks and she just looks like a box.

Oh my, I almost had a bxxbs in a box comment! hahaha

9. McKenzie January 29, 2013 at 19:47 #

I thought she looked like she was wearing a potato sack.

It’s a pity because she’s gorgeous.

10. Agathe January 29, 2013 at 20:03 #

Her make-up was absolutely terrible as well. What happened?

11. Lyo January 29, 2013 at 20:29 #

Only person to nail the back-to-front trend was Cate Blanchett on a red and gold gown from Decades. The rest of us poor mortals need to come to terms we’re not Cate and forget this idea.
    *sighs* Sigourney is one of my favorites actresses, and she’s really gorgeous, but there’s nothing good on the look from the neck down.

12. JJovana3 January 29, 2013 at 20:33 #

Terrible fit. She definitely needs a bra.

13. Molly January 29, 2013 at 20:41 #

It must have seemed like a good idea at the time… One of my friends said it looked like she had a throw pillow stapled across her chest, which really is the effect. I’m actually quite relieved to know that this was worn back-to-front. It is actually a beautiful gown.

14. dee January 29, 2013 at 20:47 #

This is so unflattering.

15. jones19 January 29, 2013 at 21:18 #

I’m all for wearing a dress backwards when it looks good but this is just awful, it’s pretty obvious even to a fashion layman that this is backwards.

16. Rebecca Z January 29, 2013 at 21:34 #

She just needed a different dress–there’s no way to make this one work for her (or anyone, maybe). Like most of us slightly older gals, she has put on a little weight and her body has changed. She is still so beautiful, but her outfits lately tell me she has lost some of her fashion confidence. Get it back, girl–you rock!

17. manja January 29, 2013 at 21:43 #

WHY????
    I just don’t understand why would she do this to herself?

18. Ayesha January 30, 2013 at 08:46 #

backward or forward, the dress is HIDEOUS!

19. msd January 30, 2013 at 09:23 #

I thought it looked oddly balloonish! I wonder whether she lost her nerve about the plunging neckline at the last minute or some silly stylist talked her into it? She looks fantastic for 63 and totally could have worn this the right way around.

20. anne January 30, 2013 at 16:42 #

=)))this post is too funny (sag awards :))). I haven’t commented in like forever, but i just had to say something. Great job on the awards season by the way, like always! Kisses and hugs

• Fashion Critic January 30, 2013 at 17:01 #

21. Kaiva January 30, 2013 at 18:02 #

Oh my….. This is so bad. First thing that came into my mind – she looks like a pillow.

22. SJM February 1, 2013 at 02:36 #

Did anyone else notice it looks like a cushion glued to her chest?! As if she’s gone ‘Oh crap, too revealing’ at the last minute and executed a self-styled fixer-upper!

23. lou February 1, 2013 at 18:12 #

would not the slit at bottom be reverse– it is on same side front or back.???

• margaret February 2, 2013 at 17:08 #

Thank you lou – I thought the same thing that the slit would be reversed. Don’t know about you but I am certainly no fashion critic and I caught this omission immediately. Surprised at all those who missed it!

• pacific February 2, 2013 at 19:13 #

Agreed. I’m curious about the Fashion Critic’s response to this. If the dress is really backwards, why is the slit still on the right leg? The slit would be on the left leg if the dress were backwards.

24. Pam February 1, 2013 at 21:13 #

Tits in the front, bum in the back. So unless you are built like a plank this look never ever works.

25. susan February 3, 2013 at 06:28 #

The side slit is on the same side, though.