30.03.12

Stuart Weitzman Celebrates Its Spring Collection With The Man Repeller

Earlier this week Leandra Medine aka The Man Repeller hosted a shopping event with Stuart Weitzman at the designers 5th Avenue Store in New York City.

The event celebrated Stuart Weitzman’s Spring 2012 collection which features many toe-cap pumps.

You may remember that way back in August 2011, Shoerazzi predicted that toe-cap pumps would be a big red carpet trend, and now the style of shoe is more popular than ever.

Solange Knowles was the deejay at the event.

She was as eye-catching as ever wearing mint green Stuart Weitzman toe-cap Mary Jane pumps with a white sleeveless top with a yellow skirt. Punchy pink lips completed her look.

Leandra opted for a more laidback look pairing her blush Stuart Weitzman toe-cap Mary Jane pumps with jeans, a simple grey tee and a leather jacket.

These two ladies perfectly showcase how you can dress up or dress down these heels.

You can buy the blush Stuart Weitzman toe-cap Mary Jane pumps from Shopbop.com.

Credit: Getty

Minka Kelly In J Brand & Dolce & Gabbana - Marquee At The Star Opening

Minka Kelly In J Brand & Dolce & Gabbana – Marquee At The Star Opening

Shop Her Closet

Shop Her Closet

11 Responses to Stuart Weitzman Celebrates Its Spring Collection With The Man Repeller

1. Nat39 March 30, 2012 at 19:57 #

Solange is adorable, love how all the colours play off each other and her skin tone.
    I understand where Leandra was going with dressing down these heels but her version isn’t really working for me, would’ve preferred a lighter colour denim, a more decent top in a warm creamy colour, and a less tough jacket. She didn’t dress down those heels, she pretty much killed them I think.

• mattison March 31, 2012 at 01:34 #

Totally agree. I understand wanting to look chic and effortless, but jeans and a leather jacket [especially THOSE jeans and THAT jacket] end up looking juvenile and sloppy here, especially next to a dressed-down-but-still-presentable-and-appropriate Solange. At first glance, I would have assumed Solange was hosting this event and a lucky intern was allowed to borrow some heels and jump into a quick picture before putting her sneakers back on and running a few errands.

2. Tosin March 30, 2012 at 21:48 #

These shoes really are everywhere don’t louboutin, topshop and louis vuitton do similar versions?

• Vee March 31, 2012 at 03:06 #

yeah the LV version is this season, Louboutin has the duvette which he didn’t re-lease this season in another colorway

3. Mol March 30, 2012 at 22:56 #

What a great melody of colors and proportions – I’m always looking forward to seeing Solange these days….

• Alina March 31, 2012 at 09:05 #

ITA.

4. Shaina March 30, 2012 at 23:56 #

They both look great, I don’t really have a favorite. However I am leaning more towards Solange. Solange is dressy and feminine while Leandra is much more casual and effortless. Makes it very difficult to pick a favorite.

5. ash March 31, 2012 at 03:27 #

solange looks awesome and i love the minty shoes..leandra looks good ..I love her blog:)

6. Emi March 31, 2012 at 09:05 #

I love these shoes, so beautiful!!

7. EmmaWoodhouse April 1, 2012 at 01:08 #

I don’t really like the shoes or their outfits. Leandra looked good except for the shoes–they don’t really coordinate. I’m not a fan of Solange’s look, as the material looks too stiff.

8. Jess2 April 1, 2012 at 08:10 #

While I appreciate pointy pumps, I don’t generally like them a bunch but these are gorgeous and I would definitely buy them!! Both colours are lovely :D Solange looks super cute!