Menu

April 30, 2019

Karolina Kurkova’s Goes Floral For The ‘Save Venice Gala’

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Karolina Kurkova Celebrates The BUTTERFLY Opening at SIXTY SoHo in Johanna Ortiz

On Friday (April 26), prior to the celebration of the opening of ‘Butterfly,’ a new bar and lounge at SIXTY SoHo, the after-party saw the brightest and buzziest of New York’s glitterati descended on the storied Plaza Hotel for Save Venice’s annual masquerade ball.

Karolina Kurkova was in attendance looking as beautiful as ever in Johanna Ortiz Spring 2019 dress.

Designed with feminine flourishes, such as the delicate floral pattern and pronounced ruffles, this piece was likely to leave a lasting impression.

Did this look need the shawl lapel blazer?

No, but it doesn’t take away any of the shine from this gorgeous piece.

Credit: Angela Pham/BFA.com for Butterfly at SIXTY SoHo

Anne Hathaway Promotes 'The Hustle' In All Black

Anne Hathaway Promotes ‘The Hustle’ In All Black

Tilda Swinton Wears Chanel To The Film Society Of Lincoln Center's 50th Anniversary Gala

Tilda Swinton Wears Chanel To The Film Society Of Lincoln Center’s 50th Anniversary Gala

6 Responses to Karolina Kurkova’s Goes Floral For The ‘Save Venice Gala’

1. SarahS95 May 1, 2019 at 1:35 am #

This is gorgeous, I just wish she would’ve taken off the blazer since she is inside! Would love to see the look without it

2. Guest May 1, 2019 at 1:14 am #

For me this look is about her poise, apart from the gorgeous dress and blazer. And I am also lusting over the floral jacket with Nike sneakers on the gentleman behind her. I see 2 pairs of sneakers in this pic and the blond woman is wearing boots with her dress if I am not wrong. Gotta hand it to the New Yorkers!

3. Phee phee April 30, 2019 at 9:50 pm #

Lovely look from her, as per usual.
    Nice dress, lovely styling. This is a case where I really like the blazer/shawl thing going on.

4. Guest April 30, 2019 at 7:05 pm #

She looks phenomenal. Love the dress, blazer doesn’t bother me.

5. Guest April 30, 2019 at 6:18 pm #

There are few fashion trends I hate more than the blazer worn as shawl. It is possible that I dislike it more than sheer and red/pink eye makeup. I think the blazer takes away from the dress.

6. Guest April 30, 2019 at 5:26 pm #

I wish she had ditched the jacket and maybe those large hoop earrings though they play into the Latin vibe of the dress. At first quick glance I thought I saw a little baby bump.