Menu

December 2, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Tilda Swinton Proves She Is The Perfect Muse For Haider Ackermann A The Marrakech Film Festival

Tilda Swinton blew me away this evening (December 2) while taking to the red carpet for the 2019 Marrakech International Film Festival, that I’m going to start with her third look, rather than her second from this weekend.

As you know I’m obsessed with Tilda’s style, so excuse me while I gush over just how elegant she looks in this latest custom look from her favourite designer, friend, and stylist (I believe), Haider Ackermann.

If you weren’t already convinced Haider Ackermann and Tilda Swinton were a match made in fashion heaven, perhaps you will now.

Haider Ackermann’s Fall 2019 collection was rife with colour blocking, and that effect is shown on this custom design.

I adore how the colours are so rich individually, and come together to create such a dramatic impact despite the simplicity of the design, which is tailored to precision.

Factor it pose that creates a breath-taking shape, the stylistic way she’s teased her hair and fuchsia pink lip, and I’m pretty much trying to regulate my breath upon seeing this.

Tilda Swinton In Chanel - Marrakech Film Festival

On Sunday (December 1), Tilda attended a tribute to Bertrand Tavernier during the Film Festival.

Now, I don’t expect her to do Haute Couture glamour for every occasion, but I would be lying if I said I was as enamored by this Chanel Spring 2020 look, as I was with today’s outing.

My issue with this look is that it feels like it’s two sizes too big for Tilda.

Chanel Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , ,

Jennifer Lopez Rocks Dolce & Gabbana & Saint Laurent Promoting 'Hustlers' & 'It's My Party Tour'

Jennifer Lopez Rocks Dolce & Gabbana & Saint Laurent Promoting ‘Hustlers’ & ‘It’s My Party Tour’

Rihanna In Fenty - The Fashion Awards 2019

Rihanna In Fenty – The Fashion Awards 2019

17 Responses to Tilda Swinton Proves She Is The Perfect Muse For Haider Ackermann At The Marrakech Film Festival

1. Guest December 4, 2019 at 8:56 am #

The first look is everything!
    The fit, the colours, her styling, everything fell in the right place.

The second look, almost can’t believe that is Tilda, it’s so frumpy

2. Guest December 4, 2019 at 6:38 am #

The first one is BTOW for me. Maybe even BTOY just because of the cut and the pose. Damn, I’m so glad this woman exists.

3. Sharon M December 3, 2019 at 12:47 pm #

First look is great, the second is horrible, including those shoes.

4. Guest December 3, 2019 at 10:02 am #

The first outfit is drop dead gorgeous. Stunning. The second one, not so much.

5. Catarina_M December 3, 2019 at 9:12 am #

I love the first look, it’s so elegant and statuesque. BDOTW contender.
    The second one, not so much, it’s too big and those flats are awful.

6. CharlotteLG December 3, 2019 at 8:42 am #

Perfect in Haider Ackermann, as usual.
    The Chanel look is boring, as usual with Chanel.

7. Guest December 3, 2019 at 6:13 am #

Wow, the Ackerman is absolute perfection. Fits her like a glove and I love the colors. The Chanel is disappointing as we see just how much better she can do.

8. Phee phee December 3, 2019 at 5:10 am #

Ooooo. that first is amazing!! Another personal best in book.
    Another BDOTW candidate too.
    The colours are so rich and the fit is flawless on her.

The second is frumpy and awful.

9. Guest December 3, 2019 at 2:41 am #

BDOTW. Amazing. The Chanel look is whatever compared to Ackerman look.

10. JasLinds December 3, 2019 at 1:51 am #

Tilda and Haider = perfection. Love those colours and tailored to perfection.

11. KseniaBradner December 3, 2019 at 12:21 am #

I didn’t like the olive top in the Ackerman in the red carpet photo but her Instagram pic is gorgeous and shows off the look to perfection better than the red carpet.

The Chanel is frumpy and awkward on her and the shoes are horrid. She’d get a pass on flat shoes if she had foot surgery or something but she was fine in those Manolos.

12. Vizual Ninja December 2, 2019 at 11:56 pm #

Totally agree with the others, the HA is so chic and cool, perfect for Tilda. But that Chanel, it’s hard to make a woman like her look frumpy, but that dress accomplishes that.

13. Guest December 2, 2019 at 11:40 pm #

The first look, the Haider Ackerman, is amazing which as CreoleLady says makes the Chanel look even more “ghastly.” The Chanel dress looks like she is getting ready to play Merlin — truly awful.

• Guest December 2, 2019 at 11:41 pm #

I won’t even talk about the shoe situation with Chanel look.

14. Guest December 2, 2019 at 11:14 pm #

Tilda in that Ackerman is BDOTW-worthy. The Chanel is even more ghastly in comparison.

15. Guest December 2, 2019 at 10:51 pm #

The Chanel looks as if she saved up her fabulousness for the divine Haider Ackermann outing. You teach a whole degree on the HA’s cutting and colouring skills.

16. Guest December 2, 2019 at 10:41 pm #

She looks absolutely stunning in the HA. The combination of rich hues is beautiful.