18.07.12 Premiere

Anne Hathaway In Gucci – ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ London Premiere

Anne Hathaway joined her co-star Marion Cotillard on the red carpet at the Odeon Leicester Square for the London premiere of ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ this evening.

The actress dazzled in a stunning Gucci halter gown with a keyhole opening at the back.

Her fully embellished gold beaded gown had a floral detailed neckline which was a feature on many of the looks from the recently presented Gucci Resort 2013 collection.

With accessories kept to a bare minimum, she added Tiffany jewels, Casadei satin pumps and a matte-pink lip colour to complete her look.

I have to say I love the simplicity of the overall look. Not many could pull off a pixie crop and a dress without much shape with such beautiful results.

However, I would’ve loved this look even more had it been a drop waist blouson dress.

Credit: Getty

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior Couture - 'The Dark Knight Rises' London Premiere

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior Couture – ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ London Premiere

Nikki Reed's Citizens of Humanity Rocket Leatherette Jeans

Nikki Reed’s Citizens of Humanity Rocket Leatherette Jeans

48 Responses to Anne Hathaway In Gucci – ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ London Premiere

1. Andreea July 18, 2012 at 19:46 #

This isa way much better look than the last one.I have to say that i really like the dress and this time the makeup si ok.

2. Yeliz July 18, 2012 at 19:46 #

I think this is better than her Prabal Gurung gown. I love the floral neckline, but not her pumps.

• dee July 18, 2012 at 19:57 #

I agree on the pumps. Wish she wore gold strappy sandals.

• tiffany July 18, 2012 at 20:22 #

3. Fer July 18, 2012 at 19:49 #

I have to say, i missed this girl like crazy on the red carpet. Her style has always been transforming, changing, surprising me. I always get really excited when i know that she is going to walk on a red carpet event. But with this new hair… jesus i’m in love. Her make up has been toned down, she looks pure, even more than she has ever looked, she looks statuesque, and i really, really believe that this is NOTHING compared to what she has in mind for the next premieres. I’m really excited.

4. Serena July 18, 2012 at 19:50 #

I get a Michelle Williams vibe from this.

• Andreea July 19, 2012 at 08:11 #

I agree.

5. Shiva July 18, 2012 at 19:50 #

u’ve taken the words straight out of my mouth FC
    i don’t think u put a column on a lady with a pixie cut
    drop waist would’ve been just perfect particularly with that luscious neckline

• Shiva July 18, 2012 at 20:15 #

or she should’ve borrowed Cotillard’s gold belt while posing for the photographs!

6. Martina July 18, 2012 at 19:56 #

I like this look but I gotta say, I liked Prabal Gurung better.
    You know what the biggest problem is for me with Anna? Her posing, I disliked it in NYC premiere and I dislike it now. She should’ve placed at least one of her hands on her hip and I think this would’ve looked so much better. With her hands just hanging like that I get a feeling that she isn’t happy to be there or something like that…

• Rash July 19, 2012 at 04:18 #

Exactly ! I want to like this beautiful dress, but she doesn’t breathe any life into it with that pose and the unflattering waist.
      A no from me.

7. Emmeline July 18, 2012 at 20:00 #

Anne looks gorgeous! I’m in love with those flowers along the neckline.

8. Nat39 July 18, 2012 at 20:02 #

With the neck this long, Anne pulls off the large floral detail (that could’ve easily overwhelmed a shorter neck) at the neckline easily but it’s really hard to look past the absence of shape, very unflattering, so I have to say it’s a no from me on the overall look.

9. gabis July 18, 2012 at 20:05 #

This look instant reminded me of Keira Knightley’s Valentino at “Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World” LA Premiere so I totally loved it head to toe. She looks fantastic. BDOTW contender!

• gabis July 18, 2012 at 20:06 #

***instantly

10. Odette July 18, 2012 at 20:06 #

I agree. A drop waist would’ve been better, but this is still divine. I LOVE the neckline detail.

• Alina July 19, 2012 at 08:45 #

11. Lara July 18, 2012 at 20:11 #

Don’t like it. Period.

12. Sanette July 18, 2012 at 20:19 #

I love the neckline but the dress is too shapeless.

13. justme July 18, 2012 at 20:23 #

-sigh- all she needed was a thin belt and I would have been on board :(

14. j July 18, 2012 at 20:38 #

She’s playing catwoman for heaven’s sake!! Give me some drama, give me some sex appeal… Antonio Berardi or the like, more dramatic makeup (red lips!), and slick back that hair.

