02.07.12

Front Row @ Christian Dior Fall 2012 Couture

Celebrities, editors, designers and even royalty were seated in the front row of the Christian Dior Fall 2012 Couture presentation held in Paris, France, this afternoon.

Mélanie Laurent: The French actress was my favourite from all the attendees at this event. I’m most in love with the printed bell-shaped tiered skirt which she styled with the same satin blush sleeveless top from the runway. I’m not missing the necklace, but I would’ve preferred it had she tied back her beachy wavy locks.

Princess Charlene of Monaco: Dressed in head-to-toe pink Dior, the Princess looked uber chic even though I wish she opted for a belt.

Anna Dello Russo: The editor-at-large for Vogue Nippon has always been fearless when it comes to fashion, but I’ve never seen her show off so much skin. Dressed in a hot-pink Fausto Puglisi Spring 2012 dress with cut-out details and an elaborate gold-embroidered detail, the look is styled with all pink accessories including a Valentino clutch and YSL shoes. TMI or fearless fashionista?

Jennifer Lawrence: The ‘Hunger Games’ actress opted for a summery Christian Dior floral white-and-orange print dress. Nude peep-toes and white Dior shoulder bag completed her cute look for her first Couture show.

Olivia Palermo: I was wondering when we would have our first Olivia spotting during fashion week. The star wore a Christian Dior Resort 2013 leather peplum top with cute navy shorts. It’s not often she wears a look by the designer whose show she’s attending. More often than not its Zara or Topshop.

Sharon Stone: The diva arrived dressed in head-to-toe black velvet Dior with shades and a leather tote to match.

Marc Jacobs: Even if Marc Jacobs had decided to wear one of his Commes des Garcons dresses, they would’ve been upstaged by his bi-colour platform shoes.

Anna Wintour: The editor-in-chief of American Vogue checks off all her staples: Manolo Blahniks, sunglasses, sheath dress, beaded necklace and trademark bob.

Donatella Versace: Donatella and her daughter Allegra opted for head-to-toe Versace all black look. Its looks like a pose-off. Who wins?

Credit: Getty

Rita Wilson In Prada - 21st Annual ELLA Awards

Rita Wilson In Prada – 21st Annual ELLA Awards

Front Row @ Armani Privé Fall 2012

Front Row @ Armani Privé Fall 2012

51 Responses to Front Row @ Christian Dior Fall 2012 Couture

1. Mrs. A July 2, 2012 at 20:37 #

Pretty boring outfits all around and Princess Charlene. Really? I could sew that ugly dress for you for $10 all costs included and I dont even know how to sew.

Anna Del Russo – tool old for that getup.

Melanie Laurent – I don’t even know you but what the hell.

Olivia Palermo – I used to be a die hard peplum fan and even I have gotten tired of the look.

Marc Jacobs – Look the same as always and those clown shoes are not the bizness.

Anna Wintour – Another day, same look.

Sharon Stone – nice, effortless look.

• wer July 3, 2012 at 16:53 #

you dont like anyone but you like Sharon ? wtf? she looks ridiculous, boring, and its summer, for gods sake.

• Luqe Mann July 5, 2012 at 12:17 #

Sharon’s look is not season-appropriate but you gotta admit she looks drop dead diva there. Who else can pull off a shapeless velvet dress like her?

2. Mrs. A July 2, 2012 at 20:38 #

Oh and Donatella – how could I overlook you? You look plain scary.

• M. July 2, 2012 at 21:19 #

Her feet are look soo weird in that photo…

• ctn July 2, 2012 at 22:21 #

I agree. They both look freaky. What’s up with those toes?

• lady of lettuce July 3, 2012 at 00:47 #

Definitely some lymph/circulation problems going on there… swollen ankles and so on. Deformed feet from sexy shoes.

• Jackie July 3, 2012 at 03:19 #

Did she always have cankles?!

• Veera July 3, 2012 at 06:13 #

Donatella – that is not human!!

3. Emmeline July 2, 2012 at 20:44 #

Melanie’s ring is gorgeous, but I absolutely hate her hair. The color and messiness make it incredibly tacky. Charlene looks chic, but also incredibly boring.

My favorites are Jennifer and Olivia. I love both of their outfits. The print and cut look amazing on Jennifer, and I really like how Olivia paired that leather top with the shorts.

4. CC July 2, 2012 at 20:47 #

Olivia Palermo’s legs go on for days. she’s just gorgeous! very jealous!

