YES, yes, yes. Thanks to Jada Pinkett Smith I can strike my second Atelier Versace gown off my Cannes wish list.

The actress hit the red carpet for her ‘Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted’ premiere during the 2012 Cannes Film Festival at the Palais des Festivals this evening wearing a stunning Atelier Versace Spring 2012 gown.

The fashion gods are really smiling on me now.

Her orange fully-embellished gown with a gold metal crescent-shaped bodice and a thigh-high split is already on my BDOTY list.

Jada opted for a slicked back hairstyle and gold accessories including Jimmy Choo ‘Suki’ sandals and Lana jewelry complement her gown.

I am officially typing from the afterlife. I DIE.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Charlotte Casiraghi In Gucci -  'Once Upon A Time In America' - Gucci Film Foundation Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Charlotte Casiraghi In Gucci – ‘Once Upon A Time In America’ – Gucci Film Foundation Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Paz Vega In Stéphane Rolland Couture - ‘Madagascar 3′ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Paz Vega In Stéphane Rolland Couture – ‘Madagascar 3′ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

54 Responses to Jada Pinkett-Smith In Atelier Versace – ‘Madagascar 3′ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Alina May 18, 2012 at 19:06 #

The dress is one of the most beautiful dresses I have ever seen, but for some reason I don’t love it on her. :(

• Ioana May 18, 2012 at 19:30 #

+ 1

I think her arms look too masculine, in contrast with this beautiful sexy dress.
      The pose is weird, too. I like it more on the model from the runway.

Nonetheless, I love the dress and I’m glad another gown from the Cannes wish list came true for you, FC :)

• protyush May 18, 2012 at 19:48 #

+1…i wanted to see it either on angelia jolie or sonam kapoor…

• Médée May 18, 2012 at 20:04 #

I agree. Don’t get me wrong, Jada looks beautiful, but I feel like the full potencial of this dress is not well represented here. I feel like it could have looked even more amazing, even if I can’t say how.

I suppose that I have this feeling because of the picture of the model wearing it next to jada’s photo. It looks more dramatic on her.

Maybe it’s the updo ?

• NooG May 18, 2012 at 20:27 #

For me it’s the shoes. I love everything but the shoes.

2. Zineb May 18, 2012 at 19:10 #

Jada has been kicking a** so far. I can officially say that this year’s Cannes is the best of all Cannes
    Jada=Spectacular !

3. Tina May 18, 2012 at 19:11 #

“I am officially typing from the afterlife. I DIE.”

LOL FC. Congrats for striking several of your Cannes wish list dresses! And so early on in the festival too. Makes me wonder if they read your blog or not. :P

• Jess2 May 19, 2012 at 05:33 #

+1 Woohoo FC!! Love the dress and Jada looks great!!

4. Mol May 18, 2012 at 19:11 #

Oh no you can’t “die” FC, we need you here so badly with your off the charts coverage!! And as far as Jada, she really has blossomed lately hasn’t she? I think she really does your Versace pick justice, bringin all the right attitude, which is crucial to making gowns like this work – big yum!

5. fromchi-town May 18, 2012 at 19:11 #

I Die too …. OMG as soon I saw these images, I gave you a virtual high-five FC!!

• admmgz May 18, 2012 at 19:25 #

6. Nat39 May 18, 2012 at 19:11 #

Frankly, I’m disappointed that it’s Jada who donned this fierce gown (love it). Would love to see it on someone with more height/stature. The shoes are too big, it’s distracting, her hair and makeup are aging once again.

• Maria May 18, 2012 at 19:31 #

I totally agree with you!
      It’s not about the outfit but the attitude: I mean, she’s not Beyonce or Rihanna, why trying so hard to look (and to pose) like them?!?
      She should be more spontaneous…

• gabis May 18, 2012 at 20:00 #

+1. Her hair and makeup are really not doing any justice to the magnificent dress. Her overall styling seems poor and uninspired. It looks like she was hoping the dress would do all the work, but I’m afraid it’s not. Another problem is that the bodice really accented her fugly brawny arms and shoulders. I only hope that someone else chooses this amazing dress during the rest of the year.

• Tina May 18, 2012 at 20:08 #

That’s my thoughts exactly. I was hoping to see it on someone who is “fierce” but not trying too hard.

• DSI May 19, 2012 at 07:14 #

7. Gabriela May 18, 2012 at 19:12 #

Gad, she looks like a goddess. Amazing… Love the color against her skin, the hair is perfect for the style of the dress…. And those shoulders… Sculptural.

8. sahil May 18, 2012 at 19:13 #

this is 1 of the gowns even i wanted 2 see on the red carpet… and its finally here.. Jada luked really stunning but not a bang on look for me… and also footwears are not best suited with this look

9. Jones19 May 18, 2012 at 19:13 #

I hope you’re still alive FC :D I was hoping for this gown too, so stunning and Jada does it justice. I just wish there was a better pic of her since she looks very stiff in this one.

10. Rashmi May 18, 2012 at 19:14 #

Love the gown but not on Jada :((( but FC congrats to you!!

11. Yeliz May 18, 2012 at 19:17 #

I’m ready to make a party to celebrate the striking of the second gown off of FCs wish list in 3 days!

Jada looks drop dead gorgeous. Love, love, love it. Definitely one of the best so far.

What a great start to the weekend!

12. robbie May 18, 2012 at 19:19 #

hate the hair, that slicked back straight hair makes her look harsh, a bounchy curl would have been nice. the dress is a little tacky it screams beyonce.

• Carolina May 18, 2012 at 20:55 #

I have yet to see Jada look anything BUT harsh. I love the dress, but I too would have liked to see it on someone else (Halle?) and if Jada would just try something softer with her hair and styling, I’d take more notice.

