Cate Blanchett In Preen – ‘Uncle Vanya’

Cate Blanchett was spotted leaving the New York City Center yesterday evening following her performance in ‘Uncle Vanya’ yesterday evening.

The actress wore a Preen Resort 2013 dress.

Her short-sleeved jacquard dress features contrasting two-tone, leopard-stamped prints, a high round neck, an A-line silhouette and pleating at the waist.

She styled the look with a black Jason Wu ‘Daphne’ cross-body bag and black pumps.

This isn’t her first Preen Resort 2013 look, however.

Last Wednesday she attended the cast photocall for ‘Uncle Vanya’ in New York City wearing a Preen black suit with a short-sleeved, button up shirt featuring a vibrant striped print, a solid collar and solid cuffs.

She styled her chic look with classic Roger Vivier black ballet flats.

I love both looks. They are a huge step up from her Givenchy disaster earlier this week.

Credit: Style.com, Splash News & Getty

Ashley Greene For NYLON August Denim Issue

Ashley Greene For NYLON August Denim Issue

Brandy Norwood's Balmain Embroidered Tunic

Brandy Norwood’s Balmain Embroidered Tunic

18 Responses to Cate Blanchett In Preen – ‘Uncle Vanya’

1. Martin July 25, 2012 at 16:12 #

Love both ensembles, particularly the first one. So low-key, but so easy and effortless and unself-conscious.

Cate has been garnering raves for her performance in Uncle Vanya, with one critic commenting that she “is a performer of remarkable intelligence, bravery, and emotional transparency — the finest stage actress of her generation” and “a woman of sublime beauty and transfixing phosphorescence”. Strangely enough, although both these looks are devoid of the traditional red carpet bells and whistle, Cate truly shines in them. And that is the definition of a red carpet star for me.

• chryssa July 25, 2012 at 16:54 #

omg really well said!true style comes from within and she always carries herself with grace and elegance!a true icon imo…

• Luciana July 26, 2012 at 09:53 #

I totally agree. Cate is my fashion icon. A goddess.

2. dee July 25, 2012 at 16:24 #

I like both looks. I wish the pants however where longer.

3. Zissou July 25, 2012 at 16:35 #

The suit is absolutely amazing. I wouldn’t mind seeing it up for BDotW.

4. Jones19 July 25, 2012 at 17:06 #

I hate the sleeves on the dress. They’re really jarring. Love the suit on her though.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) July 25, 2012 at 18:51 #

+1, but I adore the effortless hair and makeup in both shots, (as well as the dress featured next to the second shot).

• Jones19 July 25, 2012 at 19:41 #

I would have preferred to have seen her in that second dress.

5. Ramsay July 25, 2012 at 17:46 #

That second look is BDOTW worthy for me

6. Nat39 July 25, 2012 at 19:00 #

Certainly an improvement from her Gyvenchy but I’m still not loving it. The 1st one is too young for her, and she desperately needed higher heels for the 2nd to offset the masculinity of the suit and elongate the leg.

• Alina July 25, 2012 at 21:15 #

I agree.

• Nat39 July 25, 2012 at 21:47 #

Forgot to mention… her masculine stance/slouch a la Tilda in her 2nd look is killing me (along with those flats and the shape of the pants)

7. Odette July 25, 2012 at 20:21 #

Would’ve liked the first look more if she wore interesting shoes.

Would’ve loved for Cate to wear the whole runway look in her second look.

8. Christine July 25, 2012 at 22:13 #

I like both looks especially the second look.

9. TeaAtTwo July 25, 2012 at 22:42 #

Apart from the black pumps(though I understand she has just finished performing) I really like both looks. The 2nd lookbook outfit would be a great one on the red carpet or event.

10. Marybeth July 26, 2012 at 00:51 #

I like the dress but it doesn’t suit Cate very well. It almost looks as if Mother is wearing her 13-year-old daughter’s dress. I think the cross-body bag only intensifies the school-girl look.

I much prefer the second outfit, which is the kind of casual, super-chic look Cate does so well.

Like others here, I would have loved to see Cate in the runway version — that is, without the blazer and with the patterned skirt. But I still like her suit look!

11. Luciana July 26, 2012 at 09:51 #

My icon fashion. Cate is flawless. I love her. Divine actress

12. Yeliz July 26, 2012 at 11:01 #

I only like the first look.