Menu

April 8, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Kacey Musgraves Goes Ombre At The 2019 ACM Awards

Kacey Musgraves In Christian Cowan x Powerpuff - ACM Awards 2019

‘Golden Hour’ saw Kacey Musgraves pick up Album of the Year at the 2019 ACM Awards on Sunday (April 7) in Las Vegas.

The singer completely stole the show wearing a technicolor blue, pink and green ombré Christian Cowan suit (which she wore sans shirt) with pleated detailing on the sleeves and trousers.

On the red carpet she said that between the rainbow hues and the pleats – both in reference to her album (the latter to the fan artwork on the album cover) – that she felt that this Christian Cowan suit was made for.

Regardless of all the signs, this was a super cool look.

I love the ’70s feel, the movement you get from the pleats and the subtle sex appeal imbued from the open blazer.

This was easily my favourite on the night.

Christian Cowan x Powerpuff Collection 2019

Credit: Christian Cowan & Getty

, , , , , , ,

Zoe Saldana Goes Back To Black For The 'Missing Link' New York Premiere

Zoe Saldana Goes Back To Black For The ‘Missing Link’ New York Premiere

Cardi B's Weekend of Feathers, Fur & Large Hats

Cardi B’s Weekend of Feathers, Fur & Large Hats

22 Responses to Kacey Musgraves Goes Ombre At The 2019 ACM Awards

1. Phee phee April 10, 2019 at 12:08 am #

I think this is pretty lame. The cheesy (Im using the word cheesy alot lately lol) outfit. the hair. all no.

2. Guest April 9, 2019 at 5:08 am #

I like the suit on her but I am in two minds over the lack of a shirt, that said it works better than if the jacket had been done up.

3. Guest April 9, 2019 at 3:25 am #

I love the SO much! The ombré effect is so soft and beautiful. BDOTW contender!

4. Guest April 8, 2019 at 8:22 pm #

I love this on her, just wish she had buttoned the blazer. I wonder if the unbuttoned blazer kept her from standing up and moving around during the show. She got a lot of heat online for remaining seated during the show while others stood up. Wonder if she was trying to avoid a wardrobe malfunction. The unbuttoned blazer looks a little desperate to me and she didn’t need the extra bid for attention since she has won multiple Grammies and was a winner last night. She is getting loads of attention for her talent. She’s young and beautiful and obviously talented. Think she would have looked just as cool buttoned up a bit.

• Guest April 8, 2019 at 10:10 pm #

She unbuttoned the jacket in front of the photographers. Thirst-y.

5. Guest April 8, 2019 at 6:14 pm #

Her version is so so so much better!

6. Guest April 8, 2019 at 5:26 pm #

I don’t really like the suit but it works well for the setting. I do wish she had buttoned it up though.

7. NZ April 8, 2019 at 3:51 pm #

I really love this suit and I’m pleased with the simple styling.

8. Guest April 8, 2019 at 3:19 pm #

The colors are beautiful and I like her simple styling. I think I would’ve liked this better had the blazer been buttoned though.

9. Tina K April 8, 2019 at 2:34 pm #

Thank god for the fresh makeup or she would have looked like a Kardashian sister lol. She could have done way better but looks nice. As always, envy her hair.

• Catherine Kallon April 8, 2019 at 2:38 pm #

Her hair is ALWAYS perfect… I agree

10. Lara April 8, 2019 at 2:34 pm #

Every single time I see her I have one thought “Her hair is too dark”… Would love to see a change in that area. She does not need to be blonde necessarily, but this colour is just sooooo dark on her.

I don’t mind the suit, its different and it’s not bad, and I’m no prude but honestly I would have preferred it buttoned,

11. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:33 pm #

I loathe when women wear jackets worn unbuttoned with nothing on underneath. Tacky and it looks dumb.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards April 8, 2019 at 2:41 pm #

I disagree. I think it looks sexy here

• Guest April 8, 2019 at 6:34 pm #

Dumb indeed! +1

12. Ruth April 8, 2019 at 2:33 pm #

She looks fresh and chic. She’s the new face of country music. No more cowboy hats and boots.
    BDOTW nominee

13. AW April 8, 2019 at 2:29 pm #

I always feel like her hair is too heavy and looks like a wig.

As for the suit, the concept is cool but it looks flat on her and the bare skin in the middle is meh.

14. Guest April 8, 2019 at 1:34 pm #

• Fashion Critic April 8, 2019 at 1:38 pm #

Her hair is ALWAYS perfect… I agree

15. Guest April 8, 2019 at 1:34 pm #

16. Guest April 8, 2019 at 1:33 pm #

BDOTW nominee

17. Guest April 8, 2019 at 1:29 pm #

I always feel like her hair is too heavy and looks like a wig.