13. Riley May 18, 2012 at 19:20 #

Her hair looks like she just got out of the shower.

But other than that I love it.

14. ash May 18, 2012 at 19:21 #

the gentleman next to her is also thanking God FC..look at his face..lol
    she looks stunning…love that the styling was nonfussy

• Fashion Critic May 18, 2012 at 19:27 #

HA…so funny

15. Amy May 18, 2012 at 19:25 #

I have to admit that the color is a success on Jada. Her game has been up lately!

16. shap_half May 18, 2012 at 19:25 #

This is the best I’ve ever seen her. She looks amazing. She’s commanding everyone’s attention with flawlessness.

17. Emily May 18, 2012 at 19:26 #

Congrats FC! Amazing! I love the colour on her, but I wish she had worn the runway shoes – they’re kinda amazing.

18. ash May 18, 2012 at 19:27 #

I don’t like it on Jada, I was thinking Fan bing Bing with a sleek high ponytail.

19. A. May 18, 2012 at 19:36 #

I like it better on the model :/. Maybe coz the model has a taller stature

20. A. May 18, 2012 at 19:38 #

But you know what… She still looks really good. I’m glad another one of your chosen gowns has been worn. Want the big Elie Saab gown next

21. Markel May 18, 2012 at 19:40 #

WOW!She looks amazing, she’s totally working the dress.

22. EmmaWoodhouse May 18, 2012 at 19:48 #

Sorry to say that I really dislike this gown. It’s a bit like a traffic cone to me. So it doesn’t work for me at all.
    However, that’s just my opinion–glad that you got your wish, FC!

23. the(un?)social butterfly May 18, 2012 at 20:13 #

Perfection.

24. Ritika May 18, 2012 at 20:30 #

I usually never get to say this- but i MUCH prefer how it looks on the model. I wish someone else had worn this.

25. Rebecca Z May 18, 2012 at 20:32 #

I think she is carrying the dress off really well which is remarkable given how tiny she is. I don’t love her hair and makeup tho–love it all from the neck down.

26. Terry May 18, 2012 at 20:37 #

Not a fan of this dress (for some reason I don’t really like it), but it looked stunning on Jada.

(She also wore Jimmy Choo Suki sandals ;)).

• Fashion Critic May 18, 2012 at 20:53 #

27. vicky May 18, 2012 at 21:13 #

Don’t like the cut of the bodice’s side, I said this when the collection first was presented and it’s still the case.
    Don’t like the shoes either.
    I haven’t seen any other pictures but I’m hoping she’s not pulling that same face in all of them…

28. Tiffany May 18, 2012 at 21:23 #

love it. just not on her.

29. Christine May 18, 2012 at 21:51 #

LOL. I shouted for Joy! When seeing this I knew FC is smiling somewhere :D 2 for 2!

I love the dress with amazing skintone but them shoes are a NO!

30. Jeremy May 18, 2012 at 22:09 #

Hot Damn!

As soon as I saw this dress on your “Cannes Wish List” – I thought to myself, “Please pleeeaase let Karolina Kurkova be the one to wear it; she’s got the height, the stature, the legs, etc”

So, yes, I admit – it does look great on Jada, but I would have prefered it on a supermodel like KK — or an actress ith a similar stature (ie: Charlize, Nicole, Rosie, etc

31. Shaina May 18, 2012 at 22:10 #

The dress is amazing, stunning really, but I also don’t love it on her. Maybe if it was on someone taller? Or a different hairstyle? It could be the shoes too?

She looks great but I’m just not wowed.

32. Parvati May 19, 2012 at 00:00 #

I’m really excited about 2 of the dresses on your wishlist having been worn during Cannes, FC, but I don’t love this dress on Jada. Maybe it’s her athletic arms that take away something from the beauty of the dress.
    Anyway, I’m also wondering if some celebrities took a look at your wishlist, because it’s going so well! :)

• jkrau June 1, 2012 at 05:58 #

I was wondering if they’re looking at her wishlist too! Celebrity stylists would come to this site, right?! I gasped when I saw that another from your list got chosen, good eye FC!

33. pipsqueak May 19, 2012 at 03:40 #

Stunning!!! The color of the dress looks so much better on her skin than on Kaisa. Her firm, toned arms matched the sexiness of the dress. Jada looked like a goddess!

34. Prudence May 19, 2012 at 06:06 #

ARE YOU PEOPLE CRAZY??? THIS IS AMAZINGGGGGGGGGG. I DIDNT KNOW JADA HAD THIS IN HER. OMG SOOO PROUDD. I LOVE LOVE LOVE. this could have been ruined by some ugly nude platforms or worst black ones but no, she knew it needed gold STRAPPY heels. i loveeee this. jada is legit gona be one of the best dressed ppl of the year.

35. Mujid May 19, 2012 at 11:45 #

I absolutely adore that a black girl got to wear this because the orange looks divine against her skin.
    Having said that, the shoes are really bad and she’s not tall enough to pull it off. A shame really.

36. bee7 May 19, 2012 at 14:59 #

i really love the dress, but she is not selling it to me. :(

37. Tom Kolovos May 21, 2012 at 12:23 #

Spectacular!

38. A. Guiseppe May 28, 2012 at 12:36 #

Jada looks like a goddess, absolutely STUNNING!, that colour on her BEAUTIFUL brown skin just euphoric, minimalist approach to hair and accessories, rightly so.This Outfit just Gives Me LIFE!, (The Shoes are a little too heavy, would have went with a strappy gold stiletto) BUT I will give her a pass!