30.01.12

Jessica Chastain In Calvin Klein – 2012 SAG Awards

Jessica Chastain was showing no signs of jet lag on the red carpet at the 2012 SAG Awards following her trip to Paris for Couture Week.

The ‘Best Supporting Actress’ nominee wore a Calvin Klein Collection dress.

Her azure-blue silk crepe bustier dress was a bit more risqué than we’re used to seeing from the actress, who accessorized her look with Harry Winston jewels.

Whilst her dress took her in a new direction, her hair was styled into luscious curls à la Veronica Lake.

Could the Oscar nom have put a spring in her step?

Credit: Getty

Get The Look: Kelly Rowland’s MTV Video Music Awards Mani

Get The Look: Kelly Rowland’s MTV Video Music Awards Mani

Naya Rivera In Naeem Khan - 2012 SAG Awards

Naya Rivera In Naeem Khan – 2012 SAG Awards

23 Responses to Jessica Chastain In Calvin Klein – 2012 SAG Awards

1. AW January 30, 2012 at 04:00 #

While I love the color, the corset-esqe top is really unattractive. Idk if highlighting a flat chest is the best choice.

• Nat39 January 30, 2012 at 06:18 #

That is exactly what throws me off the look. Love the colour.

• J January 30, 2012 at 13:19 #

I agree. This dress doesn’t work well with her body type. It could work better on a more busty actress.

2. Sonya January 30, 2012 at 04:06 #

I’d have preferred a textured fabric. This seems too samey.

3. Aline January 30, 2012 at 04:08 #

I saw it on TV and thought “this is so boring, I bet it’s a Calvin Klein”. And yep. I guess I’ll never be a Calvin Klein girl.

4. Linda January 30, 2012 at 04:11 #

She looks wonderful. It’s a bold colour with a simple cut and it works really well with her colouring and her killer body.

5. molly January 30, 2012 at 04:19 #

Beautiful, but it looked far better on camera than in the pictures. The color is much more muted in the pictures. Her hair is really nice.

6. gurlygurl January 30, 2012 at 04:42 #

This is extremely simple but the color is so pretty on her. I’m not sold on the seperated bust detail but there is a simple elegance to this overall look that works.

• Mol January 30, 2012 at 05:54 #

That seperated bust detail doesn’t convince me either, but the color and line otherwise are wonderful.

7. MG January 30, 2012 at 04:48 #

the color is amazing on her. love the earrings too

8. Amanda January 30, 2012 at 05:22 #

It’s an incredible color and it is so refreshing chic and simple…LOVE IT

9. Jess2 January 30, 2012 at 05:35 #

Bravo Jessica!! While this may be considered simple by some this is sophisticated and elegant, a wonderful colour and lets face it, she has done much worse

10. Karen January 30, 2012 at 06:01 #

I LOVE this color and the earrings as well. One of my favorite from the night.

11. Ro January 30, 2012 at 06:08 #

The cut and color of the dress is gorgeous and I love her make-up and hair but I feel like something is still missing. Is it just me?

12. Fiona January 30, 2012 at 10:08 #

Not a fan of the underwire cup bust detail. I love the colour on her and her hair and makeup are flawless, I always want her to wear a little more jewellery or something, I agree with Ro that there is always something missing.

13. SandTony January 30, 2012 at 12:10 #

Whyy? I mean she has such a beautiful face but she keeps on wearing hedious dresses and her hair always look terrible, the only look I loved on her was her Golden Globes look

14. Alina January 30, 2012 at 13:36 #

Loove!

15. Jones19 January 30, 2012 at 13:55 #

I’m willing to forgive the bust accentuating thing because this color looks so good on her.

16. Hannah January 30, 2012 at 14:39 #

As much as I don’t like the top of the dress, and even still there is something too bland about the dress, I love the colour & the styling.Hopefully she’ll do better at the BAFTAs.

17. Rebecca Z January 30, 2012 at 16:23 #

I think this is one of her best looks. You don’t have to be busty to wear this type of decollete in my opinion, and this dress deals nicely with her waist to hip transition which often is a problem for her in other dresses (not sure why).

18. Ritika January 30, 2012 at 19:20 #

I usually dont take to any kind of bust detail, but i am SOLD on this dress. Not sure she has played it up enough. I think the earrings are too blah.. And i cant help wishing her hair were longer, the red against that blue, would have looked amazing.

19. Katie February 2, 2012 at 11:59 #

I think she looks amazing and radiant, the colour and shape of the dress is perfect on her

20. Parvati February 2, 2012 at 19:07 #

The colour of this dress is beautiful and I love the matching earrings!