I have doubts that she pulled off that role, but I guess i’ll have to wait and see. This “sweet” tour certainly isnt convincing me.

• Marybeth July 19, 2012 at 02:18 #

EXACTLY. Bring us at least a hint of Catwoman!
      So far you would think she was playing in a Jane Austen flick or something.

15. Laura July 18, 2012 at 20:42 #

I agree with the above poster re: posing. Had she given some more attitude in this dress and put her hands SOMEWHERE rather than straight down, she could have given this dress some more shape and subsequently some more LIFE. right now it’s a stunning gold…sack.

16. robbie July 18, 2012 at 20:54 #

yet another let down.

17. Mick July 18, 2012 at 21:01 #

I hate this with a passion. It looks like a sack, the color looks kind of sad on her, and I dislike the Christmas garland around her neck a lot. So far, she’s been a disappointment in this promo tour.

• manja July 19, 2012 at 09:39 #

must agree,didn’t like any of her looks so far

18. Grace Patricia July 18, 2012 at 21:02 #

A belt please.

19. Rebecca Z July 18, 2012 at 21:05 #

I like it and I even like the shoes with it. No distraction from that fascinating fabric and the gorgeous neckline. If the dress were blouson with those armholes we’d all be complaining about side boobs. The deep armholes are the sexy part of the dress–pretty naked along her sides.

20. vicky July 18, 2012 at 21:13 #

Shapeless and washout…
    Needless to say, I only “like” this from the neck up.
    A shame considering that the close up picture bode for something really good and then it all just, fail to excite.

21. mm July 18, 2012 at 21:25 #

Hair and make up i love. the neckline just reminds me of a christmas wreath

22. shap_half July 18, 2012 at 21:35 #

I think she looks great and statuesque. I have no problem with this. The silhouette she creates here is stunning.

• Mol July 18, 2012 at 22:05 #

I agree completely, perfect posture and with that neck she carries off a neckline that few could contend with. I love it and think it’s BDOTW worthy!

23. Christine July 18, 2012 at 22:14 #

I would like it 10x times more if had some type of shape to it. Or at least Fitted. She looks pretty!

24. amparo July 18, 2012 at 22:22 #

She looks perfect!!! Love the haircut, she stands out among all the same boring longhaired women.

25. Zerina July 18, 2012 at 23:04 #

I don’t like it. Any of it.

26. TL July 18, 2012 at 23:43 #

The dress itself is pretty, her makeup is nice too.
    Because she has such a long neck and narrow shoulder, I think it will look so much nicer if she put one or both hands on the hip…

27. Rita July 18, 2012 at 23:44 #

I’m still waiting the WOW moment…

28. Kelly July 19, 2012 at 00:33 #

I am floored by her beauty in this gown but agree it would have been better with a drop waist.

29. Blueblue July 19, 2012 at 02:23 #

Reminds me of Michelle Williams with the short hair and the shapeless dress..

30. Jess2 July 19, 2012 at 02:38 #

The detail on the dress is exquisite. She looks statuesque and really beautiful. Great look!

31. 麗林 July 19, 2012 at 03:48 #

I like the new haircut because it really show that she has a beautiful face, but lately, I think her fashion choice have been a little on the boring style…

32. Niki July 19, 2012 at 05:15 #

Couldn’t agree with you more FC.

33. Chloe July 19, 2012 at 05:22 #

Comparing with Marion Cotillard, she looks like a clown.

34. su July 19, 2012 at 07:09 #

the neckline is gorgeous..i agree that the dress is shapeless and it seems that it is the wrong size for Ann…another bad day!

35. Elle July 19, 2012 at 09:56 #

I think her latest looks haven’t been working for many of us because she doesn’t seem as confident as she used to with her new haircut. Anne’s best feature is her smile and lately she just seems unconfortable when being photographed. Personally, I liked her long hair best, but I think she would looked much better if she styled it differently and tried edgier, sexier outfits (I’m thinking Evan Rachel Wood and her sexy suit phase)

36. Nat July 19, 2012 at 14:31 #

I hate this look and this kind of “minimalistic” turn her style is taking.
    Girl, just because you have a pixie, it doesn’t mean you have to wear minimalistic, shapeless, innocuos, white/black/neutral stuff all the time!