Menu

September 24, 2019 Photocall, Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Eva Green Goes From Asymmetric To Galactic In  Iris van Herpen Haute Couture Promoting 'Proxima' At  San Sebastian Film Festival

Eva Green was seen at the 67th San Sebastian Film Festival on Saturday (21st September), where she attended the photocall and premiere for ‘Proxima,’ in which she features as the lead actress.

She stars as an astronaut struggling to balance her work life in space with family time.

Consequently, it was a day for Eva to show off the otherworldly parts of her personal style.

Known for having gothic and alternative elements in many of her looks, the actress was seen in some visually intriguing outfits.

‘Proxima’ San Sebastian Film Festival Photocall: Sticking to head-to-toe black in a striking dress from Alexander McQueen, this was a perfect fit for the actress, accentuating her individual sense of style.

With the asymmetric details and interestingly belted waistline, this look evokes feminine flair that is hard to not fall in love with.

Styling the look with loosely waved tresses and natural makeup kept things sultry, with black wedges completing the look .

‘Proxima’ San Sebastian Film Festival Premiere: Eva decided to amp up the avant-garde for the premiere later in the evening.

Stepping out in Iris van Herpen Fall 2019 Haute Couture, Eva pulls of this eccentric piece with amazing ease.

I am a sucker for experimentation in fashion, especially when it is done so well.

Keeping to the cinematic theme of space, this look shines with a futuristic feel as Eva looks like a goddess from another planet.

Eva hair kept long and slick, when a simple bun would’be been preferred, however, I cannot wait to see what she wears next.

Iris van Herpen Fall 2019 Haute Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , ,

Regina King's Green Glam In Christopher John Rogers For The HBO Emmy Awards After Party

Regina King’s Green Glam In Christopher John Rogers For The HBO Emmy Awards After Party

Mandy Moore Swaps Brandon Maxwell, For Brandon Maxwell At The Walt Disney Emmy Party

11 Responses to Eva Green Goes From Asymmetric To Galactic In Iris van Herpen Haute Couture Promoting ‘Proxima’ At San Sebastian Film Festival

1. Guest September 30, 2019 at 11:54 pm #

I really dislike everything about her Iris look which shocks me because I love the designer.

2. Guest September 25, 2019 at 12:58 pm #

Thank you for covering a bit of the Zinemaldia in your blog, Catherine! I understand you’re so busy with events these weeks, but it’s so nice to see a Spanish red carpet from time to time! <3

Love the first look, even the sandals look appropriate for a photocall close to the La Concha beach. I agree with other commenters that the lining on the second one is…unfortunate. Very lacklustre beauty look, too.

3. Jess Mara September 25, 2019 at 12:56 am #

I love the first look on Eva – she carries it off well and it’s a great dress. I do wish she had gone with lighter shoes/sandals but I can look past that.
    The second gown I love but the lining is putting me off adding this to a BD list.

4. Guest September 24, 2019 at 7:30 pm #

For the first dress wish she had worn sandals or pumps that didn’t have a ankle straps or thin ones.
    I can see why some might find Van Herpen on the red carpet starting to feel samey but I’m delighted to see her work. Sadly the lining doesn’t work on Eva as well as it did on the runway.

5. Guest September 24, 2019 at 5:27 pm #

IvH has bored me with these samey dresses, even though they looked rather interesting when I first saw them. They need to bring up something new.

6. Guest September 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm #

Eva looks unkempt and dare i say unwashed in the first picure
    I feel like she is late to the game with that IVH collection. Its been worn so many times by so many others and so much better.

7. Paola102 September 24, 2019 at 4:26 pm #

The first dress is so nice! I love all the details that work very well together. It fits so well too.
    The second dress is mesmerizing. The lining really bothers me though. it’s too visible….but I don’t what else she could have done except go the all sheer route.

8. Guest September 24, 2019 at 4:05 pm #

The lining is cheap but she still looks amazing
    Anybody that wears iris van herpen is always going to appear on the best dressed of the week list

At the end of the year, I would like it if you could make a compilation of all the ladies who wore iris van herpsen this year.

9. Catarina_M September 24, 2019 at 3:35 pm #

Eva rocks the first look. The same can’t not be said about the second look: the very visible lining kills it for me. And that hair… I barely recognise her.

10. Noor September 24, 2019 at 3:35 pm #

Black dress is a little beauty. Eve has styled it in a good way. Can’t stand with the fabric though.

And for the second I agree with JHH. Lining is a disaster. Also hair & makeup. I don’t remember who… but the last person who dressed a colourful one from this collection, made it memorable.

11. Guest September 24, 2019 at 3:20 pm #

The black dress has a lot going on but Eva works it. She looks great. I am no a huge fan on Iris van Herpen but Eva is a great fit for this dress. This one works though I wish the lining/illusion was bit more refined and was more flowing. As it is, the lining sort of ruins the ethereal nature of the dress.