I love the whimsy of Anna Dello Russo’s style, but sometimes I wish she wld realize some outfits are better suited for someone a little younger. She shld chop her hair off like 5 inches too, for a more sophisticated look.

CC

5. DorianGray July 2, 2012 at 20:52 #

For the very first time I don’t like Donatella’s look (too much black!).
    Marc Jacobs’shoes are from Prada FW13 collection.

• MR July 3, 2012 at 03:28 #

FW12…not 13

6. Leeann July 2, 2012 at 20:58 #

So disappointed by this collection.

• Leeann July 4, 2012 at 21:14 #

I spoke far too soon. I was in the atelier today and saw the clothes up close – they are beautiful , elegant and very modern. Yesterday at lunch at L’Avenue Anna Wintour walked out with back to the atelier almost hand in hand – definitely giving her seal of approval. It was a neat moment!

• Leeann July 4, 2012 at 21:59 #

Meant to say she walked out with Raf

• Fashion Critic July 4, 2012 at 22:13 #

I love those types of special moments. I wish I had seen it.

My immediate reaction was that it was very Jil Sander Fall 2012, but that is his style, he is not going to design like Galliano and my opinion changed too.

Looking forward to seeing which celeb wears it first.

• Lee Ann July 5, 2012 at 13:13 #

It really was a special moment.
          My reaction was the same as yours – I thought fine for a R-t_w show but it lacking the drama of Couture. Then I saw the clothes up close-Amazing -and if you go back to the archives you can see that he used that as a starting point and then made it more modern.

It will just take me sometime to get LG out of my system.

• LeeAnn July 5, 2012 at 16:16 #

sorry meant to write JG not LG

7. christine July 2, 2012 at 21:07 #

LOVE anna dello russo’s outfit from head to toe!! on so many people it would be too much but on her its amazing. also olivia palermo looks so chic.

8. Leti July 2, 2012 at 21:22 #

My favorite is Jennifer’s look. Those bangs look much better when she wears her hair down, as opposed to throwing it up like she’s going to the gym.

I might have like Melanie’s look, but the hair if unforgivable.

I can give Anna Dello Russo a pass, but she’s skirting the line.

I’m hot just looking at Sharon Stone, but that might be because I’m in the midst of a heat wave.

9. Odette July 2, 2012 at 21:24 #

Jennifer Lawrence blows everyone out of the water because she isn’t trying hard. She looks classy and pretty.

The Versaces looks horribly unhealthy. There is no excuse. But I like both their poses, it suits them.

Anna Dello Russo is usually annoying here but gets a pass because Fausto Puglisi is usually tacky, but she made him not [that] tacky. That’s a feat.

Marc Jacobs needs to stop dressing like a buffoon and more like a man like he used to. He looks awesome in suits and a black button down.

10. Anj July 2, 2012 at 21:42 #

My fav is Jennifer Lawrence.

I know Anna Dello Russo is trying to have fun with the fashion, but sometimes she just looks trashy. Sorry to say it.

11. Yeliz July 2, 2012 at 22:27 #

Jennifer Lawrence is my best dressed. She looks effortlessly chic.

I also like Olivia Palermo’s look sans the shoes.

Anna Dello Russo looks ridiculous.

Would have expected more from Princess Charlene. This dress is really cheap looking.

12. MoxieSue July 2, 2012 at 23:04 #

Very disappointing. Anna Dello Russo’s outfit would have been better on a twenty-something. Still trashy, but better. Donatella is scary. The others are boring.

13. amparo July 2, 2012 at 23:06 #

Melanie: Looks like someone grandma.
    Charlene: So stiff and boring,
    Anna: Looks old despite her efforts.
    Jennifer: So, so. Nothing special
    Olivia: The best in this group by far.
    Sharon: Boring.
    Marc: At least his outfit is interesting.
    Anna: Boring
    The Versace’s: Their heads are bigger than their bodies. Scary!!

• Brigitte Barbie July 3, 2012 at 00:46 #

I agree, you sure know how to judge your fashion! Marc Jacobs looks fabulous. Almost as fabulous as my boyfriend, the Ken doll ;)

-Brigitte Barbie, xoxo

14. Toria July 2, 2012 at 23:17 #

Jennifer looks gorgeous! Such a pretty look

15. Sharon July 2, 2012 at 23:24 #

Jennifer Lawrence looks great.

