09.03.12

Gearing up for the highly anticipated film, which will be hitting theatres later in the month, the cast of ‘The Hunger Games’ has embarked on a mall tour around the US, most recently stopping by the Broward Mall in Plantation, Florida, on Thursday.

The film’s star, Jennifer Lawrence, met adoring fans while wearing a chic Elie Saab asymmetrical jacket over a black cowl-neck Helmut Lang top and slouchy H&M pants.

Her black and ecru look was paired with black strappy sandals.

I love that Jennifer incorporates some of the ‘mall tour’ vibe by wearing pants from H&M, but her cheerleader-esque ponytail is a bit too literal for me.

She is a movie star, after all.

Credit: Getty

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Jennifer Lawrence In Prabal Gurung - 'The Hunger Games' LA Premiere

Jennifer Lawrence In Prabal Gurung – ‘The Hunger Games’ LA Premiere

16 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Elie Saab, Helmut Lang and H&M – ‘The Hunger Games’ Mall Tour

1. EmmaWoodhouse March 9, 2012 at 19:13 #

I like Jennifer but not this look. It is too slouchy for me and the hair is unfortunate.

2. Elle March 9, 2012 at 19:15 #

She’s so stinkin’ cute. I agree with the hair. It’s a bit messy, but she’s at the mall. Guess she wanted it to be more casual.

3. CreoleLady March 9, 2012 at 19:28 #

The pony is messy (perhaps a bit too) but I didn’t really see cheerleader. Her overall look is approachable and event appropriate, especially as she is playing a character who is 16. She’s youthful without being juvenile, so for me she strikes a nice balance.

• Juliana March 11, 2012 at 18:48 #

I agree. I think the pony and the overall feel of the look is really approachable.

4. Hannah March 9, 2012 at 19:56 #

I love her, Ireally do, her awards season last year is one of the best ever, IMO, but really?
    This has to be a joke, it’s lumpy, teh bangs are bad, the colour is bad, the knottiness is bad. My hair when I rolled out of bed this morning looked better.
    I alos find the trousers very unflattering, noen the less, though, I still am so excited for the promo tour, but she can do so much better than this.

5. ullis March 9, 2012 at 19:58 #

i love it!

6. Anj March 9, 2012 at 20:06 #

I’m really confused as to why a movie star can’t wear a pony tail. Do lowly non-celebs only wear pony tails? I think she looks great and her hair style gives the looks a more fun vibe.

7. Rahel March 9, 2012 at 20:27 #

I like the jacket. The look is okay. I don’t have anything against ponytails but they should be sleek and not so messy.

8. jane March 9, 2012 at 20:32 #

I really hope the ~Tiffany~ hair is an in joke between her, her stylist, and the rest of the promo people; otherwise, it looks ridiculous and kills the rest of the clothes.

9. dee March 9, 2012 at 20:34 #

I like everything but the pants. I think straight cut pants would look better. I kinda like the ponytail.

10. Carolina Roq March 9, 2012 at 21:36 #

The hair is very bad.

11. justme March 9, 2012 at 22:25 #

I think the hair fits the “mall tour” vibe. I do think the pants shouldn’t be loose.

12. pipsqueak March 10, 2012 at 01:08 #

This hair is for the dumb-down America. Or as you put it so well, mall tour vibe. It’s just an okay look but I like the jacket. Can’t wait to see her on the promot tour!

13. Alina March 10, 2012 at 06:15 #

The hair is tragic.

14. Natacha March 10, 2012 at 22:55 #

She looks refreshing and cute with this hairdo.
    Ok it’s not hollywood style but she does look her age and she shouldn’t try to look older just because she is a young famous actress while older actresses are trying so hard to look young.

15. Jones19 March 11, 2012 at 22:01 #

Perfect outfit for a mall tour. I’m really excited for the movie since I’ve read the book and it’s awesome. Can’t wait to see what she wears at the premieres.