Menu

February 24, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Kiki Layne Wore Armani Prive & Oscar de la Renta To The 2020 NAACP Image Awards

Kiki Layne In Armani Prive  2020 NAACP Image Awards

For my coverage of the 2020 NAACP Image Awards, I’m going to start with my girl Kiki Layne, who attended both the dinner and ceremony this weekend.

2020 NAACP Image Awards Non-Televised Awards Dinner:  The ‘Native Son’ actress was giving us sophisticated glamour wearing a navy velvet and lapis blue satin Armani Prive Fall 2012 strapless dress.

Even with the embellishments, the look feels so clean and simple, so I’m glad she didn’t add a necklace.

Armani has always exemplified Hollywood glamour, yet always adopts a modern approach to dressing. This look is a glowing testament to that fact.

This dress will remain timeless 20 years from now.

Armani Prive Fall 2012
Kiki Layne In Oscar de la Renta  2020 NAACP Image Awards

2020 NAACP Image Awards:   I do like this Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2020 dress.  It feels a little more understated than we are used to seeing from Kiki, but I do love that she keeps things interesting.

I was particularly keen on how the mesh detailing and floral embroidery elevate the simple cut, but my first reaction to this look was I wish she had worn the Armani to this main event.

Irene Neuwirth jewelry and Jimmy Choo ‘Kaylee’ sandals completed her look.

Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , ,

Best Dressed Of The Week

Best Dressed Of The Week

Rihanna Wore Givenchy Haute Couture To The 2020 NAACP Image Awards

Rihanna Wore Givenchy Haute Couture To The 2020 NAACP Image Awards

14 Responses to Kiki Layne Wore Armani Prive & Oscar de la Renta To The 2020 NAACP Image Awards

1. Noor February 25, 2020 at 6:16 am #

Armani dress is good looking on her than on the runaway. Perhaps it needs a matching heavy stone necklace without earrings.

2. Guest February 25, 2020 at 5:55 am #

i like both . The first one is beautiful. Kiki looks good in it. However i would like to see it on other taller women like the Duchess, Cate or Sonam.

3. SarahS95 February 24, 2020 at 9:59 pm #

That Armani gown is incredible!!! And as usual her stature and posture just elevates it to another level!
    Don’t love the de la Renta but I can just not scroll down and only enjoy the Armani!

4. Guest February 24, 2020 at 9:55 pm #

Holy shit she is STUNNING in that Armani gown. Ded. Best dressed of the week dare I say? It’s so impeccable.

5. Los_NGLS February 24, 2020 at 9:46 pm #

I agree that she should have swapped these dresses and events, but I love them both regardless.

I’m not sure if the design is altered on the Oscar, but I’m amazed by how much classier Kiki looks than the model.

Ugh, and look at the perfect length of the skirt on the Armani. LOOK AT IT! I can’t wait til her next promo tour!

6. Phee phee February 24, 2020 at 6:35 pm #

The first is lovely. feels unfinished somehow though. Maybe did need a necklace??
    Anyways its still a gorgeous dress and she looks good.
    The second fits beautifully but seems a bit dated.

7. Catarina_M February 24, 2020 at 5:51 pm #

She should have worn the Armani to the main event.

8. Originalmeme February 24, 2020 at 5:11 pm #

The Armani is stunning. I cannot believe ODL devised that ugly cheap mess that is the second dress.

9. Paola102 February 24, 2020 at 5:10 pm #

She looks really good in both. They both fit like a second skin. I like that all she needed was statement earrings. Beautiful.

10. Guest February 24, 2020 at 4:46 pm #

I wish she wore a celestial necklace with the Armani? This is controversial to me in my own mind lol. Maybe it’s the angle, but the look needed a little more oomf? Either way, don’t mind me, Kiki is elegant and gorgeous AF in that Prive.

I wish the Oscar was sheer like the runway. For these gowns to really work, you have to commit, like Gwyneth Paltrow’s bomb Antonio Berardi like 7 years ago. I honestly want to see the Oscar on Jane Fonda.

11. Guest February 24, 2020 at 4:37 pm #

The first look= cheap
    The second look= amazing.

12. Guest February 24, 2020 at 4:27 pm #

The first look is amazing — BDOTW possibility for sure and maybe even going on my preliminary BDOTY list. The second looks like a cheaper version of a dress Joan Collins would have worn on Dynasty.

13. CharlotteLG February 24, 2020 at 4:12 pm #

She looks stunning in the Armani look.
    The second one: the color of the mesh makes the dress looks cheap.

14. sueno February 24, 2020 at 4:10 pm #

Armani dress is stunning, it fits her like a glove, the colour is amazing and like Catherine said, design is timeless. Second one, not great not terrible.