Menu

October 28, 2019

Alicia Vikander Opens Tokyo  Film Festival With 'The Earthquake Bird' In Louis Vuitton

Swedish actress Alicia Vikander and Japanese actor Naoki Kobayashi attended at the opening ceremony of the 2019 Tokyo International Film Festival at held at Roppongi Hills on Monday (October 28) in Japan, where they were promoting their new mystery film ‘The Earthquake Bird.’

Alicia Vikander: After a succession of black looks from Alicia, I was bowled over by this purple custom gown by Louis Vuitton.  The piece almost feels Edwardian in its design, but that’s not to say it’s old fashioned.  Quite the opposite.  The look is very feminine and elegant, presenting one of Alicia’s best Louis Vuitton looks of 2019.

Naoki Kobayashi:  And there is no way we could ignore Naoki.  His crushed velvet suit was presented in the most heavily shade of plum.  I just wish the shoes had matched as black feels very heavy here.

Credit: Getty

, , , ,

2019 Governors Awards Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

2019 Governors Awards Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2019 Governors Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2019 Governors Awards?

14 Responses to Alicia Vikander Opens Tokyo Film Festival With ‘The Earthquake Bird’ In Louis Vuitton

1. Guest October 31, 2019 at 7:26 pm #

She’s beautiful as is the color, but not sure I love that 1980s waist on the dress.

2. Guest October 29, 2019 at 7:03 pm #

They both look amazing! The color and dress on Alicia is divine.

3. KseniaBradner October 29, 2019 at 1:34 pm #

HOLLYWOOD NAOKI IS RIGHT.THERE. Good lord is his Beau-ti-ful.

This is a lovely gown. LV is so redundant their best work is in customs…that is *not* a good thing actually. But this is a stunner. Excellent design. Kudos to Alicia’s stylist Victoria Sekrier for leading Louis Vuitton on the right path for her client.

4. _Hannah_ October 29, 2019 at 10:51 am #

Alicia looks charming, love the colour and silhouette of the dress.
    Naoki definetly should be on BDOTW list. He looks stunning and it’s hard take eyes off him.

5. Catarina_M October 29, 2019 at 9:12 am #

One LV look that I don’t hate. The colour is amazing and Alicia looks great.
    But Naoki… Damn! BDOTW for sure.

6. CharlotteLG October 29, 2019 at 7:57 am #

Alicia : I can’t believe this is LV as I don’t hate it! The color is gorgeous, the dress is pretty meh. But still, I take this over any other LV designs.
    Naoki : He looks great, I love the color. The shoes could have been better tough.

7. Phee phee October 29, 2019 at 5:16 am #

Naoki looks amazing. just hot. I adore the color on him.
    Alicias color is good too. I just feel most struck by naoki.

8. JasLinds October 29, 2019 at 1:00 am #

One of Alicia’s best looks and definitely one of the best LV offerings we’ve seen this year.
    Also, Naoki! Those colours! Yes!

9. Guest October 29, 2019 at 12:38 am #

I love Alicia’s look. Makeup is on point and the color looks great on her. One of her best red carpet looks. I’m glad to see her stylist ditched the weird preference over juvenile looks and her recent style and makeup are more mature than before.

10. Jess Mara October 29, 2019 at 12:29 am #

One of my favourtie looks form Alicia in a while but I can’t take my eyes of Naoki – BDMOTY contender and should be on the BDOTW this year.

11. Guest October 29, 2019 at 12:08 am #

One of Alicia’s best looks in a while. It’s also good evening look from LV which is rare. It’s got a bit of Nicholas’ current period piece obession but done well and that colour is for hypnotic.

12. Guest October 29, 2019 at 12:01 am #

Hello Naoki, purely fashion wise he’s BDOTW/Y candidate

13. Vizual Ninja October 28, 2019 at 11:17 pm #

One of my favorite looks from her I think, it still has that touch of quirky charm she likes but still relatable, another BDOTW for me. What a gorgeous man beside her, I think I just discovered today that I hate velvet, love the colour on him though.

14. ? October 28, 2019 at 10:39 pm #

Alicia looks great indeed, but I got too distracted and all my attention went to the eye candy Naoki Kobayashi is ?

anonymous as always