Jude Law In Lanvin – British Independent Film Awards 2012

Shunning a traditional suit, Jude Law took to the red carpet at Old Billingsgate Market for the British Independent Film Awards 2012 yesterday evening.

He wore a Lanvin Spring 2012 navy button up jacket with grey pants and brown shoes.

I’m not sure how you feel, but if the event says ‘awards’ in the title, then surely a suit is required. No?

This is way too sloppy for my liking.

When it comes to Jude I have never understood the appeal. He has always reminded me of Tintin.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Rita Ora In Calvin Klein - Jingle Bell Ball

Rita Ora In Calvin Klein – Jingle Bell Ball

Joanne Froggatt In Jonathan Saunders - The Hollywood Reporter Screening Of 'Downton Abbey' Season 3

Joanne Froggatt In Jonathan Saunders – The Hollywood Reporter Screening Of ‘Downton Abbey’ Season 3

21 Responses to Jude Law In Lanvin – British Independent Film Awards 2012

1. Nat39 December 10, 2012 at 17:32 #

This is just bad, sloppy, unflattering, big thumbs down from me.

2. Yeliz December 10, 2012 at 17:34 #

I used to think that he’s hot, but not so much anymore. And here his pants are too tight and yes, it’s not event appropriate.

3. M December 10, 2012 at 17:54 #

I cannot see the resemblance between him and Tintin but this is sooo funny FC!

4. Noemi (WBiS) December 10, 2012 at 18:08 #

FC, you really don’t get his appeal? I think he’s a god actor and such a beautiful man! In “Alfie” he was beyond beautiful and I like his style, even if I don’t like here, too casual. But I love everything with a military “vibe” so I like the jacket.

• Zerina December 10, 2012 at 19:09 #

Well, we all have different taste. I get FC, but still for me Jude was always sexy, there is something about his accent and he is beautiful man.

5. justme December 10, 2012 at 19:37 #

Tintin though? LOL. I think Jude has flawless facial features (especially circa Alfie) but to each their own.
    I do agree that the outfit is a bit of a mess. That one tucked leg in the boot is making me laugh far too much.

6. TeaAtTwo December 10, 2012 at 20:01 #

Agreed, he does look too casual for the event.
    I used to have a big crush on him years.

7. Lisa December 10, 2012 at 20:02 #

Good from the waist up, the pants make him look bottom heavy

8. tiffany December 10, 2012 at 20:24 #

It’s perhaps that I want to eat my lunch off of him that I am not terribly offended by this look. In fact, I quite like it. He is scrumptious!

9. Rebecca Z December 10, 2012 at 20:25 #

Dreadful sloppy and silly look.

10. Sarah December 10, 2012 at 20:27 #

He could do so much better. I would expect someone like Chris Martin to work the life out of that type of jacket, not him.

• Christine December 11, 2012 at 01:55 #

He can and could do so much better. There is no effort here.

11. Francois Bresmal December 10, 2012 at 21:23 #

Well, I don’t mind the fact that he’s not wearing a suit cause they’re more than boring but in this case, the “no-suit” doesn’t work T___T

12. FC310 December 10, 2012 at 21:49 #

Its the “Independent” film award and I think Jude is trying not to be conventional by wearing a suit. Perhaps if he has added a collar shirt underneath the jacket and steamed his pants, it would have been more award appropriate.

13. Zissou December 10, 2012 at 22:24 #

This is one of those times that I’d rather see Jude naked, and not JUST because I’d love to see Jude naked.

14. EmmaWoodhouse December 10, 2012 at 22:40 #

LOL @ Tin-Tin :D :D
    However, I do think that he used to be (and is still, when properly dressed) quite handsome; however this laughable ensemble is not doing him any favors.

15. Erin December 11, 2012 at 01:53 #

As a contrast, I really loved Tom Hiddleston’s Armani suit, especially the textured tie.

Tangentially, curious of your thoughts on Andrea Riseborough’s outfit at BIFA.

16. effieee December 11, 2012 at 06:43 #

The jacket looks amazing on Yuri, but it looks like the buttons are ready to burst on Jude. The jacket is at least one size too small.

17. kane December 11, 2012 at 13:18 #

Jude, let’s face it, you are not 18 anymore and the rock rebel doesn’t quiiite work anymore. A bit sad, this look, I have to say because my first thought was “wow, he looks old.”

• Fashion Critic December 11, 2012 at 13:31 #

this made me LOL…so true. I feel the same way whenever I see Jay Z

18. Anaa December 12, 2012 at 00:21 #

I could see Chris Martin in this, not Jude Law!