Jessica Biel In Giambattista Valli Couture – ‘Total Recall’ London Premiere

London clearly agrees with Jessica Biel. The actress looked divine on the red carpet this evening for the ‘Total Recall’ London premiere.

After many false starts she finally got out of the blocks wearing a breathtaking Giambattista Valli Spring 2012 Couture dress.

Her unique masculine/feminine look consisted of a chic tuxedo shirt with lace sleeves accented with a feather peplum and a floral appliqué pencil skirt.

Once again there are no ‘buts’ as she styled her look with Christian Louboutin ‘Pigalle’ neon-pink pumps, a white Fendi clutch and dazzling gold jewels.

Her makeup and glossy brunette tresses were flawless.

I had a feeling she would get it right tonight, and I’m glad she didn’t let me down.

Both girls looked beautiful, but Jessica gets my vote for best dressed.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kate Beckinsale In Donna Karan - 'Total Recall' London Premiere

Kate Beckinsale In Donna Karan – ‘Total Recall’ London Premiere

Jessica Biel's Giambattista Valli Silk Ocelot Dress

Jessica Biel’s Giambattista Valli Silk Ocelot Dress

59 Responses to Jessica Biel In Giambattista Valli Couture – ‘Total Recall’ London Premiere

1. Maz August 16, 2012 at 19:38 #

In complete agreement FC! So pleased to see two amazing looks from her in a row. Both BDOTW worthy.

2. Sabina August 16, 2012 at 19:41 #

Ah, she looks heavenly! I much prefer the toned down feathers and the whole masculine/feminine contrast really suits her. Best look so far!

• Malinda Jane August 16, 2012 at 20:18 #

I totally agree! I was waiting for her to find something feminine but with menswear touches, which seems to suit her personality more. Beautiful!

• Wong Hiao Hiao August 17, 2012 at 05:10 #

You’re absolutely right! Her features are quite strong, in a masculine way, so the contrasts balances things out. Phew.

3. gabis August 16, 2012 at 19:44 #

The feather peplum is awful. I’m glad they made a few changes on it for Jessica. Her version with the smaller peplum and waist band is much much better than the runway version.The collar also bothers me a bit, but I think I can overlook that because she really looks amazing. Again, perfect flawless hair and makeup and a beautiful pop of colour from the shoes. She looks gorgeoushere, but I still prefer her Valentino Resort look.

4. Kathy August 16, 2012 at 19:49 #

I think she looks so stuffy, between the high collar, the long sleeves, and the skirt that goes past her knees. Her accessories don’t add anything to the look either.

5. Michelle August 16, 2012 at 20:09 #

I think she looks great but to be honest I always think she looks great! Maybe I just like her “stuffy” style.

• christine jemison August 17, 2012 at 00:24 #

i agree! sure maybe she is stuffy compared to many starlets out there, but i think she dresses in a very unique way. she really makes each outfit her own and i love how she breaks the mold ever so slightly with each look.

6. Ayishaa August 16, 2012 at 20:10 #

No no no. This look doesn’t translate that well on the red carpet.. The feathered peplum looks out of place with the high collared neck shirt. She almost reminds me of big bird..

• GiGi August 16, 2012 at 20:24 #

I’m with you Ayishaa.. I actually dislike the dress and HATE the hair. Kate B beats her on the red carpet!

• tiffany August 18, 2012 at 16:07 #

the hair is SEVERAL tragedies

7. justme August 16, 2012 at 20:22 #

It looks like her hair was in a ponytail and she opted to let it down at the last minute. I wish it was straighter, sleeker.
    That issue aside, it is a good look. I’m glad she went with bright coloured pumps.

8. Quinn August 16, 2012 at 20:23 #

i don’t like her hair here. she should have worn her hair up.

