Menu

December 31, 2019 Best Of

Best Dressed Of The Decade Critics’ Choice #8

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Angelina Jolie in Atelier Versace – 2011 & 2012 Golden Globes

8. Angelina Jolie in Atelier Versace – 2011 Golden Globes

8. Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – 2012 Golden Globes

I’m going to cheat a little bit, by putting Angelina Jolie’s Atelier Versace 2011 and 2012 Golden Globes moments together, because we all know that Angelina, Atelier Versace and the Golden Globes has been a magical combination this decade.

Much like the Elizabeth Banks entry, I remember these look for how they made me feel at the time.

The green was a shock, because, it was green.  A colour that felt so rare for Angelina.   I was also very enamored by the soft hair and makeup styling.

When it came to the 2012 Golden Globes I was in total shock.  When I look back at my BDOTY list from 2012, I am surprised that I didn’t even feature Angelina in my top 10.

This was by far the most fashion forward look we had ever seen from Angelina Jolie.  The styling was very much on point.

Credit: Getty

Best Dressed Of The Decade Critics’ Choice #9

Best Dressed Of The Decade Critics’ Choice #9

Best Dressed Of The Decade Critics’ Choice #7

Best Dressed Of The Decade Critics’ Choice #7

13 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Decade Critics’ Choice #8

1. Noor January 1, 2020 at 5:49 am #

I worried cause I thought no one would remember Angelina. I watched her since when I was little. She’s always on high. It’s happy to see that she could make a remarkable appearance for 10’s.

And Versace of course my favorite brand. They poses neatness unlike anyone else. It’s happy to see them together. It’s one of the greatest combination of fashion.

2. Guest January 1, 2020 at 12:15 am #

I didn’t guess that these looks would be in your top of the decade, I’m criticising that to be clear.

3. Kat December 31, 2019 at 11:43 pm #

I love how, in both, she looks ready to eat you alive. So much attitude.

4. Guest December 31, 2019 at 10:18 pm #

Oh I remember her iconic Golden Globes look was in my top 5 no less that year, and yeah, I was very surprised you didn’t include her 🙂

5. Guest December 31, 2019 at 8:49 pm #

The green looks Dynasty In a bad way with those dated shoulders. The white — those shoooesss, to echo Shuri. Ugh. I do love the beauty look with the white though. Ah well, I respect FC so much that I will re-consider, lol.

6. Phee phee December 31, 2019 at 6:26 pm #

That 2012 look was just phenomenal. It was my fave from back then and still now. She looks so so amazing. The styling was just so perfect. Its hard to stop looking every time I see that pic!
    Love the green too. Its almost always astonishing to see her in color. She looked amazing!

7. Guest December 31, 2019 at 6:07 pm #

The green one *chef kiss* also I love this count down format!

8. KseniaBradner December 31, 2019 at 5:32 pm #

The green is the best Atelier Versace Angelina has ever worn because it has actual personality, classic Hollywood Glamour, and natural sex appeal.

9. MissHebble December 31, 2019 at 5:10 pm #

Of the two, the 2012 look has my heart. That green is beautiful but the pops of red take the latter to the next level.

10. Guest December 31, 2019 at 5:05 pm #

The 2011 look still has not grown on me over the years but the 2012 look has. Still not “best of the decade” for me but may be best of the decade for Angelina.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards December 31, 2019 at 6:10 pm #

The reason why I am posting individually, is because I wanted explain the why I love each look, as most of my love is totally emotional.

It might not be the right way to pick.

• Guest December 31, 2019 at 9:50 pm #

Of course it is, a big part of fashion is art and communication and the invoking of feeling(s) within the viewers and will vary, sometimes wildly amongst individuals.
      This isn’t the writing of a constitution. Sometimes there’s politics and bias and rational criticism behind a feeling but in general, I don’t know why people get sniffy over others’ love or dislike of an outfit. We can respectfully put our personal views across without dismissing those who disagree.

11. Guest December 31, 2019 at 4:59 pm #

I remember the 2012 look vividly, I think there’s still a small dent from when my jaw hit the floor upon seeing this. That red fold against that amazing red lip. *Swoons again*
    The green look I thought was just nice but has grown on me so much over the years. It brings out her eye colour so well and I love the soft styling choices.