Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture – 2013 Golden Globe Awards

Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Couture - 2013 Golden GlobesJennifer Lawrence has definitely catapulted to front-and-center status in Hollywood, and the 2013 Golden Globe Awards red carpet is just one of many for her this season.

After a series of hit or miss looks lately, Jennifer clad herself in a Christian Dior Fall 2012 Couture gown (natch) for the show at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California.

Since she is the new face of Dior, we saw this one coming. But at least the dress was red-carpet-red and not black.

A metallic belt and Ferragamo box clutch served as this Best Actress nominee’s main form of bling.

The structured corsetry, cinched waist and sweeping ball gown skirt is reminiscent of Dior’s “New Look” of the late ’40s, mixed with some ’90s Madonna funk via a strapless, cone-bra-inspired bodice.

What do you think of this Dior fusion?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Priyanka Chopra In Rachel Gilbert - 'Mary Kom' Music Launch

Priyanka Chopra In Rachel Gilbert – ‘Mary Kom’ Music Launch

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior Couture - 2013 Golden Globe Awards

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior Couture – 2013 Golden Globe Awards

40 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture – 2013 Golden Globe Awards

1. AW January 14, 2013 at 02:09 #

I like this look, the color is amazing and she looks tall and her waist is tiny. I do think the makeup is lacking. A bolder lip color would’ve helped.

• Anon January 14, 2013 at 07:08 #

I hated this when I saw it on the runway. I loved loved loved on Jennifer Lawrence. The belt addition makes it palatable.

2. Fer January 14, 2013 at 02:10 #

She is by FAR my best dressed, i am stunned. Speechless. Unique gorgeous, new gown… and that fit Jesus, it fits her like a glove.

3. J January 14, 2013 at 02:12 #

Best she has looked in a long time! Love the color and the addition of a belt. Glad that her hair is up and is a lighter color… wish she would go a little more blonde still, but she looks lovely

4. NooG January 14, 2013 at 02:13 #

This is certainly the best she has looked for the past couple looks. Still seems to be missing that certain…”oomph”…from last year.

5. Lauren January 14, 2013 at 02:14 #

From my recollection this is the first time I have liked her in Dior. Not as amazing as she managed this time last year but she still looks good.

• Yeliz January 14, 2013 at 06:50 #

Me too. It’s the first time I like her in Dior. But, as usual, and as dramatic as the gown looks, I’m not wowed.

6. Christine January 14, 2013 at 02:15 #

I sorta like this but from some angles it appears unflattering. Tricky material but glad to see her wearing red and not black or nude blush.

7. Moxie January 14, 2013 at 02:15 #

Looks lovely in the picture, but I hated it on TV, especially from the side. The brests were practically pointed, like a conical Madonna bra from the 80s.

• Natalie19 January 14, 2013 at 02:44 #

Same here

The side shot was odd…..

Otherwise, i love everything else about the look.

8. moja31 January 14, 2013 at 02:16 #

This looks better in still photos, on tv it was hard to look past the appearance of boob canons that the ruffled top created.

• Parvati January 14, 2013 at 02:24 #

I didn’t see it on TV, I am currently “studying” for exams ;) but I did see a picture of the side view on yahoo, and the bodice was gag-inducing. She could’ve used the breast detailing as a clutch! It looks somewhat better here, but all in all it is still a bad look in my book.

• Carolyn January 14, 2013 at 02:44 #

+1 – it was soooooo unattractive from the side!

• noo January 14, 2013 at 05:43 #

I didn’t see it on tv but I saw most of getty’s red carpet photos and the boobs are appalling in some of them!

• MissAmynae January 14, 2013 at 07:05 #

+1 one person compared them to Red Solo Cups, teehee.

• Alina January 14, 2013 at 15:46 #

Ditto

9. Evil Britta January 14, 2013 at 02:18 #

Such an improvement.

• Adrian January 15, 2013 at 01:14 #

10. Neli January 14, 2013 at 02:19 #

Looks great! And she WON!!!

11. Thaís January 14, 2013 at 02:20 #

When I first saw her on the red carpet I wasn’t so sure about cone-bra-inspired bodice, and I got the impression that she wasn’t very comfortable in the dress – but maybe this is just me playing telepath!