• Prian August 16, 2012 at 20:41 #

Somehow, I think had she wore her hair up, she will look frumpy

• Lei August 17, 2012 at 09:39 #

Totally agree that she should have worn her hair up like the model! I always have a ‘but’ when it comes to Jessica! *sigh*

9. Magdalena. August 16, 2012 at 20:37 #

I don’t like the pink pumps. Gold sandals, an updo and red lips would’ve been so much better.

10. Dhppy August 16, 2012 at 20:39 #

Yea! Work it! She nailed this. I never would have thought that a feather peplum could come to her rescue, but hey, she’s looks amazing!

• Rash August 17, 2012 at 07:48 #

:D Same here ! Would have never thought !
      That touch of ping is also adding so much to the look too ! And for the first time, that hair isn’t distracting me at all !

• dag August 17, 2012 at 08:30 #

I agree 100% with you. It’s BTOTW!

11. fromchi-town August 16, 2012 at 20:46 #

I love the dress and the shoes she paired with it. I just wish she did something with her hair – but she still looks gorgeous and I think it is a worthy BDOTW contender.

12. Odette August 16, 2012 at 20:56 #

HAIR UP. I hate the hair here. The updo doesn’t have to be severe, but enough that we can see all the detail. Her hair down dominates the dress.

• dee August 17, 2012 at 01:28 #

• Andrea August 17, 2012 at 08:14 #

Agree, the hair looks like it is ment to cover up the transparent area around the chest. Like a mermaid.

But in total she is not boring here, actually she is taking a risk with this dress and I prefer this outfit over Kates forgetable black gown any day!

• Ancika August 17, 2012 at 09:02 #

Yes, the hair should have been UP!!!

13. Nat39 August 16, 2012 at 21:02 #

This look is a bit too fussy with the feather peplum, floral applique, high collar, loose tresses – she should’ve at least pulled her hair back, could’ve shortened the skirt just a tiny bit.
    Not as impressed with this look, much prefer sleeker sexier black Elie Saab (despite that clutch), gorgeous and sexy with her hair in a tight bun, she really shined in that look.

14. dunzoo August 16, 2012 at 21:10 #

i like the dress, but IMO Jessica doesn’t pull it off. Dresses with lace details don’t fit her, she needs something edgier/sexier.

15. shap_half August 16, 2012 at 21:16 #

She looks fantastic, but I wonder how much more mindblowing she’d look if she pulled her hair back??

16. EmmaWoodhouse August 16, 2012 at 21:54 #

Not great for me. I really wish she would get rid of the bangs…they’re not so bad with an updo but they’re quite awful here. The dress is kind of fussy. The peplum plus the lace skirt is just too much, and the sleeves feel too short. The whole dress feels too costumey and overworked. I do like the pink and white combo, but that’s about it.

17. Liana August 16, 2012 at 22:00 #

It’s perfect! It’s even risky, but she looks amazing.

18. MG August 16, 2012 at 22:06 #

These shoes are interesting, but an odd choice. also her hair ruined this look for me. i much prefere Kate’s look even she wore black pumps

19. errun August 16, 2012 at 22:08 #

loved her look from head to toe! never thought feather on peplum can look good! plus the embroidery is really beautiful..but I must say that her shoes could have been better and probably more delicate!

20. CC August 16, 2012 at 22:29 #

why does she always kill her looks with the wrong footwear choice? couldn’t she have gone with something strappy and daring and not boring? i know neon pink is not a boring color, but the shape of the shoe is just normal.

step it up with the footwear choices please!

CC

21. carolina August 16, 2012 at 22:43 #

No. I really dislike the peplum and the hot pink pumps.

22. Elaine August 16, 2012 at 22:46 #

She wears this dress fabulously and love the colour pop via the heels. wouldv like to have seen a sleek ponytail however definately her best look of the promo tour

23. Christine August 16, 2012 at 23:00 #

I would’ve loved this look with her hair up. But the dress and shoes are working here.

