Lily Collins In Marni – Marni For H&M Collection Launch Party

Lily Collins was one of the many celebs who attended the Marni for H&M collection launch party in LA on Friday evening.

Unlike the rest of the event’s celebrity guests, Lily chose to wear a Marni Spring 2012 dress (sans sheer nude slip), rather than the H&M collection.

Whilst I’m surprised not to see her in the Marni for H&M collection, she does look so very charming in this pale blue frock.

It would’ve been a nice touch had she accessorized with the collection’s white sequined Marni for H&M collar to match her white clutch and heels.

Do you agree?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Topshop Unique Fall 2012

Topshop Unique Fall 2012

Jonathan Saunders Fall 2012

Jonathan Saunders Fall 2012

12 Responses to Lily Collins In Marni – Marni For H&M Collection Launch Party

1. Hannah February 20, 2012 at 15:22 #

I have no issues with the dress, apart fro Sofia noone looks that great in the colelction imo, so the dress is fine.
    My issue is the accessoreis. I feel like had she worn the dress with the accessories frm the collaboration it would have felt more event appropriate, like the collar, earrings or a bracelet.

2. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) February 20, 2012 at 17:23 #

+1 and the I dont think the shoes are doing her legs any favors.

3. Alina February 20, 2012 at 18:02 #

Lovely!

4. EmmaWoodhouse February 20, 2012 at 18:30 #

Don’t like the ankle strap on the sheos but otherwise this look is adorable! So glad that she didn’t wear the silly white slip :)

• EmmaWoodhouse February 20, 2012 at 18:31 #

*shoes

5. Michelle February 20, 2012 at 18:35 #

The dress is very pretty and it looks really nice on her. As for the accessories; the clutch is too big to be wearing with such a delicate little dress, and I am never a fan of white shoes in any capacity. And I agree that this particular pair is less than flattering.

6. Lee Ann February 20, 2012 at 20:05 #

slip isn’t white in real life it is actually nude . I tried the dress on and it is really really short so am confused by how it is the length that it is.The nude slip is really really stupid and renders the outfit unwearable since it is transparent and the dress is as I said v v short. Not sure about the sequinned scarf collar but wouldn’t have minded a the flowered collar from the spring summer collection.

• Fashion Critic February 20, 2012 at 22:35 #

thanks for the info

7. Nat39 February 20, 2012 at 22:15 #

Glad she kept the neckline simple and allowed her standout loose waves to do the talking, no need to overload the look with matchy white accessories – with the collar, she would´ve probably had to opt for a smaller clutch (which I certainly wouldn´t mind, it´s a bit too big) and pull her hair back.

8. Molly February 20, 2012 at 22:26 #

I think she has accentuated the wrong parts of her body in that dress, she looks a bit dumpy or something (obviously she is in no way overweight and she has a great body) but just don’t think she looks very well out together and it’s ill fitting. Those shoes are all kinds of ugly and the ankle strap doesn’t do great things to her legs either. But hair and eyebrows great!!

9. Megs22 February 21, 2012 at 01:48 #

I really do not like the shoes. Would have loved to see the collar paired with this dress.

10. lily February 21, 2012 at 08:13 #

She looks so pretty n adorable,I hope she keeps her style this adorable all the time sometimes I feel like she dresses older than she really is.