Sonam Kapoor In Naeem Khan – Chopard And L’Oreal Party

Sonam Kapoor attended the Chopard and L’Oreal Party during the 2012 Cannes Film Festival at the Palais des Festivals yesterday evening.

The Indian actress wore a Naeem Khan Fall 2012 gown.

Her one-shoulder black gown with a white dotted print throughout is beautiful, but somehow overwhelmed Sonam.

I think it’s the shoulder detail that is making me feel this way. She should’ve placed it behind her or patted it down.

Chopard ruby jewels to match her velvet clutch completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Gwendoline Christie In Giles & Peter Pilotto -  Comic-Con 2014 & Entertainment Weekly's Annual Comic-Con Celebration

Gwendoline Christie In Giles & Peter Pilotto – Comic-Con 2014 & Entertainment Weekly’s Annual Comic-Con Celebration

Heidi Klum In Marchesa - 'The Paperboy' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Heidi Klum In Marchesa – ‘The Paperboy’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

37 Responses to Sonam Kapoor In Naeem Khan – Chopard And L’Oreal Party

1. Rebecca Z May 24, 2012 at 18:41 #

Love it–festive, fun and summery

2. Ramsay May 24, 2012 at 18:43 #

Yes totally agree – I think it’s the shoulder detail that is ruining a look that anyhow was far from perfect – just too much patterned fabric and it’s not a pattern that’s easy for the eye

3. A. May 24, 2012 at 18:47 #

I want something more glamorous for her. This is too vintagey. She looks beautiful nevertheless. I love her so much. Hope she ups her game. She can do better.

4. anu May 24, 2012 at 18:50 #

Thou the gown is pretty, sumhow its nt going too well with her skin tone..

5. Harmaj May 24, 2012 at 18:53 #

finally… a Sonam sighting in Cannes…. she’s wearing it really well…. the shoulder detail is making it interesting rather then overwhelming…

6. fromchi-town May 24, 2012 at 18:54 #

I really like this. Something unexpected and interesting. I think she looks great!

7. Nat39 May 24, 2012 at 18:59 #

It’s a nice gown, fits her well, but I find the (amount of) print itself a bit overwhelming. The shoulder detail ‘swallows’/overwhelms her neck a bit but I don’t mind it much as it adds an interesting element. Loving the touch of ruby to break up the monotony of the print but wish she’d opted for very small ruby stud earrings instead considering the oversized detail at her neck.

8. Yeliz May 24, 2012 at 18:59 #

She is so beautiful, but you’re right if the shoulder detail would’ve been behind her, it would’ve been flawless.

9. Ritika May 24, 2012 at 19:02 #

it makes her look so darn tall! all though she can pull of any thing she wears,and never has she shied from power dressing, this does look like too much fabric.
    and would not have been my first choice, if i cud pick any Naeem Khan.

10. EmmaWoodhouse May 24, 2012 at 19:05 #

I was quite excited to see Sonam at Cannes, but frankly this is a bit disappointing. The pattern is loud and not very attractive and there is just SO much fabric! The shoulder detail and the big skirt overwhelm in my opinion. I do like her ruby touches but they don’t stand out because of the dress.

11. Hannah May 24, 2012 at 19:10 #

I think that the shoulder thin gis contributing to the overwhelming quaity of the dress, but I also think that a belt, in place of the sash type belt on the dress, to break up all the pattern would have helped hugely.

12. Riley May 24, 2012 at 19:18 #

Whilst I am not crazy about the gown (shocker, as Naeem Khan is in my top 10 Fashion Gods) I am just happy to see Sonam.

I was going through Indian Goddess Withdrawal with no Freida Pinto in the last few days, Aishwarya Rai who is MIA sadly. FC do you know where Queen Rai is?

She is needed to help make this Cannes more interesting.

