Emily Blunt In Naeem Khan – ‘Salmon Fishing In The Yemen’ LA Premiere

Emily Blunt hit the red carpet for the LA premiere of ‘Salmon Fishing In The Yemen’, with Scottish actor Ewan McGregor at the Directors Guild Of America last night.

She wore a Naeem Khan Fall 2012 dress straight off the New York Fashion Week runway.

I had predicted she would pick the black embellished gown from this collection, but instead she opted for the black and white fan-dot print gazar strapless dress.

This is a refreshing, carefree chic look for Emily, as her favoured silhouette is fitted.

The British actress completed her look with the same black and white Gianvito Rossi Tuxedo shoes from we have seen on Chloe Moretz.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Datoka Fanning In Miu Miu - Cosmopolitan Fun Fearless Men And Women Of 2012

Datoka Fanning In Miu Miu – Cosmopolitan Fun Fearless Men And Women Of 2012

Freida Pinto In YSL - Cosmopolitan Fun Fearless Men And Women 2012

Freida Pinto In YSL – Cosmopolitan Fun Fearless Men And Women 2012

23 Responses to Emily Blunt In Naeem Khan – ‘Salmon Fishing In The Yemen’ LA Premiere

1. fromchi-town March 6, 2012 at 14:22 #

I love this. Emily never disappoints on the red carpet. The length could be a little shorter for more impact, but otherwise she looks great. Love the lip color.

2. AW March 6, 2012 at 14:27 #

I loooove those shoes. I don’t really find that neckline attractive on anyone and the hair is flat but I do like the silhouette.

• EmmaWoodhouse March 6, 2012 at 22:02 #

I agree completely! The skirt is quite lovely but I think it would look better with cap sleeves and an updo. The shoes are adorable. :D

• Jones19 March 7, 2012 at 20:05 #

Agreed. That neckline is terrible but the rest is nice.

3. Anna March 6, 2012 at 14:36 #

Oh, I love this SO much! A big of something-something with the hair and I would cry from joy.

Plus the skirt doesn’t look limp which so often happens with the full/circle skirt looks on the red carpet. So even more plus points to Emily.

4. Emmeline March 6, 2012 at 15:02 #

She looks adorable and the shoes are perfect. I do wish her hair had a little bit more volume too it, though. It looks pretty flat.

5. asherlev1 March 6, 2012 at 15:25 #

The length of that dress feels awkward on Emily though, and the ankle straps on those shoes aren’t helping to give her more length.

• Quinn March 7, 2012 at 00:04 #

my thought exactly!

6. CreoleLady March 6, 2012 at 15:32 #

Refreshing to see someone wear shoes that elevate a look. Not thrilled with the hair (too dark and severe; on the plus side, wonderfully glossy). Glad to see a different silhouette on Emily, with a skirt as fully fluffed as it appears on the runway.

7. Ginger March 6, 2012 at 16:07 #

What a lovely dress on a lovely lady. I think this outfit would have been *perfect* if the dress was the same length on her as on the model. As it is, it seems to drag her down a bit. But still!

8. Alina March 6, 2012 at 16:35 #

I adore the shoeeees!!!

9. Lalitha March 6, 2012 at 16:57 #

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! She looks amazing!! I want the shoes, asap!!

10. Dhppy March 6, 2012 at 17:25 #

Oh, when I looked at this collection, I zeroed in on this dress. It’s gorgeous. I wish she would have shortened it to suit her height, but still, she looks lovely. The shoes are adorable.

11. justme March 6, 2012 at 17:32 #

Awww this is just beautiful. I agree with Anna, the volume of the skirt is intact on Emily and I love those shoes.

12. dee March 6, 2012 at 17:40 #

I wish the skirt part of the dress came up to the knee. It looks a little bit overwhelming on her. I love the hair and makeup.

13. Nat March 6, 2012 at 17:46 #

I love this look, and I really really like her style, she might be too classical for someone, but I think she just have great taste.

14. Nat39 March 6, 2012 at 17:54 #

Agree with the comments above, the skirt could’ve been a tad shorter and something should’ve been done about that weak hair. Adorable shoes, love them, but personally would’ve preferred simpler shoes, without any additional details, considering how print-busy the dress is.

15. mattison March 6, 2012 at 18:18 #

Wow, I love everything about this look. Does anyone else see a resemblance to Katy Perry, though? She should take a page from Emily’s book.

16. Rahel March 6, 2012 at 19:19 #

Love it. Also the shoes. But I’m also kind of unsure if this is a bit too long.

17. andrea March 6, 2012 at 20:54 #

Love those shoes, she totally owns this outfit. Perfecto!! BDOTW??

18. Lou March 7, 2012 at 01:19 #

Would love this dress on Emily if it was a little shorter

19. Rebecca Z March 7, 2012 at 04:00 #

Adorable dress and shoes, great makeup, kind of boring hair though it looks much better in the shots where it is tucked behind her ear.