14.02.12

Victoria Beckham Fall 2012

Hot on the heels of her ‘Designer Brand of the Year’ award at the 2011 British Fashion Awards, Victoria showed that she is a real fashion force with this collection of day and evening wear looks for Fall 2012.

The sleek body-conscious dresses with signature exposed zippers, which her clientele just can’t get enough of, were sexy without being too in-your-face.

In order to keep them fresh they had contrasting panels and epaulets which provided chic military details.

Victoria’s Fall 2012 collection wasn’t just about her trademark fitted dresses; there were some shirt dresses with baseball collars, mini dresses with fluted skirts and a selection of wool coats which ranged from python-lined, single-breasted, leather-belt accented and cocoon-shaped.

The colour palette consisted of moss green, black, taupe and maroon with pops of red and cornflower blue.

Key accessories included peaked Stephen Jones beanie hats, double-wrapped leather belts, Christian Louboutin buckled boots paired with slouchy baseball socks and an array of bags and clutches which included the introduction of the ‘Harper’ bag.

We didn’t have to wait very long for VB to wear a look from this collection as she took her bow wearing a black fitted dress with her favourite Christian Louboutin ‘Daffodile’ pumps.

Front Row: David Beckham seated next to Anna Wintour

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Anne Hathaway, Blake Lively, Charlize Theron, Felicity Jones, Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Aniston, Rose Byrne, Eva Mendes, Cate Blanchett, Gisele Bündchen, Demi Moore, Paz Vega, Kate Winslet, Eva Longoria, Andrea Riseborough, Kate Beckinsale, Diane Kruger and Zoe Saldana

Credit: Style.com

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti - ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Diane von Furstenberg Fall 2012

Diane von Furstenberg Fall 2012

19 Responses to Victoria Beckham Fall 2012

1. CTgirl February 14, 2012 at 14:35 #

I really like the clean lines of this collection. I also appreciate that the sexiness is due to cut and fit without depending on plunging necklines and front slits up to the lulu.

2. Hannah February 14, 2012 at 14:36 #

I love that she always stays true to her aesthetic but no two seasons look the same.
    Also, I really can’t stop picturing the black mini dress with the collar and what looks like a skater skirt (the one on the far left in the last line of photos)on Leighton Meester.

3. Ahot February 14, 2012 at 15:13 #

OMG! she made it! I remember a time when i was thinking that all she was missing was the “We approve” stamp from La Wintour, & look who got it! I am soo happy for her, & her husband being there is the icing on the cake.
    This collection is outstanding, i wonder what she´ll come up with for her Victoria line. * can´t wait*

4. Barbs February 14, 2012 at 15:36 #

I love all the jackets! So tailored! Would love to have the money to buy one!

FC, why don’t you do the favourite pieces/dresses section this year?! I like to know what pieces you love the most :)

X

• Fashion Critic February 14, 2012 at 15:50 #

honestly, I liked the all.

5. Errun February 14, 2012 at 15:42 #

I am really happy for her achievement as a designer..we have seen so many celebrities coming up with clothesline but doing no justice to fashion..but she is an exception, she had proven that she can churn out amazing collections season after season without having to thrust her celebrity status in the forefront!!

6. Eva February 14, 2012 at 15:58 #

Hmmm it’s actually quite nice. Love the coat in the first picture. The shoes and outfits are a bit mismatched.

P.S. Joan Smalls is everywhere I look.Its kinda unnerving . Carolina Herrera, Donna Kenen, Marc Jacobs, Derek Lam, DvF, Tommy Hilfiger, Victoria Beckham, Alexander Wang, Prabal Gurung, Jason Wu to name a few.

Man this girl is busy. It would be weird not seeing her in a show.

7. mm February 14, 2012 at 17:12 #

Sexy, modern, bodycon, wearable. LOVE IT. I think my fav of her collections so far.

• Alina February 15, 2012 at 11:52 #

8. Rebecca Z February 14, 2012 at 17:14 #

a really lovely collection. If only I were thin and wealthy….

9. nkgotho matlou February 14, 2012 at 18:16 #

wow she is very good,i love the whole collection.am impressed!!!wow

10. Jones19 February 14, 2012 at 19:47 #

This is one of her best collections by far, she’s come such a long way. Love love love.

11. Ade February 14, 2012 at 20:07 #

The tailoring, OH MY GOODNESS, the tailoring. I saw HQ photos of the collection and I couldn’t get over how sickening they were.

12. EmmaWoodhouse February 14, 2012 at 20:14 #

An over-heavy hand on the styling, but a lot of these dresses are super chic and sleek! This has got to be one of my favorite collections by her.

13. elle24 February 14, 2012 at 21:46 #

Who I see wearing this collection: me!! (in my dreams…) It’s all stunning. She is so amazing.

• Fashion Critic February 15, 2012 at 00:39 #

ditto

14. What Is The New Black February 14, 2012 at 22:16 #

Yes, definitely a collection that Felicity Jones and Kate Winslet will wear! Can’t wait to see them in it!

15. BONCHEIDT February 15, 2012 at 09:41 #

She the best in the outfits is so tailored and normal that you can wear them daily unlike the stuff that i have seen so far…very original..i love it

16. gabis February 16, 2012 at 11:56 #

I’m so in love with this collection that I can’t even breath. And I find it amazing how it translates VB style so well. It almost feels like she made the collection to herself. And the Louboutin boots, I just need them right now! FC, do you have more details on the boots model?