Menu

September 11, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Cynthia Erivo In Christian Siriano – ‘Harriet’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Cynthia Erivo In Christian Siriano - 'Harriet' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Cynthia Erivo attended the 2019 Toronto International Film Festival premiere for ‘Harriet’ on Tuesday (September 10)  in Canada.

You might be thinking, why this picture?

Well it was the only one in where her hands weren’t clasped at the waist.

Cynthia is very petite, so I wanted the full range of this Christian Siriano Resort 2020 look to be on show.

The British actress is one of our red carpet dare devils.

At times she bites off more than she can chew, but I think she jusssst makes this ruffled creation work.

I love the deeper hue of this gown against her skin-tone, especially for this Fall season.

I adore how the braided hairband amps up the femininity of the look without making it feel too twee, but I wish the gown was just a tad shorter.

An inch or two would’ve allowed it to sit better.

Christian Siriano Resort 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , ,

Renee Zellweger In Ulyana Sergeenko - 'Judy' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Renee Zellweger In Ulyana Sergeenko – ‘Judy’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Rihanna Didn't Wear Fenty For Her Savage X Fenty Show

Rihanna Didn’t Wear Fenty For Her Savage X Fenty Show

9 Responses to Cynthia Erivo In Christian Siriano – ‘Harriet’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

1. Jess Mara September 12, 2019 at 7:48 am #

I love it in the lookbook but definitely not on her. Shame cause it had potential

2. Guest September 12, 2019 at 12:37 am #

I agree that the dress should be shorter – however I appreciate that she takes risks and I’m excited to see all her awards run looks, at least they will be different!

3. Guest September 11, 2019 at 11:22 pm #

It looks amazing in the lookbook.
    Here it feels something is missing, maybe the angle in which the photo was taken.

4. Phee phee September 11, 2019 at 10:35 pm #

There isn’t one thing I like here. Nope nope
    The dress looks so cheap and so overwhelming on her. The fabric is horrid and im surprised again that im saying this about a Siriano dress.
    The headpiece, the styling is all no.

5. Guest September 11, 2019 at 7:11 pm #

6. Guest September 11, 2019 at 6:28 pm #

So beautiful. She dressed like a leading lady
    A true star. Too bad her movie was panned, negative reviews across the board.

The matching head band is too much but its cynthia, her style is colourful and playful.

There are more flattering pictures of her in this gown . The colour is beautiful against her skin tone. BDOTW nominee

7. Guest September 11, 2019 at 4:43 pm #

Argh, I wish it had been adjusted for her height so that slightly bunching effect on the skirt wasn’t present but overall I do rather admire this dress on her. The braid and skull jewellery just look off though.

8. Guest September 11, 2019 at 3:36 pm #

I wish this gown had a slit and you are so right, the hem needs to be shortened just a bit. It’s a lot of gown for such a petite lady. The color is yummy, but not sure this is her best look.

9. Guest September 11, 2019 at 2:29 pm #

She is too tiny for this dress. It overwhelms her and the headband looks crazy.