Menu

November 27, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Silvia Abascal Goes Hood For 2019 Vanity Fair Person of The Year Awards

Silvia Abascal Goes Hood For 2019 Vanity Fair Person of The Year Awards

Silvia Abascal attended the 2019 Vanity Fair Awards held at the Royal Theater on Monday (November 25) in Madrid, Spain.

The ‘La Catedral del Mar’ actress has always had impeccable style, but even I wasn’t ready for this.

As a huge fan of Naeem Khan, I was delighted to see Silvia bring the designers glittering pieces back to the red carpet.

It feels like a long time since we last saw Naeem Khan dominate the red carpet.

Between the hooded tunic, and flared trousers, she was oozing with plenty of ’80s flare.

I can instantly picture Sharon Stone or Uma Thurman in this look.

Hoods on the red carpet are a very rare occurrence.

The last person I recall was Irina Shayk in Atelier Versace for ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival premiere.

Naeem Khan Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , ,

Gwen Stefani & Eve Reunite For Iconic 'Rich Girl' Performance On 'The Voice'

Gwen Stefani & Eve Reunite For Iconic ‘Rich Girl’ Performance On ‘The Voice’

Melissa Barrera Rocks Gingham & Playful Polka Dots For The 'Vida' SAG-AFTRA Conversation

Melissa Barrera Rocks Gingham & Playful Polka Dots For The ‘Vida’ SAG-AFTRA Conversation

11 Responses to Silvia Abascal Goes Hood For 2019 Vanity Fair Person of The Year Awards

1. Guest November 28, 2019 at 2:12 pm #

It reminded me to Anne Hathaway`s met ball 2015 look, with that golden hooded dress.

2. Guest November 28, 2019 at 10:36 am #

This is incredibly chic and bold. I agree that she wears it much better than the model, her styling is impeccable and she has the kind of mature allure that suits the outfit.

Thank you as always for featuring Spanish red carpets, Catherine.

3. KseniaBradner November 28, 2019 at 3:32 am #

I was captivated by the mystery on the runway and love it on Silvia. I like the way she’s posing, it’s a very coquettish in a French way.

4. Guest November 28, 2019 at 12:09 am #

It looks chic with the hood giving glamorous and kinda cool intrigue.
    Isabelle Huppert, Juliette Binoche and as long shot Monica Bellucci came to mind as other wearers.
    Also, It’s still not a Cannes favourite but I rather like Irina’s Versace gown looking at it now.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 28, 2019 at 7:33 am #

I love your list. Juliette especially

5. Guest November 27, 2019 at 9:11 pm #

Fabulous!!!! I would love this on Sharon Stone.

6. Phee phee November 27, 2019 at 8:49 pm #

Its lovely. It works so nicely. She looks chic.

7. ? November 27, 2019 at 7:30 pm #

She wears it better than the model I think. It looks more different and modern while on the model it looks a little bit dated for some reason. Very interesting look.

anonymous as always

• Guest November 28, 2019 at 1:52 am #

I think it’s likely because of the shoulder pads and the bright red lips( not to mention the flared pants and hood). On Silvia the shoulder look less exaggerated and her choice of lip colour tones down the 80s vibe as well.

8. Guest November 27, 2019 at 7:19 pm #

J’adore (!) hood included, I’m a fan.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 27, 2019 at 7:47 pm #