16. robbie July 2, 2012 at 23:57 #

anna dello russo, i try so hard to like her and this time its quite a tame look i just wish she would cut her hair, it really doesnt do her any favours.

olivia looks aodrable. anna yes its the same look all the time but damn she looks fabulous. sharon looks pretty good. the rest blah.

17. Eirwen July 3, 2012 at 01:05 #

Mélanie Laurent looks so “very old lady” that i barely recognized her. Not to mention that horrid hair. OMG nightmares.

18. Parvati July 3, 2012 at 02:52 #

Melanie Laurent: I don’t like antyhing about this look.

Princess Charlene: She looks chic, but also quite boring.

Anna Dello Russo: I don’t think this dress is for her age…

Jennifer Lawrence: Very cute, but nothing to get really excited about.

Olivia Palermo: I don’t usually get all the love for her style, but I really like her look here.

Sharon Stone: So out of season. It’s summer…

19. Valeria July 3, 2012 at 02:55 #

LOVE Anna Dello Russo, amazing fun look only she could pull off. Olivia Palermo looks exquisite, as usual. Jennifer Lawrence looks too boring, and I think he should change her makeup artist because she could look fresh and dewy instead of dated (lipstick meh). Sharon Stone-really???? This is LA “popped out to do my nails look”. From other post I adore Marion in navy dress. Versaces look equally horrendous despite the generation gap

20. effieee July 3, 2012 at 04:00 #

I quite like Anna Dello Russo’s dress, but I would’ve loved it on Ciara.

21. Emi July 3, 2012 at 06:13 #

Quite uninspiring outfits, I would say. Olivia is my favorite and Melanie Laurent…terrible hair but I don’t like anything she’s wearing. I can’t even look at those horrible things Marc Jacobs is wearing instead of shoes!

22. Alina July 3, 2012 at 06:52 #

Jennifer Lawrence is my best dressed.

23. Beta July 3, 2012 at 08:27 #

Olivia is by far my faveourite of the bunch here. Love Anna’s dress too.
    ADR sure is fit!
    Have you guys read Donatella’s last interview, its hilarious :D love!

24. Hannah July 3, 2012 at 08:51 #

Love what Jennifer and Olivia are wearing, would’ve really liked Melanies if she had fixed the hair.

25. Nat July 3, 2012 at 10:04 #

My favourites here are Olivia Palermo (I know she’s famous for her accessories, but I often think she overdoes it and ruins it…she does the minimalistic look much better, IMO) and Jennifer Lawrence (LOVE that dress, although a pair of coral sandals would have been preferred).

26. Violet July 3, 2012 at 10:45 #

I love Olivia P the most here. FC i’d love to hear your thoughts on this collection!

27. alex July 3, 2012 at 11:48 #

I LOVE Jennifer Lawrence’s look! Absolute perfection for me.

28. CoutureAbility July 3, 2012 at 13:41 #

Anna Dello Russo, Olivia and Sharon take the cake for me! It amazes me how both Annas have similar names, almost similar designations and such contrasting style ethics! :)

29. Christine July 3, 2012 at 14:12 #

I only love Jennifer Lawrence look. The rest look like a hot mess LOL. Marc is a fearless and Russo is crazy.

30. Andrea July 3, 2012 at 14:14 #

Way to go ADR! If you got it, flaunt it.

31. Little J July 3, 2012 at 18:47 #

I love Olivia here. My jaw hit the floor when I first saw Anna Dello Russo because I thought it was a TOWIE cast member :S I always love her fun approach to fashion but this was too much.

32. Foteini P. July 3, 2012 at 19:19 #

Donatella and her daughter Allegra are both SCARY!

33. anonymous July 3, 2012 at 19:59 #

the shoes marc jacobs wore, are prada :)

34. maria July 3, 2012 at 20:18 #

marc jacobs’s shoes are prada :)

35. Nat39 July 3, 2012 at 20:20 #

Olivia easily.

36. Shaina July 4, 2012 at 02:11 #

I love Jennifer Lawrence and Olivia here. They are my two favorites.

Although Anna Wintour never really wows us with something new, she does always look great, this is no exception.

And Allegra definitely won the pose off, I also prefer her look to her mother’s.

37. Jess2 July 4, 2012 at 15:34 #

Jennifer is my favourite here, effortless and chic. I don’t find Anna’s look ott, I don’t mind it but I don’t like the nose in the air pose and it is not really age appropriate. I really like Olivia’s look from the ankes up. Donatella is having a serious off day, the shoe area is scary.