• Mindy May 24, 2012 at 20:09 #

She’s coming, don’t worry! :)

13. Iris May 24, 2012 at 19:29 #

don’t think this dress’d have merited a mention if it wasn’t Sonam wearing it, if you know what I mean ;)

14. Enne May 24, 2012 at 19:44 #

Sonam can do much better. Pretty dress but it’s swallowing her! hoping for better looks to come in Cannes….

15. Faria May 24, 2012 at 19:49 #

she’s looking beautiful undoubtedly..but looking forward to see more glamorous outfits.hope she really brings something electric at the red carpet.

16. Avni A Zia May 24, 2012 at 19:51 #

I’m loving the entire look there is nothing that I want to change.. Everything is just Perfect…!! she is ready to experiment I love that about her… PS she is so damn pretty!

17. Famzy May 24, 2012 at 19:52 #

I think she’s outdone the catwalk model for sure. Love the chopard she’s worn with it. Makes it all the more beautiful.

• A. May 24, 2012 at 20:03 #

ITA

18. Marybeth May 24, 2012 at 19:52 #

Nice enough, but I agree with those who think the shoulder detail is annoying. Maybe with such a high contrast pattern the detail should have been left off altogether to avoid fussiness. (?)

19. Atrayee May 24, 2012 at 20:02 #

I love the fact that she has a stlye of her own whereas others stick to a particular trend at Cannes she has a vintage style which complements her face shes lovely want to see her in an Elie Saab in the red carpet and something flattering!!

• Famzy May 24, 2012 at 20:37 #

Yes! I’d love to see her dazzle in a pastel coloured Elie Saab gown or a gown with a long train. She’d pull it off fantastically

• Famzy May 24, 2012 at 20:46 #

Yes! I’d love to see her dazzle in a pastel coloured Elie Saab gown or something with a long train. She’d pull it off fantastically!

20. Sophie May 24, 2012 at 20:33 #

Don’t like this color on her skin. No one can do colors like Indians but lately Sonam and Freida both seemed to be going for muted neutral colors. I prefer Sonam and Freida in jewel colors.

21. mm May 24, 2012 at 20:38 #

The gown overwhelms her and the model

22. SR May 24, 2012 at 21:00 #

Sonam Kapoor can wear anything and make it look beautiful. Totally love the contrasting colors of the gown. She can definitely do much better, however she still manages to look gorgeous.

23. Parvati May 24, 2012 at 21:03 #

I don’t like this dress – it looks overwhelming even on the model.

24. Dhppy May 24, 2012 at 21:27 #

This is so fun. I agree that she is somewhat overwhelmed by the gown, but it’s really interesting. I love the red clutch with it.

• Dhppy May 24, 2012 at 21:32 #

You know what this dress needs? Solange Knowles.

25. Christine May 24, 2012 at 23:00 #

Me no like. Not this time.

26. Amy May 25, 2012 at 00:53 #

I like it. I think the print is amazing and the shoulder detail doesn’t bother me

• Alina May 25, 2012 at 16:22 #

27. saby May 25, 2012 at 04:50 #

She is here. FINALLY! was expecting more out of her. This is not overwhelming, its underwhelming. especially coming from her. She is dressing older for her age. I wanted her to choose the elie saab gown that nina dobrev has already worn at the amFAR :(

28. Ana Kay May 25, 2012 at 06:07 #

Me no likey. Overwhelming. Too much fabric. Did not like the print.

29. aishairfan May 25, 2012 at 07:43 #

She is looking really nice! S for SONAM S for STYLE! I don’t want to change anything! PERFECT!! JUST PERFECT!! love u Sonam!!!
    So cannes ppl Sonam is Coming!!! Wait and Watch!!!

30. P May 25, 2012 at 09:20 #

SPECTACULAR, this girl never ever failed to amaze us. but like everyone else i also want to see something Glamorous n never seen before<3 waiting for 27th

31. Lalitha May 25, 2012 at 12:59 #

I like this and she looks sweet and fresh-faced. The rubies are drowned out; she should have worn emeralds the size of robin’s eggs….come on Chopard!! ;)