24. Aline August 16, 2012 at 23:36 #

I can hear Etta James singing on the background. Because, AT LAST! Finally! I love this! I guess I had to give up on her for her to surprise me positively. But I really like this dress on her. The clutch matches and the neon pink shoes are a great choice for some pop of color.

Her hair will always be a ‘but’ to me, because it’s just too heavy and ’cause I hate those bangs. But I’m overlooking it as the rest of the look is pretty great. BDOTW worthy.

25. Jess August 17, 2012 at 00:30 #

love it….just wish the hair was swept back or swept up

26. mandy August 17, 2012 at 01:00 #

So I guess she brought her “are you sure you are gonna wear that?” Friend. No worries, she’d be back to crazy “what the ….” fashion phase soon.

27. Mandy August 17, 2012 at 01:56 #

I guess she brought along her “are you sure you are gonna wear that?” friend along. But we all know she will revert to her “what the f…” fashion phase soonest this is over. And can somebody please tell her to grow out those horrible bangs? Doesn’t suit her at all ! And don’t even get me started with those ombre hair color.

28. CreoleLady August 17, 2012 at 02:13 #

Agree, prefer the black Saab for the same reasons.

• CreoleLady August 17, 2012 at 02:19 #

Oops, meant to reply to Nat39 with whom I agree.

29. Marybeth August 17, 2012 at 02:48 #

Well, we’re certainly getting a wide range of reactions to this one!!!
    Count me among the nay-sayers. I don’t like the dress to begin with — far too much going on and the lines are graceless. With such a complicated garment, she hardly needs the drama of bright shoes.
    And the heavy hair? Please, no.

30. Sally August 17, 2012 at 04:35 #

Love this, top to bottom!

31. Tamara August 17, 2012 at 04:45 #

SO MUCH HAIR EVERYWHERE

32. Carla August 17, 2012 at 05:04 #

This has to be a BDOTY contestant! Absolutely magnificent. I went to Style.com to see the dress in movement and I am in love.

My name is Carla and I am in love with a dress…

33. Ayesha August 17, 2012 at 05:40 #

i still don’t like her hair but it’s definitely a huge improvement from the looks we’ve so far seen from her and i love the shoe with this look.

34. Alina August 17, 2012 at 06:28 #

I LOVE IT!

35. Erin August 17, 2012 at 08:10 #

Her hair is simply horrible.

36. Xiomalys Crespo August 17, 2012 at 08:22 #

Although the dress doesn’t really photograph that great from profile, it’s different to what we have come to expect from her—I’ll give her that.

I like the pumps with the look, but the hair doesn’t really convince me. I guess there’s just something off about it, much like her previous photocall look.

37. MR August 17, 2012 at 09:19 #

Does anybody know when they attend the other premiers..like paris , madrid or rome ?

38. Katie August 17, 2012 at 12:23 #

FC you must have had a premonition you knew she would get it spot on!Wow she looks outstanding i adore this dress i think its the best Jessica has ever looked!

• Fashion Critic August 17, 2012 at 12:42 #

more wishful thinking ;)

39. Colleen August 17, 2012 at 14:45 #

I have been in love with this since Jessica tweeted a photo from the red carpet. Love everything!

40. emily August 17, 2012 at 15:01 #

i read she had to change because the skirt was so tight she could barely walk, left in a green number…

41. Amy August 17, 2012 at 15:54 #

I’m sorry there’s too much going on,the peplum is way too big. I wish there were less feathers.And for once I agree with the comments about the hair, her bangs don’t usually bother me but here it’s bad. However I like the pink shoes.

42. roxana August 17, 2012 at 16:25 #

the dress is beautiful!

43. jessie August 17, 2012 at 23:19 #

this would have been perfect for me if she tied her hair up in a ponytail

44. taksi August 18, 2012 at 01:54 #

I hate those shoes; they ruin the whole vibe of the outfit.

45. Incroyable August 18, 2012 at 05:13 #

Hate the hair. If she has worn her hair up and gotten rid of her bangs I would find this to be flawless.