Menu

Margot Robbie In Chanel - 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

If  Margot Robbie was an entrant to the Eurovision song contest, she would’ve received “nul points” from you, the judges, for her look last night.

But she had a chance to win you back at the photocall for ‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’ during Cannes Film Festival today (May 22) in France.

The actress wore a long white muslin Chanel Spring 2019 Haute Couture dress with Chanel Fine Jewelry.

There’s a gentle elegance to this look which I hugely appreciate.

It would even make a truly romantic option for a modern bride, just like it’s the perfect look for a photocall along the French Riviera.

As much as I love the look, I’m not that crazy about her hairstyle.

Embed from Getty Images
Chanel Spring 2019 Haute Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , ,

Sonam Kapoor In Ashi Studio Couture - Garden Kings Collection by Chopard Launch

Sonam Kapoor In Ashi Studio Couture – Garden Kings Collection by Chopard Launch

Marion Cotillard In Balmain & Ludovic de Saint Sernin - 'Matthias Et Maxime' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Marion Cotillard In Balmain & Ludovic de Saint Sernin – ‘Matthias Et Maxime’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

24 Responses to Margot Robbie In Chanel – ‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

1. Guest May 24, 2019 at 9:22 pm #

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxxYFBbnalf/?igshid=7758otvltnrx the hairstyle was a little tribute to Sharon Tate.

2. Guest May 23, 2019 at 9:22 pm #

love the beauty and hair look with this one!!!

3. Charlotte2019 May 23, 2019 at 2:16 pm #

plain dress,weird hair,this could eailsy be a piece from Forever 21 and not a pretigious fashion house like Chanel.

4. Jess Mara May 23, 2019 at 1:57 pm #

As an Australian I don’t really like the assumption that just because she’s Australia she can not carry off Parisian chic but I totally agree that in this instance it’s not working for her. I think it’s just the hairstyle that is letting her down.

5. Guest May 23, 2019 at 1:56 am #

I guess the look is all about homage to Sharon Tate, California girl but really not interesting.

6. Phee phee May 22, 2019 at 11:34 pm #

I just see now that they called this ‘haute couture’.
    WHATTTTTT?
    whats the definition of couture then? cause I can easily find this kind of dress at a beach store….looks just as fine.

7. Vizual Ninja May 22, 2019 at 7:08 pm #

This looks like a house frock. There are much better ways to pay homage, people have successfully pulled off retro looks. Between yesterday and today, it doesn’t even seem like she & her team are trying.

8. Guest May 22, 2019 at 7:01 pm #

It’s not actively terrible, but I guess I never really got her style. And her and Chanel, as others have pointed out before, is just not a good match.

9. Guest May 22, 2019 at 5:25 pm #

Meh 🤷

10. Violet Delights May 22, 2019 at 6:09 pm #

Oh Margot, part 2.

11. CharlotteLG May 22, 2019 at 6:07 pm #

I find this look pretty boring and it does nothing for her.

12. Guest May 22, 2019 at 6:07 pm #

It was a nice outfit but then they chose that awful hairstyle. Sharon Tate wasn’t even a hippie.

• Guest May 23, 2019 at 8:16 am #

Actually, Sharon once had her hair in excatly the same style.

• Guest June 5, 2019 at 2:11 pm #

Fair enough, now I just find it a bit lame recreating a hairstyle she wore at some point.

13. Guest May 22, 2019 at 6:03 pm #

Do you have this OK dress to wear at the premiere and choose to wear THAT THING she wore last night? THOSE PANTS AND SHOES? Honestly, it gets more and more difficult to understand Margot and her team.

Did they unintentionally switched the looks and when they realized it was too late? I can’t believe!!!

And please, understand: I do not find this dress a big Cannes premiere dress. It’s an OK dress at best, but it would look so much better if she was wearing this at the premiere… What a sad and lost oportunity.

And the hair pays homage to Sharon Tate. But still looks silly to me.

#FreeMargotRobbieFromChanelAndKateYoung

14. Phee phee May 22, 2019 at 5:55 pm #

cute I suppose. but boy, am I ever sick n tired of all-white (all-black too) outfits. So boring.
    Photocall looks dont have to be dull or predictable.

15. Guest May 22, 2019 at 5:52 pm #

She needs a new stylist. She’s at Cannes not some beach party in Malibu.

16. Guest May 22, 2019 at 5:51 pm #

Margot’s style MO is – California Barbie. Chanel represents – Parisian chic. As far as I know both those phrases are antonyms. The sooner Margot realises this, the less she’ll embarrass herself. Apart from what I am assuming is handmade lace, nothing about this look says couture to me.

17. OGCaroline May 22, 2019 at 5:50 pm #

So gorgeous.

18. Guest May 22, 2019 at 5:40 pm #

Without making a value judgment, Margot is an Australian beach girl and it shows. So her Chanel partnership will never result in greatness imo.
    I also don’t understand the half-assed braids :/

• Guest May 22, 2019 at 5:46 pm #

there is a picture of sharon tate with same hairstyle so i suppose it’s kind of homage to her

• Guest May 22, 2019 at 9:09 pm #

So true! This is exactly why I was so surprised when Chanel announced her as an ambassador. I mean sure she’s beautiful, but she’s from the Gold Coast (for those that don’t know, it is a very casual and very beach-y city in Australia) and she mostly just looks uncomfortable in Chanel.

This is ok I guess, I don’t love it and it doesn’t look like couture. I wish she had opted for something from their latest resort collection. It had so many cute and wearable pieces!

• Charlotte2019 May 23, 2019 at 2:15 pm #

Marggot is a very beautiful girls who posses an retro aura, in her early works on television,she looked absolutely stunning in vintage looks.she gives me a young Sophia Loren vibe sometimes.
      we could only blame the current Chanel aesthetic, which is not very sophisticated and not much Parisian chic

19. Guest May 22, 2019 at 5:39 pm #

Meh dress and awful hair. This is supposed to be Cannes for goodness sake and you wear this dress that looks like you should be picking daisies somewhere. I know it’s Chanel but still, no.