Menu

July 10, 2020 Runway To TV Show

HBO Max ‘Legendary’ Judges Go For Gold

Shortly after concluding season one this week, HBO Max has green lit the second season of ‘Legendary,’ the reality competition series that puts the spotlight on ballroom culture.

It was really hard not to be totally distracted by the judges, who were serving just as much (if not more) face, body and fashion as the contestants.

From left to right we have fashion stylist Law Roach.

Then rapper Megan Thee Stallion who donned a signature gold embellished corseted dress from The Blonds

The look was already high on drama and glamour, but the mask took this look into another realm.

The look was a tad (lot) tight on the chest, but Megan’s bad girl energy carried this over the line.

Actress Jameela Jamil takes the prize of best dressed here wearing an Azzi & Osta Spring 2019 Couture taupe gown.

I adore the embroidered mosaic textures of antique gold, and encrusted multicolored semi-precious stones, as they give the sculptural ball gown an edge that is very much in tune with her style.

Ballroom legend Leiomy Maldonado was very much part of the golden quartet wearing a draped keyhole lame dress designed by Eric Archibald.

As a guest judge for this episode, Kelly Osbourne didn’t get the gold memo, but she has always marched to the beat of her own drum, so I’m not surprised to see her standing out here.

In her own right, Kelly was very much on trend with her large, oversized bow.

Traditionally ladylike and feminine, the bow adds a romantic touch to her masculine suit.

Azzi & Osta Spring 2019 Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Instagram

, , , , , , , ,

Lady Gaga In Valentino Haute Couture - 'A Star Is Born' Venice Film Festival Premiere

Lady Gaga Is The Face Of Valentino’s New Perfume, ‘Voce Viva’

Lululemon US Warehouse Sale

Lululemon US Warehouse Sale

7 Responses to HBO Max ‘Legendary’ Judges Go For Gold

1. Meme July 11, 2020 at 9:08 pm #

The brown gown is gorgeous. Everyone else looks ridiculous.

2. JR July 11, 2020 at 6:33 pm #

Law has definitely crossed into “I think I am more famous than my clients so I can dress like a fashion victim and nobody will notice” territory.

3. JR July 11, 2020 at 6:32 pm #

Law has definitely crossed into the “I think I am more famous than my clients” so I can dress like a fashion victim and nobody will notice

4. Kathy Li July 11, 2020 at 3:04 am #

I’m still not sure what makes Megan or Jameela qualified to judge this show — Law I get, because at least he has the fashion cred, but the other two? I guess they needed the star power.

Leiomy is my favorite of the bunch. She looks glamorous, but not like she would have trouble sitting down. Jameela’s tiara is silly.

5. phee July 11, 2020 at 12:43 am #

Jameela looks amazing in the gown. Loves!!
    The rest are definite no’s.

6. TeaAtTwo July 10, 2020 at 9:25 pm #

The gown is very pretty. Medieval/Fantasy come to mind when I look at it.

7. JHH July 10, 2020 at 8:37 pm #

The women all look good. I just wish Megan’s dress fit her a bit better — it looks about 1/2 or 1 size too small. The girls are crying out for freedom. Law’s wig and indoor sunglasses are giving him a little bit of a fashion victim feel here.