But I have to say that the dress looked gorgeous when she accepted the award. It really translates marvellous on TV!

12. shap_half January 14, 2013 at 02:22 #

She looks really pretty here. It’s simple with some sex appeal, which I think is what she should always be aiming for.

13. Nat39 January 14, 2013 at 02:27 #

I liked it until I noticed the pointy breasts, can’t look past them unfortunately.

• admmgz January 14, 2013 at 06:03 #

14. Rashmi January 14, 2013 at 02:30 #

Its an improvement of Dior sure, but still not close to wow or great!
    I can just see the dress, cant see her owning it.

15. Fiona - Perth January 14, 2013 at 02:49 #

I absolutely love this – it fits like a dream and totally channels the New Look but also right up to date. I actually like the silhouette at the top, she can carry it off and it adds to the hourglass. It totally puts Zooey’s red strapless gown in the shade which doesn’t nip in at the waist enough.

16. Tea January 14, 2013 at 03:05 #

I love the color on Jennifer (okay I’m really mostly pleased it’s not black) even more so as it appeared on television – more the true red of the lookbook photo. Amazing, amazing silhouette (from the front!). Love the nipped in waist and the metallic belt and the structure of the skirt but the conical breasts effect did seem a little extreme from the side view (at least when we saw them at Al Roker’s eyelevel). I think I’d have loved this with a less extreme version of the bodice because otherwise it does look gorgeous on her statuesque physique.

17. Lena January 14, 2013 at 04:19 #

Side shots were not good on TV. I like the original colour more.

I hope she doesn’t do red for the oscars again!!

18. EmmaWoodhouse January 14, 2013 at 04:22 #

The only thing I don’t like about this look is the very top part–the strapless part (I’m so sick of strapless!) and the design of the cups. However, this is still an awesome (youthful!) look for Jennifer! I love the waist-defining belt–it’s so flattering! And the full red skirt. She really looks great and thank goodness it’s not black! Glad she chose to carry a clutch. Everyone else has been skipping!

19. Rebecca Z January 14, 2013 at 05:00 #

Not her best effort. And her hair is a snooze. The color is pretty, but the dress was not fabulous. She doesn’t seem to know what to do with her boobs.

20. admmgz January 14, 2013 at 06:17 #

I didn’t particularly care for either Marion or Jennifer’s looks tonight. Most Dior looks the same to me now- the only similar Dior look that stands out in my mind was Leelee Sobieski from last year in Paris- Leelee looked gorgeous whereas Marion & Jennifer looked somewhat mediocre (maybe that’s not the right word I’m looking for). Don’t get me wrong- all of them are beautiful women- I think it’s just the collection that’s just lackluster IMO.

21. Cait January 14, 2013 at 07:13 #

This doesn’t compare to her past bombshell looks (Calvin Klein, Prabal Gurung, Ralph Lauren). Maybe it’s her change of stylist? The bodice looks too structured, and the skirt is reminiscent of a dated prom dress – it even looks ridiculous on the model! I really wish I could love it, but the dress is wearing her.

22. justme January 14, 2013 at 07:34 #

I like the addition of a metallic belt.

But from the fabric to the Madonna-esque bust, I can’t say I’m a fan of the overall look.

23. Erik January 14, 2013 at 08:47 #

Not a fan of the fabric!

24. Andreea January 14, 2013 at 09:31 #

Although she stunned in this dress i don’t know why but i think that it;s not her style.

25. Manja January 14, 2013 at 12:51 #

Beautiful

26. Jess2 January 14, 2013 at 14:00 #

Now this is a Jennifer+Dior combination that works well. I think she looks beautiful and her hair and makeup is perfection. The cone boobs aren’t the best though.

27. robbie January 14, 2013 at 19:40 #

i must be one of the few who thinks this is terrible, it looks like a cheap prom dress.

• Princess Chi Chi January 16, 2013 at 05:06 #

ITA

• M January 19, 2013 at 12:24 #

i totally agree.. the fabric, the construction and the outcome was tragic in my opinion… it looks like a cheap dress…

28. vanillarose August 25, 2013 at 18:27 #

This dress is horrible, and her hair looks like it’s falling out – although I am not a fan of Jennifer’s regular style.