Hilary Swank In Marc Jacobs – 3rd Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York

Hilary Swank attended the 3rd Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York at The New York Public Library, hosted by Rose McGowan in New York City yesterday evening.

The actress looked stunning wearing a look from the recently presented Marc Jacobs Resort 2013 collection.

Her tea-length white dress with a black lace overlay is such a dainty, feminine look for the Oscar-winning actress.

She carries the look with a lot of poise, whereas the look feels like it is overwhelming the model.

Simple accessories, including black peep-toes, a black leather clutch and silver drop earrings, completed her look.

I love the slicked back hair and pop of colour via her red nail polish.

My girl crush deepens.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Meryl Streep In Valentino Couture - 40th AFI Life Achievement Award Honoring Shirley MacLaine

Meryl Streep In Valentino Couture – 40th AFI Life Achievement Award Honoring Shirley MacLaine

Jessica Pare In Prabal Gurung - 2012 Broadcast, Cable & Video Award Celebration

Jessica Pare In Prabal Gurung – 2012 Broadcast, Cable & Video Award Celebration

24 Responses to Hilary Swank In Marc Jacobs – 3rd Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York

1. Odette June 8, 2012 at 14:04 #

I love this version on Hilary. This is a great look. But I would still like to see the runway version as a performance piece or at the MET Gala next year.

2. Alina June 8, 2012 at 14:09 #

I don’t like it. The lenght seems off.

3. Annnn June 8, 2012 at 14:13 #

Hilary is elegant, but no sex appeal at all… and when she smiles she looks almost Matt Damon, that’s weird…

4. Ioana June 8, 2012 at 14:20 #

this dress looks dated to me. it just screams “OLD”, and NOT in a good way (not even vintage).

maybe if it had been plain white or plain black, I would have liked the length, the shape. but the lace ruins it for me (even if I’m addicted with lace..).

I always thought Hilary Swank looks a little bit masculine. I don’t think the “girly/ cutesy” dresses suit her. I would prefer to see her wearing more modern, edgy, bold yet sexy pieces.

• Rebecca Z June 8, 2012 at 16:01 #

Good points. She doesn’t have a feminine look and when she dresses girly it really misses for me. I think this dress is so wrong for her–solid colors, body conscious draping are so much better for her.

• Nat39 June 8, 2012 at 20:07 #

I think this dress works well for the ‘not so girly’ Hillary – it actually softens her rather masculine (agree) appearance. She carries it off really well methinks.

• sleepy June 11, 2012 at 17:17 #

I agree completely, she just seems to like wearing a style that´s wrong for her. She looks like a tomboy trying hard to look girly.

5. Pablo June 8, 2012 at 14:22 #

Amazingly gorgeous. It would seem so difficult to pull off, but Hilary has simply got it. BDOTW is gonna be tough…

6. Christine June 8, 2012 at 14:39 #

What a interesting piece of fabric. I want to like it but it reminds me of curtains.

7. bm June 8, 2012 at 14:48 #

Can’t find a fault here. Flawless .

8. Yeliz June 8, 2012 at 14:52 #

Thank God she didn’t wore the presented version. She looks beautiful.

9. dee June 8, 2012 at 14:58 #

I don’t like this dress, yuck.

10. Susan June 8, 2012 at 15:17 #

Well, i don’t know about this. sort of looks like the dress is wearing the girl.

11. robbie June 8, 2012 at 15:22 #

hated it in the red with pink lace but hating it more in white with black lace. looks like a crappy DIY job.

12. Marybeth June 8, 2012 at 15:29 #

I really like this!
    It’s kind of vintage, kind of modern; kind of classic, kind of funky. I like it.
    And, as usual, Hillary’s styling is impeccable.

13. Asia June 8, 2012 at 15:39 #

I love the whole look. She’s glowing. BDOTW!

14. maggy June 8, 2012 at 16:01 #

I know what you mean. Another girl crush deepens over here. I love black lace on a white base and you can’t go wrong with red nail varnish.

15. Jen June 8, 2012 at 16:40 #

I think this *could* have been a knockout, if that dress had been shortened to a cocktail length. That length is even awkward on the model! As is, it just looks stiff and ill-fitting on Hilary.

16. Jess2 June 8, 2012 at 18:15 #

This is a stunning look from Hilary. The black and white is divine, and her styling and poise is just perfection.

I am pleasently surprised, going through the collection I didn’t really like any of the pieces but it appears that a comanding presence and some personal adjustments work wonders for this collection (another example is Anna Wintour’s dress from the CDFA awards). The models in the loobook do seem a bit overwhelmed by the pieces.

17. kane June 8, 2012 at 18:18 #

She looks like a cut out doll to me in it. It might look better in a less oversized fashion, but in a way that’s its charm.

18. EmmaWoodhouse June 8, 2012 at 19:52 #

I wish it was slightly more fitted and that it was floor length. Then I would like it. As is, the proportions seem off.

19. Melanie June 8, 2012 at 22:45 #

I wish this was shorter

20. rebecca o June 9, 2012 at 06:08 #

What an awkward dress. She looks like the dolly on top of a cake.

21. lin June 10, 2012 at 07:01 #

Hate the length of the skirt, but she does look better than the model. The skirt length does the model’s legs no favours.