Menu

September 24, 2019

For the Emmy Awards after parties, most celebrities changed into a new outfit, like Mandy Moore…well, kinda.

For the Walt Disney Television Emmy Party on Sunday (September 22) in Los Angeles, Mandy didn’t veer too far from her Brandon Maxwell custom red carpet look.

She simply removed the cummerbund and replaced the top for a bralet.

Considering most weren’t fans of the original top, did you view this look as an improvement?

I have no problem with bralets, but the cut and shape of this one didn’t quite work for me.

Am I alone in saying it cut, sits and fits awkwardly?

You’ll also note that the aging hairstyle from the main event has been replaced by softer curls.

Credit: Getty

, , , ,

Eva Green Goes From Asymmetric To Galactic In  Iris van Herpen Haute Couture Promoting 'Proxima' At  San Sebastian Film Festival

Eva Green Goes From Asymmetric To Galactic In Iris van Herpen Haute Couture Promoting ‘Proxima’ At San Sebastian Film Festival

Jennifer Morrison Shines In Reem Acra For The HBO Emmy Awards After Party

Jennifer Morrison Shines In Reem Acra For The HBO Emmy Awards After Party

9 Responses to Mandy Moore Swaps Brandon Maxwell, For Brandon Maxwell At The Walt Disney Emmy Party

1. Guest September 25, 2019 at 12:51 pm #

I agree with commenters like Jess Mara that the cut on the side of the bralet is off. It’s making me uncomfortable, as if there was something not quite finished. I keep picturing this with something like a luxurious white shirt, but I understand how this is more modern and daring. A clever take on the afterparty change.

2. Guest September 25, 2019 at 11:58 am #

This is awful head to toe. She tries too hard

3. Guest September 25, 2019 at 7:20 am #

Did she do something with her face?
    I just thought it’s bad make-up but now I’m not sure.

Two bad looks in one night – that’s new for Mandy.

4. Jess Mara September 25, 2019 at 12:38 am #

I much prefer her hair like this and the bralet is cute but I think the shape cutting up the side is a bit weird. It’s actually not very flattering and could have been soooo much better

5. Paola102 September 24, 2019 at 8:51 pm #

The top is so not flattering. Doesn’t fit, looks awkward and unfinished. I agree, the hair is better here.

6. Guest September 24, 2019 at 8:41 pm #

I take what you say about the bralet but I still prefer this to the awards show look. Here she looks like the daughter of the woman that took to the earlier red carpet.

7. Guest September 24, 2019 at 8:00 pm #

I expected so much more from Mandy… disappointing. The top looks AWFUL. Love the red skirt but the top could have been so much better

8. Guest September 24, 2019 at 7:59 pm #

nothing about this looks nice. like you said, the cut and shape is SO OFF. it could have been so fierce but it isn’t at all.

9. Guest September 24, 2019 at 7:41 pm #

I prefer this over her original look. However, her bra looks really weird. It seems to be sewed last minute.